• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weird (thread about astrology)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Born April 5th, pisces and cusps don't appear to be an option.

i said......... look them up
then see what appears in the search results germane to pisces, 3rd decanate
and the aries-pisces cusp

:coffee:

sassafrassquatch

i said......... look them up
then see what appears in the search results germane to pisces, 3rd decanate
and the aries-pisces cusp

:coffee:

I can't find anything substantive about that. I still don't see how those things are relevant as I was born right in the middle of aries which does not describe me at all.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't find anything substantive about that. I still don't see how those things are relevant as I was born right in the middle of aries which does not describe me at all.

it pertains to your rising sign(personality)
sun sign(ego)
blah blah blah

so whatevs

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Let's see. Based on wiki:

The following traits are widely associated with this sign.

* Diplomatic / compromising [7][4] however possibly manipulative [8]
only when I need to be, but not particularly

* Cooperative [7][4][8] Depends on whether my feathers have been ruffled or smoothed

* Fair / balanced / impartial [7][4][8] To a fault

* Idealistic (in relationships) [7][4][8] Yes, but strangely ultra-cynical

* Charming [7][4][8] if I so choose, but mostly I do not, so no.

* Easy-going / sociable [7][4][8] Not really

* Indecisive / changeable [7][4][8] Only superficially

* Peace loving [7][4] Ehh . . . I like to stir the pot too much for this to stick

* Gullible / influenceable [7][4] Ha! See "cynical" above. Not even close

* Elegant / graceful [7][4][8] :blush: abstain

* Refined / artistic / good taste [7][4][8] Is this where I auto-fellate? or would if I had a phallus?

* Pleasure oriented [7][4][8] yessiree bob

* Gentle [7][4] not particularly. context-dependent

* Sensitive to others [7][4] LOL

* Kind [7][4] Yup

* Cheerful [7][4] I am wrathful and gloomy :devil: ;)

* Romantic [7][4] Context?

* Flirty / frivolous [7][4] however loyal in marriage [4] Not married, so can't say for sure, but inclined to agree.

Verdict: Most of the listed traits are not constant, and could selectively be applied to most of us. Also, the rest appeal to people's desire for positive views of themselves and are likely to be accepted as true even if they only match reality half the time.

I have seen my sign's women described as having a masculine streak no matter how feminine they seem, and I guess that fits. Otherwise: not sold.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Newspaper horoscopes are full of shit, and are way too vague.

I can understand people's hesitance in even acknowledging astrology when crap like that is the first thing that people encounter.

Once you start breaking a person's chart down into what the planets represent and the different houses of the chart they fall into, it does become a bit more individualized and more specific.

I'm not saying it is a science by any means, but there is definitely more to it than people are usually willing to read about.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Newspaper horoscopes are full of shit, and are way too vague.

I can understand people's hesitance in even acknowledging astrology when crap like that is the first thing that people encounter.

Once you start breaking a person's chart down into what the planets represent and the different houses of the chart they fall into, it does become a bit more individualized and more specific.

I'm not saying it is a science by any means, but there is definitely more to it than people are usually willing to read about.

Ha! I know my sun, moon and rising, but refuse to believe that the uncanny accuracy of this combination is more than a coincidence or skillful manipulation. :whistling:

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My post wasn't really directed at you persay, just more of a general statement. Wanted to jump in while I still could.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
My post wasn't really directed at you persay, just more of a general statement. Wanted to jump in while I still could.

No worries. Just taking what you wrote into consideration.:headphne:

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm like a introverted Gemini. Actually, Gemini looks like an ENTP.
Hm, I think that it may have *some* truth behind it, but it's something very vague and people tend to think 'hey, that's true, it looks like me'.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm like a introverted Gemini. Actually, Gemini looks like an ENTP.
Hm, I think that it may have *some* truth behind it, but it's something very vague and people tend to think 'hey, that's true, it looks like me'.

yep
which is why i encourage a birth chart interpretation
saying you're a gemini is about 1/9 of the puzzle, and it may not be a vital part
because different positions of other planets may undermine being a " gemini "

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
yep
which is why i encourage a birth chart interpretation
saying you're a gemini is about 1/9 of the puzzle, and it may not be a vital part
because different positions of other planets may undermine being a " gemini "

Much better than I could say it.

/hugs

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The Jeffster is Leo, I knew it xD.

I go with the confirmation bias.

Zodiac signs are a good way to start the talking with girls ;). Not that I know anything bout that xD

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yes, but it's even better when you can guess their sign after a few minutes than asking them what it is.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My mouth is shut, this forum is too realistic, to make a point here :)

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
So I just read this description of pisces, which is what I am and it was creepy how true most of it was.

What's even creepier is that two people that I know that are really into this stuff knew I was pisces without me ever even telling them when my birthday was.

*twilight zone theme music*

Are your astrological sign descriptions true for you?

There was a better website but it's being retarded right now so here's this instead: Psychic Fred - Astrology & Chart Services

I believe in Astrology and much more of that fuzzy vague stuff, but I don't think it's failsafe... my ISFP girlfriend is supposed to be an Aquarius... she's more of a Scorpio though who stabilizes her environment.
Pisces is fitting though, creative and cool..

Mole

Permabanned
How the fucking hell is anyone fooled by astrology anymore?

I don't even care about the possible validity of the 'theory' if it could be so called.

I'm just flabbergasted by the fact that no one notices how goddamned generic every fucking horoscope is.

Confirmation bias like Ivy said sure, but there's more to it than that. It's not just about noticing whichever details apply to you, and forgetting/skipping over the ones that don't -- All horoscopes apply to all people. It's impossible for them to get them wrong. They say things as universal as "The sky looks blue to everyone with normal ocular orbs" or "Most people have a noses"

And I know what you're thinking: "BUT NOCAP! EVERYONE NOZE I HAVE A NOZE THAT'S OBVIOUS. ASTROGOLY HAS SOMETHING TO IT! THEY NOTICED THAT I SOMETIMES AM NICE TO PEOPLE, BUT I SOMETIMES AM NOT. THEY ALSO KNEW THAT SOMETIMES I DON'T TALK TO PEOPLE AT ALL!"

Well aren't they brilliant? They happened to notice every contingency and said it applies to you. Holy goddamn hell. How can they be wrong?

It's the same as this religious doo-hicky those church guys came up with: "God will answer all prayers with, yes, no, and wait" How can they be wrong?

Let's say it happens right away, and you got what you wanted: SOUND ALL BELLS AND ALARMS!! GOD HATH GIVETH!!
Let's say it doesn't happen ever: Well, I guess god said no.

But wait, a few months later, you get what you wanted: SOUND ALL BELLS AND WISTLES!! GOD HATH FINALLY GIVETH NOW THAT I WAITED!!

Don't be fooled by this idiotry. This is how Las Vegas steals peoples' money.

Quite right. And here is an example. Take a squiz -

YouTube - James Randi on Astrology