First 6789 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Lenore Tomson's function descriptions, courtesey of Personality Nation since greenlightwiki is down a lot
    This pleases us.

I appreciate the valuable information on the Si as I have been fighting against the standard 'memory' interpretation for a long time here. The idea that Si uses a body memory template is a useful way of explaining it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Granted the truth of Yukawa's analysis of Si, I would like to bring up a point related to this:

'Now he is to make a second sandwich without the help of the recipe. The Si user’s memory is poor, unfortunately, so he can’t remember the recipe from heart, HOWEVER, he can “feel” out the sensation as he makes it. The Si user will have a sensation that tells him, wasn’t it the bread slice first that needs to be covered with mustard and mayo? He does not need to even say this. His gut feeling will tell him that probably is the first correct approach.'

That is not just a gut feeling, it is a JUDGMENT.

SingSmileShine

These are awesome! Thank you so much. (:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQoOqQiVzwQ"]Try this[/YOUTUBE]

Feedback for the accuracy of the video is welcome.
    Last edited by phobik; 04-22-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQoOqQiVzwQ"]Try this[/YOUTUBE]

Feedback for the accuracy of the video is welcome.
    Ok my feedback is that this video is about as accurate as skimming a flat stone across a river top in an attempt to understand what lives at the bottom of it.

I suppose that is a little harsh, it does explain the generalities fairly well but it leaves out the point of contexuality.

So what happens if a person looks at that styrofoam cup and cannot relate to exactly what the bullet points are telling them? Yes it is true that if you have a bit of knowledge and intelligence then you will realise that they are truely meant as mere examples of how either an S or N might observe that cup. But most people will try to....stick to what the 'rules' are and wonder that they aren't thinking about saving the planet or if the cup has a conical shape.

The same goes for the J and P part, it clearly wishes to give generalised examples of what the J and P dichotomy might produce in a person, but you will always get those who are looking at it very literally and without that same knowledge of context.
    Thus we end up with people going "hey I love to see things through and finished...." "BUT WAIT, I also like to be spontaneous" "Arrggh I am confuzzled".

It is good as an introduction to the theory but it assumes too much about how well it's audience possesses the ability to understand the subtleties of a theory they may not have researched or come into contact with before.

It's for the same reason most test's are usually worthless. People either type themselves based on their observation of a persona rather than their cognition, or they know enough to understand why a particular question is being asked and will end up twisting the answers for their own personal preference, either consciously or not.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Ok my feedback is that this video is about as accurate as skimming a flat stone across a river top in an attempt to understand what lives at the bottom of it.

I suppose that is a little harsh, it does explain the generalities fairly well but it leaves out the point of contexuality.

So what happens if a person looks at that styrofoam cup and cannot relate to exactly what the bullet points are telling them? Yes it is true that if you have a bit of knowledge and intelligence then you will realise that they are truely meant as mere examples of how either an S or N might observe that cup. But most people will try to....stick to what the 'rules' are and wonder that they aren't thinking about saving the planet or if the cup has a conical shape.

The same goes for the J and P part, it clearly wishes to give generalised examples of what the J and P dichotomy might produce in a person, but you will always get those who are looking at it very literally and without that same knowledge of context.
    Thus we end up with people going "hey I love to see things through and finished...." "BUT WAIT, I also like to be spontaneous" "Arrggh I am confuzzled".

It is good as an introduction to the theory but it assumes too much about how well it's audience possesses the ability to understand the subtleties of a theory they may not have researched or come into contact with before.

It's for the same reason most test's are usually worthless. People either type themselves based on their observation of a persona rather than their cognition, or they know enough to understand why a particular question is being asked and will end up twisting the answers for their own personal preference, either consciously or not.
    Excellent. Glad it helped.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Excellent. Glad it helped.
    Are you taking the piss?!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Are you taking the piss?!
    Stay on topic pls. Also that's...private, man.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Stay on topic pls. Also that's...private, man.
    Sorry what I meant was, I was criticising it and you said 'glad it helped' as if the feedback was positive.

So I assumed you were joking.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Here is a link to the REAL MBTI and not that JCF stuff posing as MBTI practiced on this forum:
    http://www.reettaraitanen.com/posts/myers-briggs/