User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    All I'm saying is that, for example, your auxiliary Te bends inward, in towards the psyche and away from the external, to become more like Ti, bringing structure to the internal realm of ideas and intuitions.
    With INTJs thinking goes outwards, intuition on the other hand "bends" the whole of process inwards. This "bending inwards" thing i think you were looking for the word abstraction, thats a process of introversion, Te does not do that, Ni on the other hand can abstract using information derived from Te.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    With INTJs thinking goes outwards, intuition on the other hand "bends" the whole of process inwards. This "bending inwards" thing i think you were looking for the word abstraction, thats a process of introversion, Te does not do that, Ni on the other hand can abstract using information derived from Te.
    Te is not a source of information, but of judgments.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Te is not a source of information, but of judgments.
    it creates information by evaluating what something is, so yes it is a source of information
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

it creates information by evaluating what something is, so yes it is a source of information
    I knew you were going to say that.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Although what you say seems to be an obvious, even trivial, counter-argument, here's why it's wrong.

The judgment of Te is not an object for Intuition and Sensing because these last do not perceive in terms of words and concepts. The judgment of Te is an object for itself. While it's true that Intuition is conceptual, it prefers its concepts to be in the mode of perception, for example:

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Although what you say seems to be an obvious, even trivial, counter-argument, here's why it's wrong.

The judgment of Te is not an object for Intuition and Sensing because these last do not perceive in terms of words and concepts. The judgment of Te is an object for itself. While it's true that Intuition is conceptual, it prefers its concepts to be in the mode of perception, for example:

You have messed up your views by reading too much shit from shitty sources and ignoring good sources.

Okay so if you say that functions are all separated and mix with other functions, maybe you can explain some of these quotes from jung:

That condition in which the psychological functions are fused or merged one into the other (v. Differentiation) is archaic — the fusion, for instance, of thinking with feeling, feeling with sensation, or feeling with intuition.
    concretism represents a mixing-up of thought and feeling with sensation. It is a state of concretism when the object of thinking and feeling is at the same time also an object of sensation.
    Thinking in general is fed from two sources, firstly from subjective and in the last resort unconscious roots, and secondly from objective data transmitted through sense perceptions.

Extraverted thinking is conditioned in a larger measure by these latter factors than by the former.
    And yes, im truly interested what sort of bullshit rationalization you can come up with :----DDD
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

You have messed up your views by reading too much shit from shitty sources and ignoring good sources.

Okay so if you say that functions are all separated and mix with other functions, maybe you can explain some of these quotes from jung:

And yes, im truly interested what sort of bullshit rationalization you can come up with :----DDD

I don't have to explain the quotes from Jung. Why should I have to do your homework for you? :----DDD

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I don't have to explain the quotes from Jung. Why should I have to do your homework for you? :----DDD
    I think you meant that you cant explain the quotes.

Then explain this, dario nardis research shows that Ne involves all brain regions lighting up like a christmas tree and Ni involves all brain regions to go into zen type of mode where they are all used equally. These regions take the regions used by thinking in the process of intuition. You claim that intuition cannot use information created by thinking into account, but how do you explain nardis observation?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think you meant that you cant explain the quotes.
    You explain the quotes. I don't have to do your work for you.

Then explain this, dario nardis research shows that Ne involves all brain regions lighting up like a christmas tree and Ni involves all brain regions to go into zen type of mode where they are all used equally. These regions take the regions used by thinking in the process of intuition. You claim that intuition cannot use information created by thinking into account, but how do you explain nardis observation?
    Does the brain reduce to functions?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

...Anyway, it's easy in reality to see the activity of the function that bends inward or outward. ISTJ and INTJ types with their Te-aux often come across as being highly intellectual in the Ti sense of having subjective, often impractical intellectual interests. My past interest in Kantian philosophy is a case in point. But this intellectualism serves the practical - concrete or conceptual - interests of the Si- or Ni-Dominant (whereas for the Ti-dom it serves itself). So for them, the normally impractical and self-centered interests of the Ti function serve the practical interests of the person. Ti ideas are useful, and are interesting only to the extent that they are useful and not merely limited to the theoretical realm.

Ti ideas are useful when they provide clear ideas or systems of thought that bring the ISTJ and INTJ types closer to their practical, pragmatic goals. Ti ideas are often of a radical nature, but the great perceptiveness of the Si- and Ni-dominant is able to sort out that which is useful from that which is bullshit, although Ti forces them to take all ideas seriously.

Every ISTJ and INTJ I have known has had a similar intellectual bent to their personalities. They are not intellectual types per se, but when they use their intellectual Ti capacities they are nearly unstoppable.

*I should define what I mean by 'intellectual' here: it means taking an interest in the abstract and systematic. An ISTP likes maps, graphs, diagrams, and other abstract models of concrete reality. So when I talk about Ti-dom I'm not necessarily talking about my own INTP type.