User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    It doesn't really work like that, at least not in my understanding. I believe the whole psychic/ precog thing is a misconception about Ni. Ni isn't about predicting economic collapses, wars or political upheavals. It's not about predicting the future of the world. It's about finding one's own way in the world. Every time I've ever ignored my initial impression about a situation or a person, I've regretted it. I can't tell what course of action is best for the world, but I do listen to my intuition when dealing with "my world."

Still, it’s important to note as I said in another post, that while a well-developed intuition can often be dead on the money, intuition can also be wrong sometimes. There's always the chaos factor, randominities. It must be balanced with logical thought.
    Research has shown that ppl are usually wrong in their first impressions and that only "logical thought" or "slow thinking" can get at the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirFrDVRBo4

All I believe that Ni is a synthesizing function that is creative to come up with new more powerful and mediatory (probably not a word) when engrossed in deep intellectual thought and suddenly the answer appears. I think someone wanted to have fun extracting Ni hardcore and then everybody started believing they had a super power with this *magical* way of knowing.

I do also believe that the lack of Si, or Se as an inferior gives a dreamy and surreal feeling of life making dreams feel so real, that's only my subjective experience.
    Last edited by Forever; 12-01-2014 at 02:07 AM. Reason: More info.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Why do you think I’d accept the challenge?
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    Why do you think I’d accept the challenge?
    You have Ni, so you tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
    Research has shown that ppl are usually wrong in their first impressions and that only "logical thought" or "slow thinking" can get at the truth.
    If you're going to genuflect while giving Daniel Kahneman the last word on the so-called truth, you're in deep shit. Wear galoshes.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If you're going to genuflect while giving Daniel Kahneman the last word on the so-called truth, you're in deep shit. Wear galoshes.
    That's a funny thing to say, coming from someone with a worshipful quotation for his sig. But you are a Te user, right?

No, I cite Kahneman not because he is some kind of "god", but because his research has been vetted by a community of credible researchers--UNLIKE Jung.

But you are a Te user, right?
    I cite Kahneman not because he is some kind of "god", but because his research has been vetted by a community of credible researchers--UNLIKE Jung. Dumbass.

Let's have some fun, courtesy of Myers:

Te: Relies on facts outside of the thinker, which are more decisive than the thinking itself for soundness and value.
    Ti: Relies on the thinker's powers of observation, appreciation and use of the inner wealth of inherited experience for soundness and value.

Which do you think you prefer with your reliance on a "community of credible researchers" shining a light for the little, lost shepherd?
    Good luck with that.

Oh, I'm glad I caught your "dumbass" comment before you removed it. Some people resort to that nonsense when their feathers get ruffled (along with having a weak argument).

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

You have Ni, so you tell me. ;)

I’ve already. ;)
    How come you waste my time once you’ve known?
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Anyone could predict everything if they could see all of the threads. The problem is gathering enough of the threads when we can't immediately see them as tangible things. One can look between events and see them as processes; one can begin to understand with time where they are most likely occur. And sometimes one whose mind is particularly honed on those threads can, in instances, suddenly see where they intersect. But other times there are other threads they don't realize exist that intercept first and change the direction of the whole. To ask someone to predict the future is to ask them to see everything. Even Ni doms with their thread-awareness are not omniscient, only prescient in blinks and whispers.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Let's have some fun, courtesy of Myers:

Te: Relies on facts outside of the thinker, which are more decisive than the thinking itself for soundness and value.
    Ti: Relies on the thinker's powers of observation, appreciation and use of the inner wealth of inherited experience for soundness and value.

Which do you think you prefer with your reliance on a "community of credible researchers" shining a light for the little, lost shepherd?
    Good luck with that.

Oh, I'm glad I caught your "dumbass" comment before you removed it. Some people resort to that nonsense when their feathers get ruffled (along with having a weak argument).
    Here's my problem with all of this: There are no facts 'inside the thinker'. Everything you think comes through your senses, and is therefore derived from the outside in some part. If the difference is just that one checks sensory input with personal beliefs, then anything called 'introverted' , be it Si, Ti or Ni, is just another kind of Xe.
    Case in point: no one have ever offered an explanation of Ni that doesn't include florid, metaphorical language, which points to the fact that it cannot be described accurately in itself, and if that is the case, then it probably doesn't exist.
    The fact is that there is nothing to think about that is not derived from the world of the senses, or is connected to it metaphorically ('it's like looking through a keyhole'). You cannot see anything in your mind's eye that is not itself based on something you have actually seen. A unicorn looks like a horse...
    I think Ni is simply a way to complete the theory, and to make it symmetrical. The trouble is that this is a artificial construct. Most times, There is no real symmetry, despite our desire for it. The skull looks symmetrical, but the brain is not. The heart is slightly off center to make room for the spine, and the lungs are different shapes to compensate. So the 'vaporware' of the mind seeks a thing that seems balanced, even if this makes no sense in reality.
    Ni is fiction, just as a unicorn.