First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    It's funny that only Feelers ever respond to Bluewing and take him seriously about this shit. This thread proves once again.
    Magic Poriferan
    Jennifer
    Orangey
    Didums
    MetalWounds
    Night
    The Liquid Laser
    Haphazard
    Edahn
    Mr Galt
    Aerithria
    Blackwater
    Ada
    Sassafrassquatch
    Dnivera
    Nemo
    Miked277
    Grayscale
    Zergling
    Colmena
    Digesthisickness
    Uytuun
    Owl

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Rationality:
    1. the state or quality of being rational.
    2. the possession of reason.
    3. agreeableness to reason; reasonableness.
    4. the exercise of reason.
    5. a reasonable view, practice, etc.

There's a lot of reference to reason there. But let's look at rational, first.

Rational:
    1. agreeable to reason; reasonable; sensible: a rational plan for economic development.
    2. having or exercising reason, sound judgment, or good sense: a calm and rational negotiator.
    3. being in or characterized by full possession of one's reason; sane; lucid: The patient appeared perfectly rational.
    4. endowed with the faculty of reason: rational beings.
    5. of, pertaining to, or constituting reasoning powers: the rational faculty.
    6. proceeding or derived from reason or based on reasoning: a rational explanation.

All about reason again. So we have to get around to the definition of reason.

Reason:
    1. a basis or cause, as for some belief, action, fact, event, etc.: the reason for declaring war.
    2. a statement presented in justification or explanation of a belief or action.
    3. the mental powers concerned with forming conclusions, judgments, or inferences.
    4. sound judgment; good sense.
    5. normal or sound powers of mind; sanity.
    6. Logic. a premise of an argument.
    7. Philosophy.
    a. the faculty or power of acquiring intellectual knowledge, either by direct understanding of first principles or by argument.
    b. the power of intelligent and dispassionate thought, or of conduct influenced by such thought.
    c. Kantianism. the faculty by which the ideas of pure reason are created.

Except for philosophical definitions A and B, they all simply describe the process of Judgement without having a bias toward Think or against Feeling. There you go, the majority of definitions do not discount Feeling, and one definition would have been good enough.

BlueWing, I have just answered your entire thread. We can see that there is justifcation in Jung using the phrase "rational".
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Magic Poriferan
    Jennifer
    Orangey
    Didums
    MetalWounds
    Night
    The Liquid Laser
    Haphazard
    Edahn
    Mr Galt
    Aerithria
    Blackwater
    Ada
    Sassafrassquatch
    Dnivera
    Nemo
    Miked277
    Grayscale
    Zergling
    Colmena
    Digesthisickness
    Uytuun

Brava!
    I know you think I'm a Feeler, Nocapszy, but how about the rest of them?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.knowyourtype.com/feeling.html

Feeling (F)

People who have a preference for feeling judgment are concerned with whether decisions and actions are worthwhile. More personal in approach, feeling types believe they can make the best decisions by weighing what people care about and the points-of-view of persons involved in a situation.

Feeling types are concerned with personal values and with making decisions based on a ranking of greater to lesser importance—what is the best for the people involved. The feeling function places high value on relatedness between people, and feeling types are often concerned with establishing or maintaining harmony in their relationships. As they use and develop their feeling function, feeling types often come to appear caring, warm, and tactful. Remember, in type language, feeling does not mean being "emotional;" rather, it is a way of reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by dictionary.com

ra·tion·al /?ræ??nl, ?ræ?nl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rash-uh-nl, rash-nl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. agreeable to reason; reasonable; sensible: a rational plan for economic development.
    2. having or exercising reason, sound judgment, or good sense: a calm and rational negotiator.
    3. being in or characterized by full possession of one's reason; sane; lucid: The patient appeared perfectly rational.
    4. endowed with the faculty of reason: rational beings.
    5. of, pertaining to, or constituting reasoning powers: the rational faculty.
    6. proceeding or derived from reason or based on reasoning: a rational explanation.
    7. Mathematics. a. capable of being expressed exactly by a ratio of two integers.
    b. (of a function) capable of being expressed exactly by a ratio of two polynomials.

8. Classical Prosody. capable of measurement in terms of the metrical unit or mora.
    . .

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Here we go again.
    BlueWing is definitely on crusade here. lol

It's funny that only Feelers ever respond to Bluewing and take him seriously about this shit. This thread proves once again.
    We definitely want to cure him from his bad thoughts.
    lol

Love & Peace

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Awww Bluey, I still think you need a hug - from a real person.

By the way, from now on, you are Bluey for me.

I don't know - somehow Bluey should be your name. Oh, and you need to get Bun-Bun for about six months. That'll reform you.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think Sunshine has said what needed to be said.

I would like to emphasise though; Feeling is more concerned with emotion than Thinking, it is not, however, a direct result of or directly related to, emotions.

It is a thought process that values things. In that sense it is rational, added to the fact that it makes decisions.

I think I vaguely recall Jung linking feeling and emotions once, stating that feeling can often cause emotive responses in people, or some such. Other than that I've yet to see him make the link. (Emotions are instincts and archetypes according to Jung I think)

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Brava!
    I know you think I'm a Feeler, Nocapszy, but how about the rest of them?
    Was more of a temporary playful dig. Not a really serious comment. No need to worry.

I'm one to take these threads lightly. I troll because these discussions are worthless: Even if Bluewing is right (which I think he is on a good bit of it) the Fs, and even most of the Ts (pandering the Fs... probably tryin' to get some pussy y'know...) won't let him be right.

However most of the list I suspect to be feelers anyway;

Magic Poriferan
    Jennifer
    Orangey
    Didums
    MetalWounds
    Night
    The Liquid Laser
    Haphazard
    Edahn
    Mr Galt
    Aerithria
    Blackwater
    Ada

Sassafrassquatch
    Dnivera
    Nemo
    Miked277
    Grayscale
    Zergling
    Colmena

Digesthisickness
    Uytuun

Most of the strikes are because I'm not familiar enough with their analytic/emotive repertoire to be confident, however several are struck through (most notably Grayscale and Zerlgling) with conviction.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm one to take these threads lightly. I troll because these discussions are worthless: Even if Bluewing is right (which I think he is on a good bit of it) the Fs, and even most of the Ts (pandering the Fs... probably tryin' to get some pussy y'know...) won't let him be right.
    I can hardly see what the major imperative would be for pandering to Fs, since there's no real reward obtainable from other forum members.

I attack BlueWing for the obvious reasons. His definitions of the functions get muddled and crossed-over, and obviously imbalanced with a misinforming bias. He has a big tendency to misinterpret(intentionally or unintentionally) what other people mean. He likes to not respond at all to what are usually the most substantial points against him. He has, as has been very well confirmed by now, used plenty of logical fallacies, and he tends to make factual errors.

We have here this thread, where I just demonstrated that by most definitions, Feeling is rational, and Jung had perfectly good reason for using the word. I needed only to cite a dictionary. Jesus... Doesn't he look anything up? After a while, I can't help but think of "truthiness". "You got your facts from a book, but I got my facts from the heart". This reminds me... He also usually attacks qualities he demonstrates in himself as he attacks them. The most hillarious part is his attack usually states that ____ quality is irrational and thus can't reason. He discredits himself at least as fast as other people discredit him. I have no clue how you could look at the majority of this topics and think they were solidly assembled, and not grievously affected by bias.

Of course, it may just be that you think very much like he does.

However most of the list I suspect to be feelers anyway;

Magic Poriferan
    Jennifer
    Orangey
    Didums
    MetalWounds
    Night
    The Liquid Laser
    Haphazard
    Edahn
    Mr Galt
    Aerithria
    Blackwater
    Ada

Sassafrassquatch
    Dnivera
    Nemo
    Miked277
    Grayscale
    Zergling
    Colmena

Digesthisickness
    Uytuun

Most of the strikes are because I'm not familiar enough with their analytic/emotive repertoire to be confident, however several are struck through (most notably Grayscale and Zerlgling) with conviction.

Okay. Which ones are the Feelers and which ones are the Thinkers? Either way, I'm somewhat surprised by that list. I guess I'll have to attribute the surprises to your lack of knowledge about some of these users.

Can I assume that you believe Thinkers are a small minority in the world?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Okay. Which ones are the Feelers and which ones are the Thinkers? Either way, I'm somewhat surprised by that list. I guess I'll have to attribute the surprises to your lack of knowledge about some of these users.
    Any members who I don't know well enough to confidently diagnose, were crossed off. Anyone who's without a slash is indubitably a feeler (excepting Jennifer... I left her on the list 'cause she seems to go either way).

Can I assume that you believe Thinkers are a small minority in the world?
    The slashed ones are the Ts. Seemed rather obvious considering you weren't slashed, and I think you're a feeler.

It's not even a slightly reasonable assumption to guess I believe in a Thinking minority.

Where does that hypothesis come from?
    we fukin won boys