User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    So you're gonna remain completely objective in your qualification process, right?
    are you M's manager?...or just another NTJ clown?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
    Isn't perceiving knowing for Ni?
    No, it isn't.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Isn't perceiving knowing for Ni? Make your Ni predictions and I'll let you know if they qualify.

Ni bothers and sisters, I’m sure you knew I haven’t rejected the challenge at first because of ego, ..
    It’s just that I feel like there’s more than “just for fun” about this thread.
    Not necessarily creepy, also as you know, snipers fight form far away.
    Yet they hide the trickiest, why? Because he himself, shoot at whom cannot see him.
    I think it’s enough said, no, not excuse, this one needs time, I’m saving my ‘em for the best shot.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.
    Likes ygolo liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Believing that your challenge is.. well, lacking.. isn't just an 'NTJ' thing.

Your own prediction was that this thread would show that it's "beyond normal human powers to consistently anticipate the future." Do you want your prediction to be evaluated? Are you confident in your prediction? Are you willing to stand by it? If so, you'll need some actual participation in your challenge. You'll also need a target that's not carnie-level rigged.

James Randi sets some clear criteria, and he gets people to take his challenge on national TV. If you actually want this thread to prove anything, some idea of what you're after would be a good start.
    Last edited by Bush Did 9/11; 12-07-2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: nicely minced for pleasure
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes ygolo liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

If I get the job I am about to apply for, am able to negotiate some fairly specific hiring conditions, and manage to arrange several things to my liking at my current job before leaving (in short - if my overall transition plan works), I will consider my application of Ni (plus associated functions) to be successful in this case. Unfortunately I won't have these results for several months yet.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Lost my reputation[here, of course not in reality along as I can see through etc]
    I’m not sure until when ********** is not busy and won’t turn his back away for a while.
    I’m not sure if there’ll be anyone else to realise it’s unfair and I don’t deserve to be ****ed.
    All I care for is that I know and I feel it never happened, I’m never like that.
    I’m satisfied, yet disappointed at ***, *** *****, ******* and few others.
    They got their days made. They’re losers, even parts of them know it, their ego is blinding them.
    What do the people will to be blind do? they fall. Unless..
    Unless? Unless they open their eyes.
    **** will wonder if I’ve learnt my lesson, no, he know’s I’m right.
    It
    ’s just that he was just like me, and now is older than me.
    Please. I tell you, be more clever unless you regret when I’m lost.
    Oh right, I won’t lose, I’ll become you.
    I’m still trying to find the reason, I expect it to be either childish or too impressive.
    You know what, express the impress you have, at least to me, don’t be etc.
    And yes it’s creepy when I start typing down what I think, but don’t worry it won’t happen unless I find a way to prevent it.
    And no fate is unchangeable but unknown. It’s the result of such a sum. ;)
    - - - -
    Yeah considering manners and morals, I should keep parts of this secret.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's just like Ti to view a perceiving function in a specific, definable term. Ni is not just an ability to predict the future. It is about viewing reality in terms of the underlying patterns, the background feelings of it, the energy behind the motion. Ni is also about attempting to form a sense of the whole of reality. Because of this it has a tendency to make connections in a way different from other functions. It's not a superpower or literally psychic ability.

I actually think it can be both the most accurate and the most erroneous function in terms of intuition. It is willing to take in a bigger spectrum, take bigger risks of insight than a judging function. It doesn't dismiss anything, but simply internalizes the whole of everything encountered. When something is encountered that makes no sense, that doesn't fit anywhere into the internal scheme, it isn't by nature rejected by that specific function, but rather reoriented over and over until it find some place to connect or rest.

So what do you want to hear from a Ni-dom about predictions? Do you want to know if you are going to get a job or a girlfriend you are working towards? Do you want to hear that the reptilians from the Draco system are going to have a final battle with the Greys making all the religions and superstitions throughout history to finally make sense? (too much wine + "Ancient Aliens). I suppose I could predict that we will all die or there will be another sunrise.

This is my prediction: Life will continue to take unexpected turns in both my life and yours. Or perhaps the turns aren't so unexpected as they are events we aren't prepared to face, although we know on some level we must. Life will continue to be difficult, and in some ways hard in exactly the most painful ways for each of us individually as we consciously and sub-consciously work out the scars of our pasts and as we continue to use our broken tools and assumptions to rebuild ourselves in an never ending search to become whole.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes Ene, Belle of Kilronan liked this post

This dynamic is getting pretty ridiculous. I have gotten caught up in it myself, but characterizing entire groups of people based on a dominant function (or dom and aux) has to be the among the weirdest and most esoteric forms prejudice I've come across...although, I can think of worse.

In some sense, it's not unexpected (and could have been predicted ), since according the 'lasagna' model, Ni takes the "critical parent" role for INTPs (It's also the "insight" role, btw in its positive aspect). Similarly, Ti takes the critical parent/insight role for INTJs.

Making predictions from models is something available to every person on the planet. This "beyond human powers" requirement is tautologically impossible unless you think the posts here come from non-humans.

I predict you will respond and clarify what you meant by the op, or respond in a manner that is very defensive.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

You know you’re rocking Ni when you answer the person you’re having a conversation with before he asks.
    And you end up ruining it.
    Oh God, I should remember just because you want to say something it doesn’t mean you actually said it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Socionics
    IEI!

I think that the reason Ni users don't make accurate predictions on a global level anymore is because modern society has reduced the importance of the source of Ni's true power - the unconscious mind. How many government officials would listen to advice given based on a hunch? Because of the bias against 'hunches' and intuition, most government officials probably don't even share their hunches and intuitive insights with their superiors, for fear of being ridiculed, maybe even demoted. Modern society demands proof and sensory data in order to even consider taking action on the kind of level that a situation like 9/11 would've required. Our government is essentially trapped in a sensory box, and I don't see it getting out anytime soon.