User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I guess he shouldn't have named it that way... He wants to be seen as he is seen. You know, all the great thinkers have been persecuted, so I want to be too.
    Uhmmmm.... the thread was merged by an admin (Proteanmix) and the name was changed.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    I would request the title of the thread be changed to something less jejune, something which doesn't prejudice viewers against Bluewing's viewpoint without having understood its qualifications and intricacies. Indeed, this is very much what Bluewing was fighting against.

My proposal:

"The Place of Feeling in Rational Debate"

or some such.
    If he had demonstrated it in a rational way, I would not have had such a problem with it. Really.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    <plays Die Fahne Hoch in the background - also known as the Horst Wessel Lied (Song)>

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Uhmmmm.... the thread was merged by an admin (Proteanmix) and the name was changed.
    I was talking about the original name. It was a BIT provocative...

MBTI
    ENTP

See... what nolla and Little Linguist are doing right now... this is a prime example of why the Feeling function needs to be curbed when people are involved in debate. It leads to petty jibes and barbs where only a little reasonable discursive thinking would have done. I find Proteanmix to be eminently fair and gracious, but I'm surprised that she would put such a damned-before-the-debate's-even-started title on it.

Instead of carping about how lame something is and essentially comparing Bluewing's stand to that of Nazis, which is in extremely poor taste, Little Linguist, one could have merely went with the flow of debate and made one's point. If you believe your points are so much stronger, then you should demonstrate them and get Bluewing to concede via the strength of your argument rather than making fun of him.

Name-calling and weasel-words... <sigh> the inappropriate expression of spite... it doesn't help anyone understand or grapple with the issue at hand!

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ENTP

And this title ISN'T?!?!

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Well, Nolla, let's be fair - at least he called it what it was for once: namely, an extreme solution....

Okay, fine...I shouldn't have said that...but DANG...what a statement. All feelers should be taken out of office, denied jobs, and finally be allowed to starve!!!! That's worse than what the Nazis did.

You want to call his argument rational?!?!?! I hardly think so. And if he wants to change government policies, I will rationally argue day and night with no jibes whatsoever with regard to the feasibility of certain policies, but this guy just wants to attack us. And if we ever say a word to an NT, all of a sudden the panzers come out and there's talk of inappropriate conduct.

It's totally unfair, unrealistic, and uncalled for. <takes some deep breaths>

I asked him to be more rational. I asked him to be more specific. I asked him to give me examples and logical and rational policies and all I got was, "LET THEM STARVE"?!?!?!?!

Okay, I agree - this title may also be provocative and immature, but I think some balance needs to be found. This BlueWing character needs to learn to argue in a mature fashion; I should have been more mature as well and not let this <beeep> affect me, but dang!!! He drives folks to drink.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

If you believe your points are so much stronger, then you should demonstrate them and get Bluewing to concede via the strength of your argument rather than making fun of him.
    Well, as I mentioned, last time he made a thread like this, I took it seriously and had no assumptions of him. He ignored me. I don't know if that was because of him not being able to reply or me not being able to make my point. Now, as I see him talking about the same stuff again, do you think that I want to spend an hour making an understandable post as I know that if he feels like not taking my words into consideration, he will just ignore them? He has shown me that he is not interested in debate, he is interested only in his point of view.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sunshine. Stop deleting all of your posts!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTj

Seconded. It's silly.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight