User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Can you explain what your N decides?

I find it extremely difficult to explain the decisions I make based on my N. I am not taking about explaining what my decision are, but answering questions like "why" or "how did you decide that." There really is no "why" or explaination (of the process) for the things of my N. They just are.

There are times when T can back up N and I can give a logical explaination. Sometimes I may explain it using feelings, i.e. "I do it because it makes me happy." While these explainations may be technically true it would be more accurate to say I do it because I have this strong feeling I can't explaing.

Is this just how N works, or would I be able to give an N based explanation if I was more in touch with my N? Is it harder to put in words for an Ni than for an Ne?

Ilah

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

It's how Ni works.

Ni will come to these realizations or conclusions. Te then can explain it (for INTJs).

Hopefully.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It's how Ni works.

Ni will come to these realizations or conclusions. Te then can explain it (for INTJs).

Hopefully.
    Yup. Ni is a perception. If it was a deduction or a conclusion, it would be a Judging function.

The Judging functions are used merely after the fact to "fill in the gaps" and try to justify Ni's perception... but you'll never wholly explain the Ni perception, even if you can grow to partially understand it through analysis using the judging functions.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks. I feel better knowing that it is often not able to be fully explained and that it is not something I have to work on.

Ilah

MBTI
    INFJ

I always felt as though Fe made my decisions while Ni made up my thought process. That's obviously overly simplistic, but you get the point.