User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 216

  1. #41
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Were you irritated that you'd been beaten or did you feel assaulted by the cards? Like they were ganging up on you -- did it feel like that?
    it was actually more of mild amusement... i made an aggressive raise from early position before the flop and he called with 3-6. I then check-raised him all-in and he called with bottom pair, then got another 6 on the turn for 3-of-a-kind

    it was bad playing on so many different levels. of course, bad beats are part of the game and ive had so many that they dont really bother or suprise me anymore.

    against players like that, i find it hard to suppress a smile, thinking about how much money they will lose (hopefully to me) playing like that

    the nice thing about the MGM grand poker room is that it's right in the entrance, so it attracts lots of fishies passing by

    here fishy fishy


    but yeah, i think i should change my type to ISFP, what do yall think

  2. #42
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Anger is a surprisingly un-Feeling emotion, I've noticed.

    MBTI aside, cognitive and neurological research have shown anger to be very different from happiness, or sadness, or a lot of other emotions. Also, testosterone apparently supresses most emotions, but it doesn't supress anger at all.

    The truly unfeeling "emotions" are surprise and fascination.

    Anyhow, I've already stated many times that emotional expression, for the most part, doesn't make me think someone is an F. I doubt anyone would think my INTJ brother was some kind of F, but he sure does get angry.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #43
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    I hope no one's said this, but you do need reason to feel. If your boss tells you you're fired, your brain needs to first use decipher the language and logically equate getting fired to having financial hardship, having to find a new job, telling your wife..etc

  4. #44
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I hope no one's said this, but you do need reason to feel. If your boss tells you you're fired, your brain needs to first use decipher the language and logically equate getting fired to having financial hardship, having to find a new job, telling your wife..etc
    Actually, I think it's been well established here that you need to reason to Feel, and you usually need to Feel to reason.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #45
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Actually, I think it's been well established here that you need to reason to Feel, and you usually need to Feel to reason.
    Alright, I'm new here. I'm not sure about needing to feel to reason though.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

    The truly unfeeling "emotions" are surprise and fascination.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    it was actually more of mild amusement... i made an aggressive raise from early position before the flop and he called with 3-6. I then check-raised him all-in and he called with bottom pair, then got another 6 on the turn for 3-of-a-kind

    it was bad playing on so many different levels. of course, bad beats are part of the game and ive had so many that they dont really bother or suprise me anymore.

    against players like that, i find it hard to suppress a smile, thinking about how much money they will lose (hopefully to me) playing like that

    the nice thing about the MGM grand poker room is that it's right in the entrance, so it attracts lots of fishies passing by

    here fishy fishy


    but yeah, i think i should change my type to ISFP, what do yall think
    $5 says ur ISTP.

  8. #48
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Sure. The one is just the need for more information, the other is just your brain scrambling when it intakes information that it had not accounted for.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  9. #49
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Sure. The one is just the need for more information, the other is just your brain scrambling when it intakes information that it had not accounted for.
    It just surprised me because I experience fascination a lot.

  10. #50
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    It just surprised me because I experience fascination a lot.
    To me, that wouldn't make you a Feeler or a Thinker either way.
    There's nothing about fascination that is against Feeling, either. I'm saying that it does not require more than minimal Feeling, but it is totally compatible with Feeling.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Similar Threads

  1. Thinking/Feeling and Mercy
    By Asterion in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 04:58 PM
  2. What personality type do you think he has?
    By Tish211 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 06:32 AM
  3. [INTP] I think Feelings are important. And I'm an INTP
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 04:44 PM
  4. Thinking/Feeling game: Same Difference
    By rivercrow in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO