User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    His definitions of the functions get muddled and crossed-over, and obviously imbalanced with a misinforming bias.
    They really don't...

He's quite lucid in his understanding of typology. This recent crusade may very well be out of frustration, but isn't necessarily therein incorrect.

He has a big tendency to misinterpret(intentionally or unintentionally) what other people mean.
    Usually Fs... but it's not his fault -- they often don't know how to precisely express what they mean. That's not really their fault either... they don't choose to hone nicety rather than diction. It's just what's more comfortable for them.
    He likes to not respond at all to what are usually the most substantial points against him. He has, as has been very well confirmed by now, used plenty of logical fallacies, and he tends to make factual errors.
    Factual errors, I'll agree to. However like I said, his conceptual understanding of typology is near seamless. Perhaps he's not got real anecdotal information, but since typology isn't really an anecdotally proven system, he doesn't have to.

It would be nice however for him to restrain himself there.

I'd also like to ask that we don't pretend that rebuttal is really out of much more than anger. He's not wrong. He and I have discussed it online. I haven't read his post but unless he's drastically altered his stance from the time we spoke and the time he wrote this, he's definitely not wrong.
    we fukin won boys

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    The slashed ones are the Ts. Seemed rather obvious considering you weren't slashed, and I think you're a feeler.
    Said I'd be surprised by the list either way, didn't I? It was because colmena was slashed, and Night was not, that I felt very confused.

It's not even a slightly reasonable assumption to guess I believe in a Thinking minority.

Where does that hypothesis come from?
    It just seems to be that your standards for Thinking are very high, which obviously would mean that fewer people would qualify than if your standards were low. It seems like a little focus on Thinking values doesn't make someone a candidate for T, but a little focus on Feeling values seems to give everyone the F brand.

Also, I've seen you doubt the Thinking of plenty of Thinkers, ones that perhaps few others would doubt. On the other hand, I can't seem to recall you doubting the Feeling of any Feelers. I've never seen you insist that an F was actually a T. So, you seem to keep striking off the T population, while taking nothing from the F population.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It just seems to be that your standards for Thinking are very high, which obviously would mean that fewer people would qualify than if your standards were low. It seems like a little focus on Thinking values doesn't make someone a candidate for T, but a little focus on Feeling values seems to give everyone the F brand.

Also, I've seen you doubt the Thinking of plenty of Thinkers, ones that perhaps few others would doubt. On the other hand, I can't seem to recall you doubting the Feeling of any Feelers. I've never seen you insist that an F was actually a T. So, you seem to keep striking off the T population, while taking nothing from the F population.
    Standards? What the hell are you talking about? If it's logical, it's T.
    As for being a Thinking type, just using Fx every so often doesn't make you an F. It's not like T is some kind of elevated status that you have to be faithful to in order to be accepted into.

Your assumptions are very F-like. They really aren't backed by much logic at all. Perhaps it's because the framework you've got has limited resources (by low Ne with Ti in lieu) or perhaps it's because you are, in fact, an F.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Standards? What the hell are you talking about? If it's logical, it's T.
    I'm talking about the standard threshold, when the amount of T that a person applies is high enough to make them a so-called Thinker. With no such standard defined, how else do you determine what side of the graph someone is on?

As for being a Thinking type, just using Fx every so often doesn't make you an F. It's not like T is some kind of elevated status that you have to be faithful to in order to be accepted into.
    I don't think T is like that. The impression is given by others though. Certainly that's how BlueWing paints it. My point was that, in my observation, you are more like to draw conclusions someone's expression of Feeling than someone's expression of Thinking. This partially ties into my comment about you seeming to question the T of a lot of Thinkers, but not question the F of of Feelers. And what about that? You didn't respond to that.

Your assumptions are very F-like.
    That's nice.

They really aren't backed by much logic at all. Perhaps it's because the framework you've got has limited resources (by low Ne with Ti in lieu) or perhaps it's because you are, in fact, an F.
    You're confusing me because you don't seem to have a metric for determining a person's type, and yet, the way you approach typing(such as stating that a Feeler is someone that relies on Feeling proportionately more than Thinking) clearly requires some kind of quantifiability. But as long as you don't have a metric system, you can't measure any ratio or quantity to determine such things.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

You assume I've deemed it a worthy investment of time to elaborate.

Ah, but I am only playing.

The only rational way to measure is on a number line, where
    0 = x
    left of 0 = T
    right of 0 = F

I believe X exists. For every instance of T or F (there can be dozens of either or both in a single sentence) add one in the appropriate direction, simultaneously taking one away from the other.
    If they consistently go back and forth between the two, they're an X.

Being T means never, or rarely having your average (the number line measures just that if we were to use it) cross over into the F section.

Being F means the same, except your dot on the line would be the negative (or positive 'cause if I don't say it that way, you'll all complain of an insult) of what is necessary to be a T.

Poriferan, it's quite obnoxious that you insist that I don't hold an opinion, or don't have any metric just because I don't express it. Don't bother me with "you seem not to..."

Keep in mind -- you've said it yourself -- I'm pretty arrogant, and subsequently don't really take responsibility for providing a whole lot of justification.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The only rational way to measure is on a number line, where
    0 = x
    left of 0 = T
    right of 0 = F

I believe X exists. For every instance of T or F (there can be dozens of either or both in a single sentence) add one in the appropriate direction, simultaneously taking one away from the other.
    If they consistently go back and forth between the two, they're an X.

Being T means never, or rarely having your average (the number line measures just that if we were to use it) cross over into the F section.

Being F means the same, except your dot on the line would be the negative (or positive 'cause if I don't say it that way, you'll all complain of an insult) of what is necessary to be a T.
    This is pretty much how I imagined such a metric being designed. Of course, the problem of interpretation is a stong one here. When exactly is an instance of T or F? It's clearly not so easy to answer, since we have situations where BlueWing calls an instance of F because I said "right" and "wrong" and those have moral definitions. And I call an instance of T, because they can also mean "true" and "false" synonymously, and that's what I meant.

Poriferan, it's quite obnoxious that you insist that I don't hold an opinion, or don't have any metric just because I don't express it. Don't bother me with "you seem not to..."
    Until you express it, it is for all intents and purposes of the discussion, non-existent.

Keep in mind -- you've said it yourself -- I'm pretty arrogant, and subsequently don't really take responsibility for providing a whole lot of justification.
    Well, that's fine, so long as you're prepared to face whatever consquences that brings.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    istp

i might be a feeler... you never know. today at the poker table, i had my pocket aces beat by a 3-6 and my mouth twitched a little, i can fly off the handle like that sometimes :steam:

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    i might be a feeler... you never know. today at the poker table, i had my pocket aces beat by a 3-6 and my mouth twitched a little, i can fly off the handle like that sometimes :steam:
    That does it! We're putting a big scarlet "F" on you, you feeler! It looks just like the one I'm wearing.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    I think Sunshine has said what needed to be said.

I would like to emphasise though; Feeling is more concerned with emotion than Thinking, it is not, however, a direct result of or directly related to, emotions.

It is a thought process that values things. In that sense it is rational, added to the fact that it makes decisions.

I think I vaguely recall Jung linking feeling and emotions once, stating that feeling can often cause emotive responses in people, or some such. Other than that I've yet to see him make the link. (Emotions are instincts and archetypes according to Jung I think)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    Were you irritated that you'd been beaten or did you feel assaulted by the cards? Like they were ganging up on you -- did it feel like that?
    we fukin won boys