First 456

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INFJ* View Post
    Four minutes between two new born babies is enough to make them so different.

When talking astrology as a personality description, then you should consider ALL THE PLANET placements. What you read is always your SUN SIGN ONLY. There is moon, venus, mercury, mars, jupiter, etc signs. For example, a pisces person with moon in capricorn is not the same as a pisces person with moon in libra. All the placements should be considered to make an accurate illustration of the personality. Because sun is the core in general, the soul. Moon is your practical personality. Mercury is intelligence and communication and venus is love, mars is how you love; passion and desire, etc. Long story short, the sun sign description covers very very little, of what we are not all aware of about ourselves (our core). And thus may sound unconvincing.
    That's curious. I went ahead and found a website that charts everything out (#1 Free Astrology Chart Online: Astrolabe's Free Astro Chart, Horoscope Data Input Page) and am currently sifting through the results. Some of it is dead on and some of it is dead wrong. I might write about it in my blog thread.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by INFJ* View Post
    Four minutes between two new born babies is enough to make them so different.

When talking astrology as a personality description, then you should consider ALL THE PLANET placements. What you read is always your SUN SIGN ONLY. There is moon, venus, mercury, mars, jupiter, etc signs. For example, a pisces person with moon in capricorn is not the same as a pisces person with moon in libra. All the placements should be considered to make an accurate illustration of the personality. Because sun is the core in general, the soul. Moon is your practical personality. Mercury is intelligence and communication and venus is love, mars is how you love; passion and desire, etc. Long story short, the sun sign description covers very very little, of what we are not all aware of about ourselves (our core). And thus may sound unconvincing.

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    And, by the way, that common defence argument that I've often heard about astrology being complex and consisting of more than sun signs (i.e. there are moon signs, aspects, houses, etc.) doesn't explain my case either. I don't have Pisces/Cancer/Aquarius as the moon or mercury or ascendant or north node or aspects with Rahu or Saturn trine Neptune, in the 12th house, etc., etc.

Of course, if one looks carefully enough at my birth chart -- and looks long enough -- I am absolutely certain that a Piscean/Cancerian/Aquarian-related pattern will be found.

Because the truth is that, far from being simple sun sign horoscopes, astrology is actually so complex that there are zillions of different ways to interpret a single birth chart. There are so many aspects and elements and things to consider -- if you wish to read into them. It's quite possible to piece together the puzzle of a birth chart in whatever way that fits any conclusion that you already have in mind, provided that you're imaginative enough. And most astrology enthusiasts are (in my experience). Reading birth charts is like projecting mythological characters onto star constellations -- or finding pictures in the clouds.

Sorry to quote my own post in this thread, but what I wrote here was addressing exactly this point you're making.