User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    I am not interested in bashing Blue wing. I am more interested in understanding his viewpoint.
    What about bashing him? Did you check the link? It was a thread started by BlueWing, where he stated that E, S, and F were primitive and beastial, where as I, N, and T were advanced and sapient. It answers your question you had for him. Apparently, he thinks that prior to the advancements you spoke of, there really were less or no Thinkers.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    Woah. Bluewing coming at us hard. I don't think I complete appreciate it...lol
    We taste like candy. They're jealous.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    I think she meant that it wouldn't 'work out fine' if we were all NTs
    I know what she meant. She was disagreeing... it's pretty damned simple.

Regardless, her reaction only furthers BW's point.

It would work out fine, because as bitter as everything may be, we wouldn't be bothered by it. We'd just continually be screwing each other back and forth. Pretty much like it is now, except we wouldn't put on pretend smiles and neck-ties when we did it.

But then, I guess CC doesn't really care that no one would be bothered. She assumes these morals are universal, and to break any of them regardless of temperament is just wrong.

Again, proving BW's point.
    we fukin won boys

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    It would work out fine, because as bitter as everything may be, we wouldn't be bothered by it. We'd just continually be screwing each other back and forth. Pretty much like it is now, except we wouldn't put on pretend smiles and neck-ties when we did it.
    The absence of Feeling would mean that nothing would be "fine". It takes Feeling to see something as fine, as well as to motivate people. So you're describing a group of people lacking Feeling in a sense that they won't feel guilty or violated, but possesing Feeling in that they would reflect on things being "fine" and have the motivation to "screw each other". That seems like a rather specific breed you've got there.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Thats y i am asking if Bluewing experience those emotions also....

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Yes please. Fallacy is an error in reasoning. You need to study formal logic to make sure you know what this term means in the vernacular.

Its okay my friend. When I was your age I too used to get mad at that kind of a thing too. I tried to find reasons to believe that the not so flattering ideas about people that I hold now (perhaps not as sophisticated and thorough) were false. As I aged, I realized this was a futile endeavor. Hey, give it another 5 years...you'll be closer to my views in attitude at least.

You seem to be way ahead of me actually. Even at 19 when I just joined INTPc I wrote a long post countering Hustler's proclamation that INTP is the superior type to all. And during his NF purge on INTPc I tried to help the oppressed. Meh...eventually I was forced to admit that he was right all along. I was just trying to give myself excuses to dream. (You seem to be doing what I did at 19 at 16...you're getting yourself on the path to beating this out of your system earlier!)

I love the youthful vigor and charity, very rare thing in the mutilated world we live in, especially for an INTP. I earnestly hope you could keep this up. But I doubt you will be able to. Its just too counter-intuitive! And the loss of faith in human goodness is an inevitable result of going out to the world to experience it directly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

But here of course we're talking about an attitude. Completely irrelevant to my post. But VERY interesting indeed.
    Sometimes really grumpy people are more happy to satisfy a self-fulfilling prohpecy than to actually improve thier lives and the lives of others.

You dissapoint me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

BW, as long as you change "NFs" to "people that don't clearly reason through the ideas they crusade for", i agree.

my mother is ISTJ and she acts much more like your discription than most of the NFs i know, which is actually BECAUSE she's less in control of F and N.

NFs that are at all mature learn to augment their feeling with thinking and their intuition with sensing. an NF will naturally go through this process as it makes their primary functions stronger.

honestly, though, i'd argue that feeling is more in tune with the human experience than thinking. if you give me the starting point -- the philisophical stance that nothing means anything, we may as well pursue our own happiness. we consciously check that by using F. of course, we must use T to consciously strategize. but being out of tune with F will cause the person to base their strategies on an inaccurate understanding of their own values.

i agree that it is important to fully work through F ideas with T before implementation. but it is also important to fully work through T ideas with F in the same way -- if a T starts acting out something that F isn't in line with, it will create cognitive dissonance, which just creates more work...

so i'd argue that judging in general must be used a lot before action.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    BW, as long as you change "NFs" to "people that don't clearly reason through the ideas they crusade for", i agree.

my mother is ISTJ and she acts much more like your discription than most of the NFs i know, which is actually BECAUSE she's less in control of F and N.

NFs that are at all mature learn to augment their feeling with thinking and their intuition with sensing. an NF will naturally go through this process as it makes their primary functions stronger.

honestly, though, i'd argue that feeling is more in tune with the human experience than thinking. if you give me the starting point -- the philisophical stance that nothing means anything, we may as well pursue our own happiness. we consciously check that by using F. of course, we must use T to consciously strategize. but being out of tune with F will cause the person to base their strategies on an inaccurate understanding of their own values.

i agree that it is important to fully work through F ideas with T before implementation. but it is also important to fully work through T ideas with F in the same way -- if a T starts acting out something that F isn't in line with, it will create cognitive dissonance, which just creates more work...

so i'd argue that judging in general must be used a lot before action.

Thoughtless ISTJs would never go as far as thoughtless NFs as they just lack the imagination.

Now, an NF without Thinking, that is truly scary. As they can convince themselves that all of their fancies are good and true regardless of how unreasonable. And because their emotional nature convinces them that they are in tune with how all people feel as well as prompts them to act, they shall waste no time crusading their vision onto the whole world.

We will never be lacking Feeling alright, even the most hardcore of Thinker will have enough F in them to achieve the results you speak of. Emotions are like appetites, we all will be forced to indulge in them sooner or later. The main question is how to restrain them. That is the problem for all of us, even the most restrained by psychic constitution.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    enfp

Now, an NF without Thinking, that is truly scary.
    Im more scared of the Terminator, than Barney or Mr. Rogers. LOL

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Thoughtless ISTJs would never go as far as thoughtless NFs as they just lack the imagination.

Now, an NF without Thinking, that is truly scary. As they can convince themselves that all of their fancies are good and true regardless of how unreasonable. And because their emotional nature convinces them that they are in tune with how all people feel as well as prompts them to act, they shall waste no time crusading their vision onto the whole world.

We will never be lacking Feeling alright, even the most hardcore of Thinker will have enough F in them to achieve the results you speak of. Emotions are like appetites, we all will be forced to indulge in them sooner or later. The main question is how to restrain them. That is the problem for all of us, even the most restrained by psychic constitution.
    By the way, I was not bashing you...I agree NF without thinking is DAMNED scary - about as scary as an NT without feeling. To insinuate that there can be an NF without T but no NT without F is purely illogical. Period.

:-) You need some NF in your life, Bluey....Sorry, but you do. And by George, it ain't my job, thank gosh, but make sure you find some.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.