• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Myers Briggs As Artists

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like this a lot.

Do you think it accurately reflects the kind of art each type would create?

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is awesome. Thank you for sharing. I think it is pretty accurate :)
At least for my Type.
Plus, it has some amazing artworks. I particularly like those under INTJ, ISTP, INFP and INFJ types.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can only speak for myself, but the ENTP entry and INTP entries are most like my approach. I would expect dominant Ni to be one of the dom functions with the most difficulty accepting instruction.

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The INFJ one is absolutely horrid. I think INFJ is more symbolist/decadence and less new age hippy.

Last edited:

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Nah, I don't think you can bind it that flawlessly.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Night Watch was used for both INFJ and ENFJ and the STP examples are horribly pixellated and crappy.

The ESFP one was my favorite, ENFP and ESTJ are good, too. I do think that you can tell something about a person's type from the kind of aesthetic they prefer, that's why a user's avatar actually provides relevant information about their type a lot of the time. In my opinion anyway.

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Night Watch was used for both INFJ and ENFJ

No, unfortunately this repugnant "artwork" was used for INFJ:
tumblr_inline_nff22mCVUu1rz2hej.jpg

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, unfortunately this repugnant "artwork" was used for INFJ:

Umm ... that is the Night Watch ... and it was used for ENFJ, too ... so, basically I have no idea what you're talking about and I'm wondering if I've gone crazy or not.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I do think that you can tell something about a person's type from the kind of aesthetic they prefer, that's why a user's avatar actually provides relevant information about their type a lot of the time. In my opinion anyway.

Yes, for example here is my 'art' from an older thread:

16c18h1.png

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Umm ... that is the Night Watch ... and it was used for ENFJ, too ... so, basically I have no idea what you're talking about and I'm wondering if I've gone crazy or not.

I'm sorry, but I think you've gone crazy.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Not every shit that comes out of people is art.
Excuse me.
But art is a language, I can understand people who can actually know how to talk.
It has beautiful accents, I judge each carefully and specially.​

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this repugnant "artwork" was used for INFJ:

Yeah, I can't tell if I disagree with the assessment or not (the written blurb about 'INFJ art' accompanying the piece), because the image chosen as an example runs so completely against my own aesthetic taste. I don't simply dislike it, I actually have a visceral reaction against it. I think that's because I associate that kind of image (pastel fairy shooting beams of rainbows and hopes and dreams and magic light out of fingertips) too much with flaky new age snake oil. At any rate, I do know I'd need to see a different 'example' of what that person is trying to point out to know whether I agree.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sounds about right, given my own experience with art.

I could also identify with INTP and INTJ approach to art, at least based on the OP link

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mmm. Lesson of the day: never listen to inferior Se, it can't see what's actually there.

Haha! No, but I seriously think it has something to do with your cache/cookies.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Loved the estp one.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was never much of an artist, but as a kid I sure tried. I mostly did cars and trains. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't see tumblr right now, but I think my 5w4 describes my sense of art better than the INTP thing.

Usually what is described as "INTP art" is really crappy, boring, cliche-looking boring scifi themed. (stuff you'd see on the cover on an 80's scifi novel and/or generate using math software in the 90's.) Like, it's not even art to me.

Art is evocative. So you get the broad underlying intrinsic "truth" of the Five but accentuate it somehow to that it's refined and purified to the degree of being overwhelming in its intensity like the Four. This can either be very "light/brilliant" or very "dark/disturbing" ... but it can't help but generate some kind of emotional response. Also, often truth is both brilliant and disturbing, so art that incorporates both can be even more powerful.

(I also tend to like things that take the familiar and add an otherworldly look to it, or distort the familiar in a way the pattern is recognizable within something else.)