MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Ne Bending Inwards

Re: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...repancies.html

When Ne bends inwards it becomes more like Ni in the darker sense. When this occurs, Ne optimism turns into pessimism about life and the future in general. Ne bent inwards is a depressive function. It is the source of Schizotypal personality disorder from which the INTP seems to suffer more than any other type.

Ne bent inwards, I submit, is the source of INFP Stephen King's horror novels.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

What would Se "bent inward" look like?
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    What would Se "bent inward" look like?
    Since certain trolls on this forum are giving me guff about the phrase 'bent inward,' I've changed it to "introverted," a term everybody is already comfortable with.

When Se-aux introverts it becomes like Si. Se is an expansive function, it seeks outwardly for more real-world experiences. When introverted, Se becomes satisfied with what it has already achieved, it no longer seeks more comfort, more fun, more pleasure, more experience, but instead, reflects with pleasure on what it already has.
    Likes senza tema liked this post

So how come Ne-aux is totally depressing and Se-aux is happy and content and zen? Wouldn't "Ne turned inward" develop the same kind of satisfaction and contentment with the ideas already present in the environment and develop some kind of tranquil, self-aware appreciation of those things instead of insatiably seeking more?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Since certain trolls on this forum are giving me guff about the phrase 'bent inward,' I've changed it to "introverted," a term everybody is already comfortable with.

When Se-aux introverts it becomes like Si. Se is an expansive function, it seeks outwardly for more real-world experiences. When introverted, Se becomes satisfied with what it has already achieved, it no longer seeks more comfort, more fun, more pleasure, more experience, but instead, reflects with pleasure on what it already has.
    My isfp friend who introverted too much was moody, contemplative, and definitely not happy. She was consumed with selfish and sinful fantasies.

That's just been my limited experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    So how come Ne-aux is totally depressing and Se-aux is happy and content and zen? Wouldn't "Ne turned inward" develop the same kind of satisfaction and contentment with the ideas already present in the environment and develop some kind of tranquil, self-aware appreciation of those things instead of insatiably seeking more?
    If the Ne turned inward was balanced by enough other extraverted functions. It's all about balance.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I understand your question to be, why is Se-aux introverted more comfortable while Ne-aux introverted is less comfortable? Why does Ne-aux introvert to become dark, brooding, mysterious, and uncomfortable with reality, whereas Se introverted is more reflective and comfortable with itself?

Because Ne is a different kind of function from Se in terms of motivation. Ne is a theoretical and creative function. Se escapes from reality into actualizing subjective fantasies. When Ne is flipped on its head, it becomes a dark, brooding, and negative escape from reality. When Se is flipped on its head, it becomes satisfied with what it has and doesn't seek more and more never-ending attempts to fill the emptiness growing inside.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    My isfp friend who introverted too much was moody, contemplative, and definitely not happy. She was consumed with selfish and sinful fantasies.

That's just been my limited experience.
    That's just Se in general, although as more of a slave to Fi in this case there will be internal conflict regarding those Se-aux fantasies. Se-aux wants to slip into fantasy, Fi-dom wants to pull Se back. This may lead to the ISFP becoming frozen with indecision at times, as in the 'angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other' scenario.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Ne bent inwards is a depressive function. It is the source of Schizotypal personality disorder from which the INTP seems to suffer more than any other type.
    What do you base this statement on? Because honestly, it seems more like lack of Fe: "Over time, children learn to interpret social cues and respond appropriately but for unknown reasons this process does not work well for people with this disorder." -wiki

Ofc there are some paranoid/etc components with schizotypal, but the source of them is from external world(NeFe not working correctly) and then these "behind the scenes" things perceived in external world(Ne) is rationalized(Ti) with faulty logic, or perhaps the logic is correct, but it follows what dysfunctional NeFe say.

So yes it involves some Ne and introversion, but the introversion comes from thinking, not intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    That sounds more right because ISFPs introverted functions are NiFi. I dont think i would be far from the truth if i guessed that these "sinful fantasies" revolved around sensory pleasures(sexual or stuff like act of killing someone etc)?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    What do you base this statement on? Because honestly, it seems more like lack of Fe: "Over time, children learn to interpret social cues and respond appropriately but for unknown reasons this process does not work well for people with this disorder." -wiki

Ofc there are some paranoid/etc components with schizotypal, but the source of them is from external world(NeFe not working correctly) and then these "behind the scenes" things perceived in external world(Ne) is rationalized(Ti) with faulty logic, or perhaps the logic is correct, but it follows what dysfunctional NeFe say.

So yes it involves some Ne and introversion, but the introversion comes from thinking, not intuition.

That sounds more right because ISFPs introverted functions are NiFi. I dont think i would be far from the truth if i guessed that these "sinful fantasies" revolved around sensory pleasures(sexual or stuff like act of killing someone etc)?

Killing? no. Not isfp females. Unless the are really psycho. That's more an NT thang i'd guess.

Ni and Fi are everyone's introverted functions. I assert that you can be slightly reasonably sure of someone's dominant and aux functions, but by the time they are developing their tert function, etc., they are getting to be teenagers or at least 10-ish. And life intervenes here, influencing those other functions. In short, there can be no set line-up per type, though there might be patterns, yes. There are always patterns and averages.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

It's not the paranoia, or perhaps it could be. But I'm specifically talking about this:

Schizotypal Personality Disorder Symptoms | Psych Central
    "People with this disorder may be unusually superstitious or preoccupied with paranormal phenomena that are outside the norms of their subculture."