• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Ne, At Its Inward-turning Worst, Follows Ni Leadership.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When the ego loses faith in Ne as a positive function, it turns inwards and becomes more Ni-seeming. But it is not the same as Ni which invents nothing from itself, leaving an empty hole where creativity should exist. So the ego turns to external Ni authority to provide the creative, impersonal subjective perceptions it lacks.

For example, Ne bent inwards turns toward: Ayn Rand, Carl Jung, Ray Kurzweil, Immanuel Kant, and a host of other intellectuals in its quest to fill the emptiness which used to be filled with Ne ideations and creations. (The 'host of intellectuals' doesn't have to contain all Ni-dominants, but they often are in my experience.) These intellectuals provide novel, genius-derived axioms from which the Ti (or other) dominant derives a sense of purpose. (But since this purpose doesn't come from within, it is a false sense of purpose.) These axioms thus form the groundwork for the Ti's entire intellectual life, even becoming conflated with life itself.

The INFP has a similar inward Ne-bent, but the "heroes" for the INFP are very different. Instead of the likes of Immanuel Kant, the INFP is attracted to the likes of such Romantic authors/thinkers as Schopenhauer, Dostoevsky, Shakespeare, and Goethe.

Edit: based in personal conversation I had with an INFP, add Hegel to that list of Ni-dom Romantic thinkers.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WTF is so FUNNY? You know who you are.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone. And then I'm gonna show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm gonna show them the world. Without you. A world without rules and controls..." [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION]

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Dear Mal12345,

What can I do to maximize my chances of becoming an INFP's hero? Preferably a reasonably hot INFP.

Although I've never published a romantic novel or book of philosophy, I've made almost 25,000 posts at INTJforum.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Your pal,
reckful

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear Mal12345,

What can I do to maximize my chances of becoming an INFP's hero? Preferably a reasonably hot INFP.

Although I've never published a romantic novel or book of philosophy, I've made almost 25,000 posts at INTJforum.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Your pal,
reckful

INFP male or female?

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...this is probably a bad time to say that I like Kant.

Hm.

This could have some relevance for me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...this is probably a bad time to say that I like Kant.

Hm.

This could have some relevance for me.

Maybe so, if you're about following Kant and not just liking Kant. I went through my Rand phase and my Kant obsession. I wouldn't say I was a Kant follower per se, I just wanted to make his axioms my own.

If you're one of the Perceiving types with a bit of OCD, then you're likely seeing the influence of either an inverted auxiliary type or a tertiary.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs tend to dislike Hegel, based on my conversations with INFPs on an INFP forum and in PMs. Fellow INFP Kierkegaard gets a lot more attention than he is given outside of INFP circles - much preferred to Hegel. Also Shakespeare is INFP. INFPs like other INFPs for inspiration, basically, and after that, NFs, FPs and NPs.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Kant was a Kant, from a long line of Kants but only he could be called the greatest Kant.

What a Kant.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wtf even is this thread? You Ne people are crazy.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs tend to dislike Hegel, based on my conversations with INFPs on an INFP forum and in PMs. Fellow INFP Kierkegaard gets a lot more attention than he is given outside of INFP circles - much preferred to Hegel. Also Shakespeare is INFP. INFPs like other INFPs for inspiration, basically, and after that, NFs, FPs and NPs.

That's good to know about Hegel.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
If Ne bends inward enough to curve around and be bending back outwards again, is it really bending outwards at that point or is it really more of a hyper-extension of the bending inwards?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If Ne bends inward enough to curve around and be bending back outwards again, is it really bending outwards at that point or is it really more of a hyper-extension of the bending inwards?

I'm really not into speculative theories at the moment. Thanks for asking, though. :)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
No one has ever proven that this spectral entity known as Ni, actually exits. But it sure provides a lot of material for internet omphaloskepsis.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
And what happens if you bend forwards? :thinking:

Jaguar

No one has ever proven that this spectral entity known as Ni, actually exits.

Of course it exists. And it can do jumping jacks as well as bend in 27 different directions. It simply must be true if it's posted in this forum!