• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Perceiving Functions

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I'm looking for a way to describe the perceving functions but I'm having problems figuring something out for Se.

This is what I have so far

Si: Hindsight - recognition of the realities, possibilities, or requirements of a situation, event, decision etc., after its occurrence.

Ni: Insight - penetrating mental vision or discernment; faculty of seeing into inner character or underlying truth.

Ne: Foresight - knowledge or insight gained by or as by looking forward; a view of the future.

Se: :confused:

Anybody have any ideas for Se?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I thought of that but I was thinking about the interpretative qualities associated with Se.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Se:

Assigning cohesion to external data.

A traffic light - which color?

The call of a bird - which/where?

Data on a spreadsheet - what does it forecast?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ne: Association. Viewing the essential ways two or more things may interrelate.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ne foresight ?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
more like outta sight :headphne:

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
Se is right in front of you sight. Perception might be a better word. Sight seems like it just means vision, and you want something that refers to all of your senses.

Perception - The ability to notice, appreciate and identify things in your immediate environment. The ability to notice a change in your environment. The ability to notice details.

Ilah

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I would call Ne "Insight" and Ni "Foresight". Both Ne and Ni give insight, but Ni is more appropriate to foresight. "Sight" is probably the best word for Se. Sight, hindsight, foresight, insight. Stated in that order it has a ring to it. :)

Metis

Yours is a neat and stylish way to do this, but you might come up with more satisfying terms if you don't rely on -sight.

Foresight - knowledge or insight gained by or as by looking forward; a view of the future.

Yeah, agree with spirilis. You got the Ne mischaracterized.

Insight - penetrating mental vision or discernment; faculty of seeing into inner character or underlying truth.

Ivy

Anybody have any ideas for Se?

Excite heh
Um, like giggling ESFP

Hindsight, foresight; Insight, excite .. get it? :thelook: