• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What draws different types to MBTI, Enneagram, Instinct etc...

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I'm just curious. I personally was trying to explain this mess. My mom always remarks how similar I am to my father in personality When really we couldn't be more different (INTJ vs ESFP) and I knew that, but in general, what is it? The convenience of being able to diagnose traits into a box? Finding people similar to one's self in a world where no one seems to understand us?

So, what's your type, what attracts you about this stuff, and then for each type what is your theory?

Himeko009

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ and ESFP have the same functions, but they are really very differents... The genetic could be linked to it. I don't know if I'm a INTJ or INTP analizing the functions, and my dad is a INTJ and my mom is a ESFJ (Same functions of INTP).

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
To me, it follows a long line of obsessions. Starting with ninja turtles, dinosaurs, pokemon, digimon, to philosophy and metal. With metal I would map out all the different sub-genres, and how they relate to each other and I wanted to know what it was that defined each genre. Then comes typology. It's just so easy to become obsessed with. It's a neat little system, but it takes so long to understand properly and you're always refining your knowledge the more you read.

So, for me it's a combination of an analytical mind and an addictive/obsessive personality.