User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Je-doms and Paranoia

I've perused a few threads on type and paranoia and the Je-doms are seldom, if ever, mentioned. On the one hand, this is not surprising since Je are rational functions that closely reflect social norms and are thereby reinforced--it's hard to be paranoid when you believe the same things most other people do. On the other hand, Je-doms do have irrational auxiliary functions (Ni and Si) which are often connected to paranoia in Pi-doms; so one might expect the influence of these functions to produce some form of paranoia.

What is your experience with paranoia in Je-doms? How do you compare it to paranoia in Pi-doms? Or in other types? And how do Je-doms respond to their paranoia and how does this differ from the response of Pi-doms and of other types?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Overall, I don't consider myself a paranoid person. I do have problems with uncertainty, but that's it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes doppelganger liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
    I've perused a few threads on type and paranoia and the Je-doms are seldom, if ever, mentioned. On the one hand, this is not surprising since Je are rational functions that closely reflect social norms and are thereby reinforced--it's hard to be paranoid when you believe the same things most other people do. On the other hand, Je-doms do have irrational auxiliary functions (Ni and Si) which are often connected to paranoia in Pi-doms; so one might expect the influence of these functions to produce some form of paranoia.

What is your experience with paranoia in Je-doms? How do you compare it to paranoia in Pi-doms? Or in other types? And how do Je-doms respond to their paranoia and how does this differ from the response of Pi-doms and of other types?
    I am rather interested in paranoia. I have met paranoia in those suffering from diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia.

At first I thought paranoia was psychological preparation to attack, but have recently come to see it is more sophisticated.

The person suffering from paranoia believes they are under attack while those around them do not believe they are under attack. So the person suffering from paranoia seeks to provoke an attack to prove their paranoia is real.

And the person suffering from paranoia is uncannily brilliant at provoking an attack and so validating their own paranoia. "See, I was right", they say.

We have the perfect example in Canberra where a person suffering from paranoid schizophrenia provoked the police to attack him and put him in jail for twenty years even though he was innocent.

Paranoia is as deep and powerful trance which is used to entrance those around the paranoid. And under the influence of this induced trance we attack the paranoid and so validate their paranoia.

Babies and children need to be validated by their parents in order to survive. And all during our lives we seek to be validated by those around us. So the worst suffering of those suffering from paranoia is not being validated by those around them, and in fact being invalidated.

And when we are invalidated our survival instinct is aroused, and we become brilliant in getting ourselves validated, even if it means provoking attack in the case of the paranoid.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I think it comes from the aux and that those with Pi dominance are, at normal levels of health, more paranoid.

:2cents:
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

My wife is an ENFJ, and she does like to check and double check things. She also has issues with stuff that just don't bother me; for example, it really irks her if people catch a glimpse of her leaving or entering the house / car, etc. Call her paranoid, however, and she'll flip a shit.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pmj85 View Post
    My wife is an ENFJ, and she does like to check and double check things. She also has issues with stuff that just don't bother me; for example, it really irks her if people catch a glimpse of her leaving or entering the house / car, etc. Call her paranoid, however, and she'll flip a shit.
    That could be a woman feeling vulnerable. It's a not type related thing that women unfortunately experience in this world.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I am rather interested in paranoia. I have met paranoia in those suffering from diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia.

At first I thought paranoia was psychological preparation to attack, but have recently come to see it is more sophisticated.

The person suffering from paranoia believes they are under attack while those around them do not believe they are under attack. So the person suffering from paranoia seeks to provoke an attack to prove their paranoia is real.

And the person suffering from paranoia is uncannily brilliant at provoking an attack and so validating their own paranoia. "See, I was right", they say.

We have the perfect example in Canberra where a person suffering from paranoid schizophrenia provoked the police to attack him and put him in jail for twenty years even though he was innocent.

Paranoia is as deep and powerful trance which is used to entrance those around the paranoid. And under the influence of this induced trance we attack the paranoid and so validate their paranoia.

Babies and children need to be validated by their parents in order to survive. And all during our lives we seek to be validated by those around us. So the worst suffering of those suffering from paranoia is not being validated by those around them, and in fact being invalidated.

And when we are invalidated our survival instinct is aroused, and we become brilliant in getting ourselves validated, even if it means provoking attack in the case of the paranoid.
    Paranoid schizophrenia is a diagnosed disorder. I meant paranoia as a personality trait. Do you see similarities between the two? For example, do ppl with the trait also seek validation, and in the same ways? Do you think some types (or cognitive functions) are more disposed to paranoia as a trait? Do you think ppl with the trait are more disposed to have the disorder? And do different types seek validation of their paranoia in different ways?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Overall, I don't consider myself a paranoid person. I do have problems with uncertainty, but that's it.
    What kinds of "problems with uncertainty"? As an ENFJ you have a good understanding of people. What are your observations of paranoia in others?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Pi doms are often paranoid because they do very little information gathering (Ne/Se), and make grand conclusions from very little information. So any negative ideas are seldom defeated unless a strong Pe user criticises the idea.

Je doms don't have half this problem, because they have more of a balance between Pi and Pe.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: ILI-Ni
    Enneagram: 1w2, 5w6, 2w3 sx, sp, so

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilation View Post
    Pi doms are often paranoid because they do very little information gathering (Ne/Se), and make grand conclusions from very little information. So any negative ideas are seldom defeated unless a strong Pe user criticises the idea.

Je doms don't have half this problem, because they have more of a balance between Pi and Pe.
    Pi-doms have Je aux functions. Why don't these extroverted fcns act more as a reality check for their Pi? Or is the paranoia a sign of an unhealthy imbalance between their dom and aux fcns?

And Pe is farther down Je-doms' cognitive stacks than Pi-doms', so isn't it the dom Je fncs that provide an extroverted focus to Je-doms that make them less prone to paranoid traits?