User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by DsTeP View Post
    I saw the Ukraine/Russian relationship coming to the place that it is at today... back in 2010, and the formation of ISIS

Something that will happen: Is Religious people calling the end times to happen during their generation till the human species becomes nonexistent
    How did you come to foresee what would happen in Ukraine and the formation of ISIS?

And what will happen in Ukraine now? What will happen in Syria?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    There are layers. Patterns, all throughout history; lineages, systems, nations; processes; time. If you were to consider all of humanity one giant organism, where each individual were its systems (as in systems biology...),then you would see that our individual patterns are really microcosmic fragments of a whole. It takes a lot more than a few small intuitives to stop what they can't put their finger any better than those who might if they were paying attention; if they could discern the relationship between microscopic ecologies of mosses and the birthing of stars; but it lives in the atmosphere of their skin, burrowing holes through their hearts;if one finds themselves able to look away from the details, finding perspective in a much bigger picture at work, they'll be a lot less depressed for doing so. (As in any language, there usually are no direct translations; the entire meaning lost in the divide of schismatic cultures of heart and thought) Who knows.

Ni for an individual is that moment you know your dad is dying while watching him have the time of his life, and knowing it happened before the phone rings. It's knowing when someone misses you. It's knowing when they miss someone else. It's seeing the subtleties that poison the mind of a woman you don't know, like Amanita, felt in the air..vaguely backed up by a few indiscernible glances so low their closest friends don't even notice. Your stomach turns but there's nothing you can do about it; you don't know but you can feel it. You can't explain it, there's nothing rational about it. Until you find out why.
    I once asked an INTJ what the accuracy rate is on his Ni predictions. His answer: a little better than 50%. Since ppl tend to overestimate their abilities and successes, it's fair to say his accuracy is actually less than that, maybe 50%--or worse.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    I predict that sometime within the next 15 years the United States will embark upon a major war, which it will win. Right now we perceive that the U.S. debt and such will down its global position; this is illusory. The U.S. will continue to rise, and will continue to dominate the globe for much of the next century.

How is that for a prediction?
    Vague. Fifteen years is a wide window. And the US is already embarking on a war (with ISIS) that may very well become a major confrontation. Your forecast that the US will not succumb to its debt problems is interesting. Why do you think this?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    This thread is like going to a bunch of programmers and demanding they hack the NSA.
    I strongly suspect programmers have a better chance of hacking the NSA than anyone here has to consistently predict the future.
    Likes Stanton Moore liked this post

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
    So what's going to happen in Syria?
    I'm not really sure, I haven't been keeping up that well as of late. I got pretty frustrated after people kept telling me I was wrong about the Arab Spring and how its going to be such a great thing for the world even though I knew it wouldn't, or at least not across the board and I gave up on politics other than what I needed to do to study for the FSOT. But basically, I think that war between states is not that simple anymore and its going to be increasingly between groups that are not state affiliated which will make it a problem when these groups attack their perceived enemies and ruin countries that don't want the said group there in the first place. This is going to need to be resolved either by crushing these groups (such as ISIS) having them integrate into the state-based system by becoming a political party, or re-negotiating the order of the area in which they operate because if not:

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    But I don't believe in Ni powers.
    Neither do I.
    Likes Video, Stanton Moore liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Neither do I.
    The real question is... who does?

MBTI
    INTP

Thanks. I'll look into that. But one prediction does not a seer make. After all, ppl do get it right from time to time, just as a busted clock still gets it right twice a day. To show it isn't chance or dumb luck, a person would have to successfully make many predictions over a period of time and have a success rate well above 50%.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    People act like 911 is such an anomaly. I was only 11 at the time, and I know hindsight is 20/20 (or maybe more like 20/10 for N types) but after studying history and political science it mystifies me that no one could see this coming. The rise of the far right and the rise of Islamic extremism are not mutually exclusive, they are parallel and thrive on each other. And it's not like I'm talking out of my ass or I am trying to act smart while I'm really reading the answers off a teleprompter, I pretty much predicted trouble in Egypt and the formation of ISIS, and the way I came by it is not mysterious at all...if you are informed on the way certain things work and you have a premonition that something specific will happen, just think about it, try to rationalize it, because there is probably a good reason you feel that way, and most people are skilled enough in the art of rational logical thought to realize why they do.
    On 911 there had already been an attack on the WTC a few years earlier by the same group. That group was still active and the WTC remained the most glaring symbol of Western economic might. So in a general sense, yes, it should not have come as a great surprise that AQ attacked the WTC again. However, it is one thing to think an attack may happen and another to foresee how and when it would occur. And no-one in US intelligence appeared to have put the pieces together.

What led you to think the events in Egypt would unfold the way they did? And what made you think ISIS would emerge?
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

On 911 there had already been an attack on the WTC a few years earlier by the same group. That group was still active and the WTC remained the most glaring symbol of Western economic might. So in a general sense, yes, it should not have come as a great surprise that AQ attacked the WTC again. However, it is one thing to think an attack may happen and another to foresee how and when it would unfold. And no-one in US intelligence appeared to have put the pieces together.
    Which is why I refuse to rule out the possibility that the govt. was content to let it happen and then spin it to their advantage as far foreign policy was concerned. I think given the political climate Internationallly speaking they should have realized they should have been doing more if they didn't want to get into it with AQ.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can