First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
    Pi-doms have Je aux functions. Why don't these extroverted fcns act more as a reality check for their Pi? Or is the paranoia a sign of an unhealthy imbalance between their dom and aux fcns?
    Countering paranoia is going to take evidence against the paranoid delusions. Ji doms will see the evidence due to strong Pe, and likely miss its significance it due to weak Je. Pi doms won't see the evidence, but also wouldn't dismiss it due to strong Je.

I don't like being a Pi dom, because we make a lot of assumptions. The weaknesses of being a Pi dom were made explicitly clear when spending a lot of time with an ISFJ and then reflecting. ISFJs and INTJs read into absolutely everything and can be utterly wrong about it all.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: ILI-Ni
    Enneagram: 1w2, 5w6, 2w3 sx, sp, so

Quote Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
    Paranoid schizophrenia is a diagnosed disorder. I meant paranoia as a personality trait. Do you see similarities between the two? For example, do ppl with the trait also seek validation, and in the same ways? Do you think some types (or cognitive functions) are more disposed to paranoia as a trait? Do you think ppl with the trait are more disposed to have the disorder? And do different types seek validation of their paranoia in different ways?
    I don't see paranoia as a personality trait, rather I see paranoia as a mental illness.

Of course narcissists like to flatter themselves by inflating normal suspicion into paranoia.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I am paranoid, but this is to do with general insecurities and anxieties and is just basically unhealthy for me and anyone around me.

If I were to place it to a function, then Pi would be far more forthcoming alongside inferior triggers and blindspots when it comes to paranoia.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I am paranoid, but this is to do with general insecurities and anxieties and is just basically unhealthy for me and anyone around me.

If I were to place it to a function, then Pi would be far more forthcoming alongside inferior triggers and blindspots when it comes to paranoia.
    If you were actually paranoid, you would not be able to say you are paranoid.

In fact your 'paranoia' is a fancy.

You fancy you are paranoid, and you fancy it so much, you tell us all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    If you were actually paranoid, you would not be able to say you are paranoid.

In fact your 'paranoia' is a fancy.

You fancy you are paranoid, and you fancy it so much, you tell us all about it.
    So the quality of paranoia is not knowing you are. So perhaps I am paranoid about being paranoid. It's not a fancy, more an observation.

Bravo!

Does this go for other issues or just paranoia?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    So the quality of paranoia is not knowing you are. So perhaps I am paranoid about being paranoid. It's not a fancy, more an observation.

Bravo!

Does this go for other issues or just paranoia?
    The person suffering from paranoia has a belief not shared by those around them. And any attempt to change the paranoid belief is experienced by the paranoid as proof that their belief is true.

So the last thing a person suffering from paranoia will say is, "I am paranoid".

The paranoid person will deny they are paranoid, and see any attempt to show they are paranoid as proof their paranoid beliefs are true.

So paranoia is a self validating trance loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The person suffering from paranoia has a belief not shared by those around them. And any attempt to change the paranoid belief is experienced by the paranoid as proof that their belief is true.

So the last thing a person suffering from paranoia will say is, "I am paranoid".

The paranoid person will deny they are paranoid, and see any attempt to show they are paranoid as proof their paranoid beliefs are true.

So paranoia is a self validating trance loop.
    Huh now isn't that an interesting thought, I'm getting an irony erection from you today Victor.

Any attempt to change the beliefs results in the paranoid person more convinced of their truth....

I....hmmm I'm looking at you and there is a frazzle of a thought, but I just can't connect the dots.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by pmj85 View Post
    My wife is an ENFJ, and she does like to check and double check things. She also has issues with stuff that just don't bother me; for example, it really irks her if people catch a glimpse of her leaving or entering the house / car, etc. Call her paranoid, however, and she'll flip a shit.
    Even neighbors/people she knows? If my ENFJ had issues with this, he'd be flipping out daily so I'm happy he just waves or chit chats or whatever.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't think paranoia is a Je trait cuz I spent most of my life being paranoid. And I don't think I'm a J, maybe I am. but I don't think it's type related
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so