User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Now that you mention it, what *are* those red marks all over your avatar's face? (@grey_beard prepares remote intra-atmospheric optic probe...)
    Those red marks are Huh? Marks. They are there to make people say "Huh? wonder what those are."
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    No, no, no...no. No. Not even. No. Or maybe yes, if by "happier" you are referring strictly to presentation as opposed to internal experience.

Many extroverts have spent a lifetime being somewhat "forced" into formal and informal leadership positions and subsequently...many feel a strong sense of responsibility to others/the group. They will frequently sacrifice what they truly want...they will minimize their own needs for the sake of others...and often fall into the habit of presenting with a positive facade...while falling apart on the inside from neglect.

ENFJs top the ^^"that kind of extrovert" list.

I've seen a bunch of psychological studies that suggest extroverts are happier. Also, this Keirsey one: http://keirsey.files.wordpress.com/2...rvey_graph.gif

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    I've seen a bunch of psychological studies that suggest extroverts are happier. Also, this Keirsey one: http://keirsey.files.wordpress.com/2...rvey_graph.gif
    Well, I've seen a bunch of scientific studies that say otherwise.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

No contest. ISTP.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

If I had a strong desire to be seen as the person in the *right* I would read each of these studies... figure out who funded them and why. Contemplate the research methods...how the data was collected, what indicators were used, etc. and share here whether or not I feel happiness is (was) what is truly being measured. Likewise, if I cared enough about this I would seek out alternative studies (I've seen quite a few that find the determining factor to pivot along Sensor and iNtuitive lines...) But to this day I find much of what can be accessed on the internet without paying to be what is called "commerical" or 'pop" science. In other words, I worked in an academic science division for several years and have hoarded many journals...articles that I have never been able to find on the internet and just don't feel interested enough to dust them off and get the info to you.

My only aim here was to counter what was said with what I know to be true. People will come to their own conclusions accordingly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    What does it mean to be happy?

Perhaps extraverts and introverts just find happiness in different forms.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

That's true, but it makes sense to me that extroverts overall experience positive emotions more often than other types. The extroverts I know are generally less depressive than the introverts I know.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

So I read this curious book called The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places in the World.

It wasn't much of a self-help book, per se, but you could glean some. It was mostly about the author's (unhappy author's) search around the globe studying different cultures and how they see happiness. It varies indeed.

But the interesting thing was this think tank/happiness laboratory in Holland called the World Database of Happiness. No joke.

And the researchers there discovered a method of determining a person's happiness that was surprisingly accurate. Certain brain centers are more active in happy people, plus other scientific indicators to compare.

But the main method was this: They simply asked if the person was happy or not.

I thought about it and it made total sense to me. I'm about to pass out, so that's all I got for now. I haven't done any research on extroverts vs. introverts and possible correlating happiness levels, so I can't speak to that at the moment, but I thought that their method for determining one's happiness was interesting.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes lulabelle liked this post