• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Cognitive Functions: A New Twist

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
Everyone knows this test:

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

However, as the title would suggest, I have a different approach. Why not try to pick every answer that absolutely does not coincide with your view of yourself and see if the answer points towards your actual type.

The reasoning behind this is to place more attention upon what actual preferences you may have, to weed out any assumptions that you may make based off of previous answers and focus on what is truly valuable to you. The intensity of each answer is also opposed, too, as such whenever you choose a "4" you replace that with a "2" and so on.

It is an attempt to slow you down and focus on why you have chosen why that specific way of thinking does not coincide with what you believe you may be initially.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone knows this test:

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

However, as the title would suggest, I have a different challenge. Why not try to pick every answer that absolutely does not coincide with your view of yourself and see if the answer points towards your actual type.

Whether it does, or doesn't explain why you believe it did or didn't.

I would just score the opposite of the way I normally would. My lowest score would then point to my type.

But if you seriously want to work the enneagram, try being a different type for a day.

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
I would just score the opposite of the way I normally would. My lowest score would then point to my type.

But if you seriously want to work the enneagram, try being a different type for a day.

It is suggested that your previous type not be considered while answering the questions, otherwise the results may not be very surprising.

I would imagine you don't have much doubt about your type in the first place so this exercise may not be the most beneficial to you anyway.

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
My specific results, interestingly enough, shows my conflictor being my type.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************************** (40.5)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.4)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************** (18.4)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.8)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.9)
good use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFJ, or INFP

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************** (20.8)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.7)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.2)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or ISFJ

I think I must've clicked wrong on one or two of the Fi questions, as I usually score moderate-high on that one when taking it normally.

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************** (20.8)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.7)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.2)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or ISFJ

I think I must've clicked wrong on one or two of the Fi questions, as I usually score moderate-high on that one when taking it normally.

Well, looking at it from a socionics perspective it is in line with your view on ILE. I would consider it accurate enough, in that instances.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, cool idea. I scored as an ENTP, which, assuming I am an ESI in socionics, would be my conflictor. I've always had a little bit of trouble with ILEs to tell the truth, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are my conflictors or supervisees at the very least. I think there's some merit to your hypothesis.

Also, this test is an excellent indication of how little I use Ti ... and surprisingly, that I do actually overestimate my Te when taking the test the regular way. Switching answers around did make me think harder about what I was saying.

Results under the spoiler.

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
Hey, cool idea. I scored as an ENTP, which, assuming I am an ESI in socionics, would be my conflictor. I've always had a little bit of trouble with ILEs to tell the truth, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are my conflictors or supervisees at the very least. I think there's some merit to your hypothesis.

Also, this test is an excellent indication of how little I use Ti ... and surprisingly, that I do actually overestimate my Te when taking the test the regular way. Switching answers around did make me think harder about what I was saying.

Results under the spoiler.

And those are the biases I was hoping would be laid to rest by taking the test in such a way.

[MENTION=5857]LunaLuminosity[/MENTION], did you find any bias toward your answers by taking it this ways, too?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And those are the biases I was hoping would be laid to rest by taking the test in such a way.

[MENTION=5857]LunaLuminosity[/MENTION], did you find any bias toward your answers by taking it this ways, too?

Well, the results themselves, whether answering normally or opposite, are innately a result of our own personal biases. But no, I did find taking it backwards made my results a little more accurate. When taking it normally I tend to answer too automatically from knowing this stuff too well. Like: blah blah blah, oooooh, delicious possibilities and my own personal logics? Exactly me to all the things! It also helped me to see how really Si influenced I am, for better or for worse.

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
Well, the results themselves, whether answering normally or opposite, are innately a result of our own personal biases. But no, I did find taking it backwards made my results a little more accurate. When taking it normally I tend to answer too automatically from knowing this stuff too well. Like: blah blah blah, oooooh, delicious possibilities and my own personal logics? Exactly me to all the things! It also helped me to see how really Si influenced I am, for better or for worse.

It is true, we can never escape our biases, but in answering the opposite perhaps as you have said you see how truly influenced you are by functions you may not particularly enjoy.

I consider your experience a success!