User Tag List

Thread: What draws different types to MBTI, Enneagram, Instinct etc...

literally your mother Array PocketFullOf's Avatar

Default What draws different types to MBTI, Enneagram, Instinct etc...

I'm just curious. I personally was trying to explain this mess. My mom always remarks how similar I am to my father in personality When really we couldn't be more different (INTJ vs ESFP) and I knew that, but in general, what is it? The convenience of being able to diagnose traits into a box? Finding people similar to one's self in a world where no one seems to understand us?

So, what's your type, what attracts you about this stuff, and then for each type what is your theory?

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

5w4 sp/sx
    LII Ne

INTJ and ESFP have the same functions, but they are really very differents... The genetic could be linked to it. I don't know if I'm a INTJ or INTP analizing the functions, and my dad is a INTJ and my mom is a ESFJ (Same functions of INTP).
    INTP (LII - Ne, Harmonizing subtype) ~ 5w4 - 9w1 - 4w5 (sp/sx/so)

"My thought is me: that is why I cannot stop thinking. I exist because I think I cannot keep from thinking" ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

To me, it follows a long line of obsessions. Starting with ninja turtles, dinosaurs, pokemon, digimon, to philosophy and metal. With metal I would map out all the different sub-genres, and how they relate to each other and I wanted to know what it was that defined each genre. Then comes typology. It's just so easy to become obsessed with. It's a neat little system, but it takes so long to understand properly and you're always refining your knowledge the more you read.

So, for me it's a combination of an analytical mind and an addictive/obsessive personality.