• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] What type is the most open-minded?

What type is the most open-minded

• Total voters

doppelganger

MBTI Type
INTP
Open-minded can mean being open to new ideas or ideas different than your own, trying new things, having new experiences, seeking out people who are different than you, whatever it means to you. Just state the sense in which you define it.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Open-minded can mean being open to new ideas or ideas different than your own

Ne-doms/auxs.

trying new things, having new experiences

All Ps, especially ESPs.

seeking out people who are different than you

Extroverts and IFPs.
...or maybe Fe-doms prefer people like them?

Having said that, all types can be open-minded.

Raffaella

bon vivant
[MENTION=22814]doppelganger[/MENTION], do you have a hit list?

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I am open-minded to a fault and I'm an xxxx

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think ENFP are open minded in every sense of the term.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Open-minded can mean being open to new ideas or ideas different than your own, trying new things, having new experiences, seeking out people who are different than you, whatever it means to you. Just state the sense in which you define it.

Choosing "the most" whatever in relation to the types often means choosing types who have a tendency to be whatever to a fault.

So, for example, open to new ideas to a fault in the sense of being too indiscriminately open to flaky ideas.

Or, for another example, open to new experiences to a fault in the sense of having to learn the hard way that there are good reasons why no sensible person would try doing the kinds of things that no sensible person would try.

So I'm going to go with the ENFPs on this one. In my experience, they are the Queens of Learning Things the Hard Way.

And if I just focus on the "new experiences" criteria, I'd say all the EP types are contenders, but I think NFPs are the top-tier "flaky idea" people. So... taking both criteria into account, I say the ENFPs rule. :alttongue:

ADDED: E_FP anthem?

disTant_eCHo

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm open minded in situations other than socially. New ideas are cool and if something different than what I think comes across me, I give it a good look at and am able to drop a "confirmation bias". That said, I'm really close-minded socially; it's very difficult to get me to meet new people or do new things when I hang out with someone but that is probably related more to my social anxiety disorder rather than my being an (exceptionally strong at 88%) introvert.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've met people of all types who are both, I guess it depends on what they're open-minded about. I don't know what people go on about INTJs being close-minded, in my opinion they're often willing to listen. IxFP can be extremely close-minded.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I don't understand open mindedness. OK so being open, insofar as consideration of an unfamiliar and informed idea goes, I can get behind.

But just being open doesn't seem like a state that's desirable. Most people claim open mindedness in defence of their ideas, usually as an accusation against another idea, without seeing the obvious irony. I mean the term is so ubiquitous that to me it has become meaningless.

Also if a person was truly open to all they wouldn't make any decisions and would just sit, slack jawed, drooling. Part of humanity's gift is the ability of ignorance, to shut out the endless of EVERYTHING in order to focus on specific aspects. We're fucking lucky to have it.

Point being that a type is most open to whatever their attention is more naturally drawn to.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

If it comes to being open to new ideas and willing to discuss them then probably NPs but if it comes to reconsidering a previously held viewpoint then INJs.

If it means having new experiences then EPs with IPs in second

Seeking out people who are different from you would probably be connected to trying new things so EPs again

baccheion

Being a perceiver is the thing most likely to make someone more open-minded. P > J, F > T, N > S, E > I.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Healthy INFJ's and ENTP's are what I believe to be the most open-minded.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've heard that xNFPs are open-minded, but I've met many anf some of them are, some of them totally aren't. One INFP I know is closed off to trying anything new and pretty much sides with other people's opinions before opening his eyes and realizing what's really out there.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Lol. If he's really INFP, then it must be his perception of right/wrong pushing him to conform. I know a guy like that. In other words two words. Lame. But to each his own.

In otherwords this probably has no bearings on type, and instead on enneagram. I'm voting for type 5, because thirst for knowledge! This is myself, so, I'm voting for myself. INFP.

I'm going to feel real guilty about this post latter, because of the quality with which it is constructed aren't I? :shrug:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would be the ultimate open minded person but my Ti is pretty darn developed. Sometimes I have to nudge the Ne aside for a bit and say "yeah, nope. Just..... nope." Though the Fi of ENFPs would probably do the same thing. I guess the most open-minded type is the one that lacks a judging function :D