User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Merged and stickied threads.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    This place wasn't small. It was gigantic... with a cafe and everything.
    But I probably will end up ordering what I want online.
    It's just that I was given Christmas money and I was supposed to have it wrapped and under the tree for Christmas, so waiting for shipping wasn't an option, nor was paying an arm and a leg for expediency.
    Besides, I didn't imagine Borders wouldn't have what I wanted.
    Live and learn.
    I almost always buy books online, so I didn't know.
    Ahh. You're forgiven, now.

MBTI
    INTJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Blogs

The MBTI Blog

Webinars

Getting the Most Accurate Myers-Briggs Results
    - Recording of Webinar made available by CPP, Inc.
    "For a man who wants to make a profession of good in all regards must come to ruin among so many who are not good. Hence it is necessary to a prince, if he wants to maintain himself, to learn to be able not to be good, and to use this and not use it according to necessity."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    LoLz

I got psychological types from the campus library a few days ago. I've been skimming around the descriptions of the types and functions, but it's kinda hard to follow. The relationship between subject and object way that he puts it makes it interesting, though. It's weird reading it, thinking that everything started from this one book.

MBTI
    LoLz

Necro'ing an old thread here, but I just found a book I saw a few months ago that I was wanting to buy:

What Type Am I? by Renee Baron

I wanted it mostly because it has little comics in it for each type which are really funny. Like, for INFJ, it has a comic about a girl sitting in front of a bookcase with journals for every year of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I took the Socionics test and while it said that I was an ENFJ (with a telling ghost P function, which bears witness to my twin sister's influence over me growing up), did anyone else's eyes bug out when you got to the "compatibilty" part? Ye Gods. Me and an ISTJ, married?? I have nothing against ISTJs whatsoever, but marriage? Then it recommended that I marry myself (NO NO NO!!! I'd rather be ALONE) or an ESTP (yes, that's nice, if I want to be dragged through life by a wacky raving daredevil). At the very bottom it listed INFP/INTP.

Yikes. I'm still giving the "ISTJ" pairing an astounded stare.
    Okay, BUT: ENFJs sometimes hold up their partners to this idealistic standard. IF you married an ISTJ, at least that person would always stay the way you thought they were, and never let you down...

I loved "Three keys to self-understanding" by Pat Wyman, has anybody red that one? It's more clinical - working on psychological problems with help of MBTI,Enneagram -smaller part + big part of book Inner child Healing (using mbti and enneagram as well) ?

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default MBTI Research sources

Is there a separate thread for MBTI research sources? For now I think I'll post it here and leave it up to anyone to judge the proper place.

A while ago I read an article about the 'daydreaming network' of the brain in a dutch popular science magazine. It dealt only with the left hemisphere, which I don't hope is lingering scientific underestimation of the right hemisphere, but in the descriptions of brain areas I could recognize some of the cognitive functions.

Here's a scan, if it works:

Translations:

White title: Daydreaming in the brain cortex

Smaller picture on the left "Posterior cingulate cortex":
    An area in the middle cortex, that has a.o. memory functions. => Si ?

Picture on the right, left yellow area "Medial prefrontal cortex":
    This part of the frontal lobe classifies events in good, bad or neutral. The center is active when we think of the past or the future. => Te (Je)?

Picture on the right, right yellow area "Lateral parietal cortex":
    This part of the parietal lobe is involved in the autobiographical memory and is also active when we think ahead. => Ni ?

Maybe a bit far-fetched, and preoccupied, but I thought this nicely corresponded with areas for the cognitive functions as described by Lenore Thomson.
    INtj | 9w1