First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    With INTJs thinking goes outwards, intuition on the other hand "bends" the whole of process inwards. This "bending inwards" thing i think you were looking for the word abstraction, thats a process of introversion, Te does not do that, Ni on the other hand can abstract using information derived from Te.
    I just noticed something else wrong with this. Ni does not abstract information, it is merely picky about the information which is conceptual in nature. (Or perhaps that's what you meant.) Ni has a narrow, laser-like focus that notices only the information which is interesting conceptually.

That's not to say that Ni is blind to all else, the other information simply doesn't serve its conceptual purpose or mind-set. That's why you will see Ni-dominants who seem to have their feet in two different worlds and come across as somewhat (or very) aloof. Their dour expressions and narrow outlooks seem to vaguely notice your existence which is diminished as of less importance than something indefinite and less concrete.

This is also the case with Si-dominants, although their subjective interests are of a more concrete nature than that of the Ni-dominants. So you will also feel your existence diminished by the Si-dominants with their narrow, subjective interests when they don't include you in their plans.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

For those who like to watch Family Guy, Stewie is a great example of an Ni-dominant who only takes an interest in those things that further the narrow goals of defeating mommy and ruling the world. In the first episodes, Stewie treated Brian (the family dog) as on the same diminished and contemptuous level as the rest of the family. But later in the series Stewie discovered that Brian can be useful in helping him accomplish his goals (although Brian is rather ambiguous about his role in all this), and thereafter Brian always accompanied Stewie on his adventures - although there still remained a modicum of contempt for the family dog.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I just noticed something else wrong with this. Ni does not abstract information, it is merely picky about the information which is conceptual in nature. (Or perhaps that's what you meant.) Ni has a narrow, laser-like focus that notices only the information which is interesting conceptually.

That's not to say that Ni is blind to all else, the other information simply doesn't serve its conceptual purpose or mind-set. That's why you will see Ni-dominants who seem to have their feet in two different worlds and come across as somewhat (or very) aloof. Their dour expressions and narrow outlooks seem to vaguely notice your existence which is diminished as of less importance than something indefinite and less concrete.

This is also the case with Si-dominants, although their subjective interests are of a more concrete nature than that of the Ni-dominants. So you will also feel your existence diminished by the Si-dominants with their narrow, subjective interests when they don't include you in their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/a/
    Abstraction
    A form of mental activity by which a conscious content is freed from its association with irrelevant elements, similar to the process of differentiation. (Compare empathy.)

Abstraction is an activity pertaining to the psychological functions in general. There is an abstract thinking, just as there is abstract feeling, sensation, and intuition. Abstract thinking singles out the rational, logical qualities of a given content from its intellectually irrelevant components. Abstract feeling does the same with a content characterized by its feeling-values . . . . Abstract sensation would be aesthetic as opposed to sensuous sensation, and abstract intuition would be symbolic as opposed to fantastic intuition.["Definitions," CW 6, par. 678.]

Jung related abstraction to introversion (analogous to empathy and extraversion).

I visualize the process of abstraction as a withdrawal of libido from the object, as a backflow of value from the object into a subjective, abstract content. For me, therefore, abstraction amounts to an energic devaluation of the object. In other words, abstraction is an introverting movement of libido.[Ibid., par. 679.]

To the extent that its purpose is to break the object’s hold on the subject, abstraction is an attempt to rise above the primitive state of participation mystique.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

.."I visualize the process of abstraction as a withdrawal of libido from the object,"
    How did Jung visualize this?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

How did Jung visualize this?
    ask him, or read some of his books
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

With INTJs thinking goes outwards, intuition on the other hand "bends" the whole of process inwards. This "bending inwards" thing i think you were looking for the word abstraction, thats a process of introversion, Te does not do that, Ni on the other hand can abstract using information derived from Te.
    If that last post describes what you meant by the term "abstract," it doesn't explain what you mean when Ni abstracts information derived from Te.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

How does "introverting movement of libido" relate to psychological types?

- - - Updated - - -

ask him, or read some of his books
    Ask him? Or read some of his books? I'm asking you.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

As I thought, you don't know the answers so you want me to do all the researching for you.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Since this thread is ("supposed to be") about discrepancies - that is, experiential discrepancies I've observed among actual people, such as types of people that aren't "supposed to be" mystical according to JCF yet have a certain unexplained bent in that direction - it is limited to those experiences. My attempt to systematize is therefore limited to my experiences with people, which means I must also know their MBTI types. This is how the systematization would look if I had the ability to back up everything in the system based on my experiences:

INTP/INFP - Ne bent inwards, lending a mystical Ni bent to their personalities.
    ISTP/ISFP - Se bent inwards, lending a mythological/symbolical Si bent to their personalities.
    ISFJ/INFJ - Fe bent inwards, lending a feeling-valuing Fi bent to their personalities.
    ISTJ/INTJ - Te bent inwards, lending an intellectual/abstracting bent to their personalities.
    ENTP/ESTP - Ti bent outwards, lending an object-oriented Te bent to their personalities.
    ENTJ/ENFJ - Ni bent outwards, lending a playfully conceptual Ne bent to their personalities.
    ESTJ/ESFJ - Si bent outwards, lending an experience-seeking Se bent to their personalities.
    ENFP/ESFP - Fi bent outwards, lending a people-valuing Fe bent to their personalities.
    Likes senza tema liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That was my 10,000th post to this forum.