User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 37

  1. #11
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_Red View Post
    Being an overachiever. School. Overthinking social situations. Extracurriculars. Family. Things that you can manage and bend, but are still not escapable.
    Would you say that this is workaholism?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #12
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    not knowing any situation i don't have closure on i stress, also crowds. if there's too many people talking at once I have to leave. I've ditched people a few times because of it.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I blame stress on myself. I self impose it because I sort of feed off of it. That is I habitually put myself into situations where I will be under stress because I enjoy it - mostly. Sometimes, I want to retire to a beautiful island and do nothing but if I were to do that, I would soon need to do something productive.
    Sounds very Te.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #14
    ಠ﹏ಠ Glint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    TiNi
    Enneagram
    5 sp/so
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    What is your MBTI type?
    Leaning towards INTP based on (free) test results and introspection.
    I hesitate to fully embrace a type label due to confirmation bias and associated stereotypes.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glint View Post
    Leaning towards INTP based on (free) test results and introspection.
    I hesitate to fully embrace a type label due to confirmation bias and associated stereotypes.
    Then use JCF to determine your type. I can't do anything with this data without knowing about your type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #16
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I usually resist psychologizing posters on this forum - but blaming yourself in those circumstances is a defense mechanism called introjection.
    How interesting. Introjection just happens to be the Enneagram 4 defense mechanism.

    Now that I've come off sounding sufficiently pedantic - monitoring and cataloging your emotional states has nothing to do with the question of how you react to jerks - perhaps indirectly if you monitor your reaction - but blaming yourself is not an instance of monitoring or cataloging. It is an Fi response, a feeling of personal rejection. This is because Fi, not Ne, functions in such circumstances by reacting to signs of personal rejection.
    I was answering the thread. The thread was about rationalizing stress, not dealing with problems. This indicates that you aren't sure of the source, because you wouldn't feel the need to rationalize it if you knew where it was coming from. Dealing with a jerk doesn't need to be rationalized: there's a jerk, I interacted with him, here is my stress.

    Being comfortable and aware of feelings has everything to do with undefined stress.

  7. #17
    ಠ﹏ಠ Glint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    TiNi
    Enneagram
    5 sp/so
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Then use JCF to determine your type. I can't do anything with this data without knowing about your type.
    Functions (and other type stuff) are in my sig from left to right. For the purpose of this thread I would be hypothesized to deal with stress using Ti or Ne.
    If it helps to rephrase, I had already determined myself to be INTP but I refuse to jump to conclusions without additional input - which is why I still don't have MBTI type filled in for my forum profile.
    If this is not definite enough, I apologize for wasting your time!

  8. #18
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I blame stress on myself. I self impose it because I sort of feed off of it. That is I habitually put myself into situations where I will be under stress because I enjoy it - mostly. Sometimes, I want to retire to a beautiful island and do nothing but if I were to do that, I would soon need to do something productive.
    I agree. I don't always see stress as a negative, often just the opposite, which is why I often seek it out. I do tend to have issues if I am hungry or tired, though.

    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    How interesting. Introjection just happens to be the Enneagram 4 defense mechanism.



    I was answering the thread. The thread was about rationalizing stress, not dealing with problems. This indicates that you aren't sure of the source, because you wouldn't feel the need to rationalize it if you knew where it was coming from. Dealing with a jerk doesn't need to be rationalized: there's a jerk, I interacted with him, here is my stress.

    Being comfortable and aware of feelings has everything to do with undefined stress.
    It's about blaming something else for stress to avoid getting to the root of the problem. Rationalizing is part of this. For example, I can blame someone else for my stress, but when I provide a reasoning for the blaming, then that's rationalization.

    Now you're talking about undefined stress. Rationalization is an attempt to justify the blaming that defines it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #20
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glint View Post
    Functions (and other type stuff) are in my sig from left to right. For the purpose of this thread I would be hypothesized to deal with stress using Ti or Ne.
    If it helps to rephrase, I had already determined myself to be INTP but I refuse to jump to conclusions without additional input - which is why I still don't have MBTI type filled in for my forum profile.
    If this is not definite enough, I apologize for wasting your time!
    My eyes aren't very good. I see the tiny font writing in your sig now. There's also something in it about ISA Fi - Ni - Fe - Se. What is that?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. What do you want written on your tombstone?
    By Saslou in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 11:38 PM
  2. What do you look like on the inside?
    By Fluffywolf in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 09:06 AM
  3. What do you buy on Ebay?
    By Wiley45 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 04:11 PM
  4. [SJ] SJ's, what do you score on the enneagram (using the link provided)?
    By cogdecree in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 08:37 PM
  5. What do you spend your money on?
    By ygolo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO