User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does your voice match your type?

20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

8 40.00%
  • Ehh, close enough

8 40.00%
  • Not even sort of

4 20.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your voice match your type?

3w2 so/sp

Yeah, I would say so. I have fairly bright sounding voice with a lot of intonation. It's also generally fairly loud...
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2

7w8 sx/sp

No idea. People say I talk like a stoner. I guess that's ENTP, so, sure.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

I think so.

I am pretty soft-spoken and I tend to talk very slowly with lots of pauses in between. I have this tendency to use "um" a lot in my speech.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

My voice matches Enneagram type 9, but I'm not sure what kind of voice an INFJ would have. I just had a banker tell me my voice sounds like Tia Leoni, which I consider to be a compliment. She's a kinda droopy gal too.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Symbolic Herald Array

You tell me (#s 114 & 115)
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

729 sx/sp
    IEE Ne

thanks for linking that @Nicodemus. i remember that chart from before, but this thread really needed some definition of what it even meant to have your voice match your type.

yeah, i really do think Ne-Fi-Te covers the spectrum of my vocal patterns pretty well. i sometimes try to "put on" an Fe tone. but it's like at work or something when i feel like i need to be in this customer service mode. maybe upon interacting with someone who i feel is apprehensive i'd bust it out too. warmth is the key. i think i naturally take a very genuine tone, but it can be more passionate than warm.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

I have a radio voice. For someone to match it to a type would be nothing more than an exercise in stereotyping.
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    thanks for linking that @Nicodemus. i remember that chart from before, but this thread really needed some definition of what it even meant to have your voice match your type.
    Unfortunately, it is a rather poor definition. Although... what can you really hope for with this topic?

What is an istp supposed to sound like. I have been told I have a semi deep sexy voice. Even more so over the phone. I don't know if it matches me.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    2w3 sx/so
    yolo Ni

I heard people tell me that my voice is very clear (I must admit I'm one of the few people I know who likes to hear recordings of their own voice, it really does sounds pleasant), but I've also been accused of speaking to fast. I've also been told that I tend to forget to pronounce the letter T quite often when it's placed at the end of a word or a syllable, but I think that's more of an accent thing. Most of the kids in my elementary school forgot the T as well when pronouncing certain words. But the thing is, I don't know if that's what an ESFP is supposed to sound like. If they're supposed to be loud, I can confirm that I in fact do sound like one. But in case we're supposed to sound like Valley Girls or talking chickens, I'm afraid I probably sound like something else.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si