• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Describe the Temperaments

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just for fun. :D

ES -
EN -
IS -
IN -
ET -
EF -
IT -
IF -
EJ -
EP -
IJ -
IP -
ST -
SF -
NT -
NF -
TJ -
TP -
FJ -
FP -
SJ -
SP -
NJ -
NP -

(oh, and for fun, which one you identify with the most)

edit: added some more because i forgot some

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have always understood the temperaments to be just four: NF, NT, SJ, SP. At least that was Keirsey's take on it, and much debated contribution to basic MB type theory. Are you getting this longer list from some other author or reference?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have always understood the temperaments to be just four: NF, NT, SJ, SP. At least that was Keirsey's take on it, and much debated contribution to basic MB type theory. Are you getting this longer list from some other author or reference?

No...I'm not following Keirsey. But I'm fairly certain that there are common patterns between types that share two letters. For example, an ExFx type being warm, friendly, personable, etc. Like I said it's just something to do for fun/discussion. :shrug:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
EJ - get a lot done, story tellers
IJ - passive, deliberate
EP - fun-loving, hard to pin down
IP - friendly, definite opinions

This is what temperament means to me. It's like your energy level, and is generally quite easy for me to identify.