• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] What Do You Blame Stress On?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's about blaming something else for stress to avoid getting to the root of the problem. Rationalizing is part of this. For example, I can blame someone else for my stress, but when I provide a reasoning for the blaming, then that's rationalization.

Now you're talking about undefined stress. Rationalization is an attempt to justify the blaming that defines it.

Do you do this often?

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My eyes aren't very good. I see the tiny font writing in your sig now. There's also something in it about ISA Fi - Ni - Fe - Se. What is that?

My higher 4 functions are on the left, lower 4 (Fi Ni Fe Se) are on the right, and ISA is my result from a Holland Code test.
I should probably rethink the format (or at least text size) of my sig..

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My higher 4 functions are on the left, lower 4 (Fi Ni Fe Se) are on the right, and ISA is my result from a Holland Code test.

THANK YOU! I've been looking for that 6-type typology system for many moons. It's the Holland Code. I never knew what it was called, but I knew about it.

The reason I was looking for it goes back to the very beginning of typology for me. I started out using the 5-type "Styles of Thinking" by Harrison and Bramson. Then I heard there was a 6-type system that was superior to it but never found out what it was until now. The Holland code makes Styles of Thinking look clunky in comparison.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm curious to find out what all the pretty cubes are about.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm a true American, so I blame stress on Obama.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's about blaming something else for stress to avoid getting to the root of the problem. Rationalizing is part of this. For example, I can blame someone else for my stress, but when I provide a reasoning for the blaming, then that's rationalization.

Now you're talking about undefined stress. Rationalization is an attempt to justify the blaming that defines it.

Sooooo it seems you are a blamer. What then, do you DO about it?

I'd say I do a little of both, blame and rationalize. But I blame myself, or rather, I take responsibility for allowing myself for that person or that thing to stress me out. Obviously if I was being tortured in a black site or holed up in Guantanamo Bay, placed in a dog cage and exposed to god knows what kind of psychological torture, I wouldn't be blaming myself.

But even in that situation blaming isn't really that useful. It can identify the cause, but you're still responsible for what to do next (in that situation there's pretty much nothing you can do).

I find that when I'm in peak physical condition, I can handle just about anything (probably not waterboarding). From melodramatic girlfriends, to bosses or clients trying to micromanage me. God I hate that shit.

And I sometimes let loved ones stress me out, to a point (and rarely), because I'm invested in them and can't just say, "fuckkk offf! get out." Ha, although I have said that.

Then on the rationalization side, I may be stressed over some project, so I think "Well I better do NOTHING else until this is done." But the reality is, if I got on the treadmill for 20 minutes or some other exercise, I'd feel a lot more relaxed and approach the project with a clearer head. But because in my head I'm like "No that can wait" I usually don't. Which is fucking stupid.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't allow people to invade my vital space, that would be VERY stressful(you come without warning trampling my doormat:mad:).

On the contrary, when I do love to be around someone/ do something, I don't notice how time flies. I usually make they know how pleasant it is...

I don't accept people who judge too easily or tell me to hurry up. I just give them shit straight away:ng_mad:.

Accusation, jugement, misunderstanding. I try to be fair with my surrounding and I expect the same in return.

I don't blame myself or others, I just know what is being ignored when a conflict happens. I say frankly what is wrong, unfair, or lacks common sense.

Many people say I like to rule my world. Yes... probably because I know I'm able to provide happiness and be happy with myself.

My tolerance threshold on frustration is very low. I have to speak my mind to feel good. I can't bear being controlled or people non trusting me.

If they show that "weakness" to me I may tell them they have a problem with themselves !

I love people and believe in human strength, so don't lower my hope !

I don't spend time with impulsive or strict people. If I can't escape I'll feel bad straight away and mock them immediately.

So think twice before you wanna stress me...:gleam::ninja: Ninja Girl is never too far away...

Ne ?:huh: Te (socionics) ? :huh:

My 8 wing comes out naturally in stressful situations:spam_laser:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sooooo it seems you are a blamer. What then, do you DO about it?

I'd say I do a little of both, blame and rationalize. But I blame myself, or rather, I take responsibility for allowing myself for that person or that thing to stress me out. Obviously if I was a being tortured in a black site or holed up in Guantanamo Bay, placed in a dog cage and exposed to god knows what kind of psychological torture, I wouldn't be blaming myself.

But even in that situation blaming isn't really that useful. It can identify the cause, but you're still responsible for what to do next (in that situation there's pretty much nothing you can do).

I find that when I'm in peak physical condition, I can handle just about anything (probably not waterboarding). From melodramatic girlfriends, to bosses or clients trying to micromanage me. God I hate that shit.

And I sometimes let loved ones stress me out, to a point (and rarely), because I'm invested in them and can't just say, "fuckkk offf! get out." Ha, although I have said that.

Then on the rationalization side, I may be stressed over some project, so I think "Well I better do NOTHING else until this is done." But the reality is, if I got on the treadmill for 20 minutes or some other exercise, I'd feel a lot more relaxed and approach the project with a clearer head.

If I'm stressed badly enough I self-medicate.

á´…eparted

passages
I attempt to ignore stress as long as possible until it becomes debilitating. Next I will often try and rationalize it to make it go away. I seldom "blame", I more just attempt to find the source, which isn't always easy to do.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I introject, too.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I usually look at my stress in Enneagram 6 terms because it's generally about being afraid of a certain (bad) future outcome. Being tired amplifies my negative feelings so stress can fall under that, but it's not the root cause. It is also true that I feel a lot of stress about being true to myself, but that's more of an existential, long-term stress, and doesn't account for a lot of short-term situations. I think Fi moody subjectivity can be a source of how strongly I feel stress - an overwhelming body response that I can't seem to turn off - and Ne flying to 1,000 other options often exacerbates a situation when I am stressed about making a choice. But again I can see that also being about 6 lack of trust in my own self-direction and ability to choose well for myself.