User Tag List

Enneagram
    7w6

Default Cognitive Functions: A New Twist

Everyone knows this test:

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

However, as the title would suggest, I have a different approach. Why not try to pick every answer that absolutely does not coincide with your view of yourself and see if the answer points towards your actual type.

The reasoning behind this is to place more attention upon what actual preferences you may have, to weed out any assumptions that you may make based off of previous answers and focus on what is truly valuable to you. The intensity of each answer is also opposed, too, as such whenever you choose a "4" you replace that with a "2" and so on.

It is an attempt to slow you down and focus on why you have chosen why that specific way of thinking does not coincide with what you believe you may be initially.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 11-09-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: title; per request

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by corpseparty View Post
    Everyone knows this test:

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

However, as the title would suggest, I have a different challenge. Why not try to pick every answer that absolutely does not coincide with your view of yourself and see if the answer points towards your actual type.

Whether it does, or doesn't explain why you believe it did or didn't.
    I would just score the opposite of the way I normally would. My lowest score would then point to my type.

But if you seriously want to work the enneagram, try being a different type for a day.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I would just score the opposite of the way I normally would. My lowest score would then point to my type.

But if you seriously want to work the enneagram, try being a different type for a day.
    It is suggested that your previous type not be considered while answering the questions, otherwise the results may not be very surprising.

I would imagine you don't have much doubt about your type in the first place so this exercise may not be the most beneficial to you anyway.

Enneagram
    7w6

My specific results, interestingly enough, shows my conflictor being my type.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.1)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) **************************************** (40.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.6)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.4)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************** (18.4)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.8)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.9)
    good use
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFJ, or INFP

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************** (38)
    excellent use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.9)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************** (20.8)
    limited use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.1)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.8)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.7)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.2)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.1)
    excellent use
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or ISFJ

I think I must've clicked wrong on one or two of the Fi questions, as I usually score moderate-high on that one when taking it normally.
    Likes corpseparty liked this post

Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************** (38)
    excellent use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.9)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************** (20.8)
    limited use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.1)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.8)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.7)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.2)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.1)
    excellent use
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or ISFJ

I think I must've clicked wrong on one or two of the Fi questions, as I usually score moderate-high on that one when taking it normally.
    Well, looking at it from a socionics perspective it is in line with your view on ILE. I would consider it accurate enough, in that instances.
    Likes LunaLuminosity liked this post

Hey, cool idea. I scored as an ENTP, which, assuming I am an ESI in socionics, would be my conflictor. I've always had a little bit of trouble with ILEs to tell the truth, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are my conflictors or supervisees at the very least. I think there's some merit to your hypothesis.

Also, this test is an excellent indication of how little I use Ti ... and surprisingly, that I do actually overestimate my Te when taking the test the regular way. Switching answers around did make me think harder about what I was saying.

Results under the spoiler.

Likes corpseparty liked this post

Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Hey, cool idea. I scored as an ENTP, which, assuming I am an ESI in socionics, would be my conflictor. I've always had a little bit of trouble with ILEs to tell the truth, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are my conflictors or supervisees at the very least. I think there's some merit to your hypothesis.

Also, this test is an excellent indication of how little I use Ti ... and surprisingly, that I do actually overestimate my Te when taking the test the regular way. Switching answers around did make me think harder about what I was saying.

Results under the spoiler.

And those are the biases I was hoping would be laid to rest by taking the test in such a way.

@LunaLuminosity, did you find any bias toward your answers by taking it this ways, too?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by corpseparty View Post
    And those are the biases I was hoping would be laid to rest by taking the test in such a way.

@LunaLuminosity, did you find any bias toward your answers by taking it this ways, too?
    Well, the results themselves, whether answering normally or opposite, are innately a result of our own personal biases. But no, I did find taking it backwards made my results a little more accurate. When taking it normally I tend to answer too automatically from knowing this stuff too well. Like: blah blah blah, oooooh, delicious possibilities and my own personal logics? Exactly me to all the things! It also helped me to see how really Si influenced I am, for better or for worse.
    Likes senza tema liked this post

Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Well, the results themselves, whether answering normally or opposite, are innately a result of our own personal biases. But no, I did find taking it backwards made my results a little more accurate. When taking it normally I tend to answer too automatically from knowing this stuff too well. Like: blah blah blah, oooooh, delicious possibilities and my own personal logics? Exactly me to all the things! It also helped me to see how really Si influenced I am, for better or for worse.
    It is true, we can never escape our biases, but in answering the opposite perhaps as you have said you see how truly influenced you are by functions you may not particularly enjoy.

I consider your experience a success!
    Likes LunaLuminosity liked this post