User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default A Challenge to Ni users

So, I've heard a few Ni-doms describe Ni as a "powerful" cognitive function. Supposedly, one of its powers is the ability to look into the future and foresee what will happen. YET, when you look at the real world, there are no ppl who can consistently predict what will happen in human affairs, no sage stock market forecasters, no prescient political pundits, no genius military leaders, no insightful intelligence agents who can tell us what is going to happen with any degree of consistency or reliability. Just look at 911. Where was the Ni-dom to tell us that was going to happen?

So, this is my challenge. Give us a demonstration of your Ni powers, right here, right now. Tell us something that is going to happen. And not just this one time. Not even twice. But consistently. Over time.

You can't do it. Not better than a flip of a coin.

As an aside, I have a INTJ friend who is a student of history, and he tells me that at critical junctures in history, when there was great upheaval and the future was uncertain, there typically was only one person who correctly foresaw how events would unfold--and sometimes there wasn't even one. And even when there was, successfully anticipating only one event is a poor test of real ability. It is beyond normal human powers to consistently anticipate the future. History shows this. As will this thread.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Are you wanting to talk to Ni users, or the precogs?
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

ni doesn't work like that for me. NI works when I memorize a bunch of details or facts - SE and then I need to know which one to use without going through each one and I just "kind of" know...but it requires diligence and I have a bad short term memory.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    ni doesn't work like that for me. NI works when I memorize a bunch of details or facts - SE and then I need to know which one to use without going through each one and I just "kind of" know...but it requires diligence and I have a bad short term memory.

Whuzzzzzzup, NT
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

I pretty much predicted the formation of isis.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    649 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ? Ni

I saw the Ukraine/Russian relationship coming to the place that it is at today... back in 2010, and the formation of ISIS

Something that will happen: Is Religious people calling the end times to happen during their generation till the human species becomes nonexistent

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

There are layers. Patterns, all throughout history; lineages, systems, nations; processes; time. If you were to consider all of humanity one giant organism, where each individual were its systems (as in systems biology...),then you would see that our individual patterns are really microcosmic fragments of a whole. It takes a lot more than a few small intuitives to stop what they can't put their finger any better than those who might if they were paying attention; if they could discern the relationship between microscopic ecologies of mosses and the birthing of stars; but it lives in the atmosphere of their skin, burrowing holes through their hearts;if one finds themselves able to look away from the details, finding perspective in a much bigger picture at work, they'll be a lot less depressed for doing so. (As in any language, there usually are no direct translations; the entire meaning lost in the divide of schismatic cultures of heart and thought) Who knows.

Ni for an individual is that moment you know your dad is dying while watching him have the time of his life, and knowing it happened before the phone rings. It's knowing when someone misses you. It's knowing when they miss someone else. It's seeing the subtleties that poison the mind of a woman you don't know, like Amanita, felt in the air..vaguely backed up by a few indiscernible glances so low their closest friends don't even notice. Your stomach turns but there's nothing you can do about it; you don't know but you can feel it. You can't explain it, there's nothing rational about it. Until you find out why.

"There's a magic inside,
    Likes PocketFullOf, windoverlake liked this post

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    Your stomach turns but there's nothing you can do about it; you don't know but you can feel it. You can't explain it, there's nothing rational about it. Until you find out why.
    thisss

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

This thread is like going to a bunch of programmers and demanding they hack the NSA.
    Likes PocketFullOf, cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I predict that sometime within the next 15 years the United States will embark upon a major war, which it will win. Right now we perceive that the U.S. debt and such will down its global position; this is illusory. The U.S. will continue to rise, and will continue to dominate the globe for much of the next century.

How is that for a prediction?