• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensing, Intuition, and Glasses

Vote, please!

• Total voters

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
:) crazy... You think there's a connection here?

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I have a tendency to think that maybe Ns get away without glasses for longer than Ss - my eyes are a little dodgy long distance (about the point where I probably shouldn't be driving without glasses), but I swear I don't even notice it 90% of the time.

I can imagine it bugging an S-type a great deal more.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a tendency to think that maybe Ns get away without glasses for longer than Ss - my eyes are a little dodgy long distance (about the point where I probably shouldn't be driving without glasses), but I swear I don't even notice it 90% of the time.

I can imagine it bugging an S-type a great deal more.
Hmm...I never wear my glasses except for the computer, I can't stand the feel/look of them. It bothers me a little to not be able to see things, but not enough to wear them. So I dunno.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
what if you should wear glasses or contacts, but don't because you'd rather strain your eyes and feel weird with glasses on and touching your eye. I'm near sighted. I figure if I need to see something I'll just get closer to it. Now if I was far sighted I'd probably bump into things....wait...I do that anyways.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
oh my dear GOD!!!

The rumors were true!

There is a correlation!

(kinda sorta not really)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm in that wear-glasses camp. Cause, you know, I would run into things without them.

Have you ever thought of narrowing it down to what sort of eye problems? For some reason I can imagine nearsightedness more S, farsightedness and astigmatism more N.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
One optimitrist I had said people who read a lot were more likely to need glasses.

Which types read the most?

I am thinking NT. Ns like stories of fantasy, science fiction, etc. - stories that stimulate the imagination. Ts like to read for the love of learning. I don't really have much to back this theory up, just based on myself and some people I know.

Ilah

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't wear glasses, but I've never been in a situation where I was told I needed them. I also don't like to read much (unless it's about me) -- I get a headache if I stare at words for too long. I prefer to write instead.

I hate wearing sunglasses, though, because they always feel like they're going to slip off my nose. I can only imagine that optical glasses do the exact same thing.

I'd like to wear a monocle -- I'd look like Colonel Klink!

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm nearsighted, so is my brother. I'm pretty sure it's from reading too much, getting way too close to the paper when writing or drawing, and otherwise physically zooming in close to inspect things.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't wear glasses, but I've never been in a situation where I was told I needed them. I also don't like to read much (unless it's about me) -- I get a headache if I stare at words for too long. I prefer to write instead.

I hate wearing sunglasses, though, because they always feel like they're going to slip off my nose. I can only imagine that optical glasses do the exact same thing.

I'd like to wear a monocle -- I'd look like Colonel Klink!

I get a head ache when I stare at words to long - that's WHY I have bifocals, so I can stare at words a long time. A life where I could not read for extend periods would really depress me.

Ilah

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Yes, Falcarius wears glasses whenever he goes out as he has low Myopia (near-sightedness).

On the subject of sunglasses, Falcarius wears his prescription sunglasses when it is not even sunny. He had a accident involving an office chair, his normal glasses, and him falling asleep; He is too cheap to buy new glasses.:D

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I wear them, but only really needed them after college, and the prescription is not very strong. Laptops did me in. My 20-20 was a point of pride before then.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
:) crazy... You think there's a connection here?

Even if there was, this is a biased group.

Most people here think they're intuitives (many, likely more than 50% of them are in reality sensors). Very few sensors here.

It wouldn't be a good sample.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Even if there was, this is a biased group.

Most people here think they're intuitives (many, likely more than 50% of them are in reality sensors). Very few sensors here.

It wouldn't be a good sample.

If I may veer off topic here -- then what is an intuitive? Why are so many of the people here sensors who think they're intuitive?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Of the intuitives and sensors who need corrective lenses, I bet Ns are more likely to wear glasses and Ss are more likely to wear contact lenses.

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
That's probably true. I'm guilty of the contacts>glasses bit. And I've worn glasses since I was 5.

I'm always amazed by phDs who manage to make it through 20+years of education with 20/20 vision. Like my eagle-eyed advisor, who has been editor of a major journal for years (he's gotta be in his 60s).