• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type is the most self aware?

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

And by this I mean: Knows what they want from life, is constantly observant of there surroundings and people around them, knows understands their feelings extremely well and can (with a bit of writing) pinpoint why they are upset and know what they need to do to move past this.

In other words, which type is most likely to act like their own therapist?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And by this I mean: Knows what they want from life, is constantly observant of there surroundings and people around them, knows understands their feelings extremely well and can (with a bit of writing) pinpoint why they are upset and know what they need to do to move past this.

In other words, which type is most likely to act like their own therapist?

Good question that I don't have an answer to.

I'm sure there are types that are more inclined towards Wellbeing and self-actualization, and probably others that have to work harder at it.

Constantly observant of there surroundings and the people seems like any ESxx, but not necessarily their feelings.

Just for fun I'll go ahead and say ESFJ.

I think we probably all suck at being our own therapist as everyone is their own worst enemy.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
INFP and ENFP.I think having that Ne and Fi combination would make a person extremely self-aware and they are also able to apply this self-awareness onto the people around them and pinpoint their feelings very accurately.

I have a friend whom I believe is xNFP. She has this ability to help me discover emotions in me that I didn't even realize it in myself.
For example, I used to like this guy in my high school, and I haven't seen him for 2 years. Then one day, she brought up to me about him, asking me whether I still like him.
And I realized that I felt upset when she brought up to me about him. And I was pretty surprised by those upset feelings that I was feeling when she brought up about him.
I didn't even know that all these while, I still have some feelings for him, until she brought up to me about him.

Although I am self-aware when it comes to my strengths and my weaknesses, but I am not very aware of my own emotions. I usually only realize my emotions when people brought up to me about how I am feeling. If they didn't say anything about my feelings, I wouldn't even be aware of how I am feeling.

And it's not just my emotions, I often have difficulty identifying which is my needs and which is other people's needs. For example, I want a career that I am passionate about, but my family wants me to choose a career that is more financially stable. I feel pulled in two directions, I don't know what I should do. Whenever I make a career-related decision, I don't know whether I made this decision because of myself, or whether I made this decision because of my family.

I think strong Fi types such as xNFPs and xSFPs would be more self-aware in those aspects. They know what they want, and they just follow their heart.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My guess would be INFPs. They are pretty introspective and look at things in a deep way.

á´…eparted

passages
Depends on what you mean by self-aware. Generally speaking, self-awareness is a skill/form of intelligence that some have and some don't, and further have, but may be good or bad at it (possibly unbeknownst to them). By the nature of this, it seems on the surface that this would be something that isn't type related. However, at the end of the day I think it might actually be so. How, I can't say, because that would require having to define what self-aware actually means. Does it mean aware of emotions? Thoughts? Your relation to those around you and thus presentation?

With all that said, I would be inclined to say that introverts will tend to be more self-aware in a broad sense (i.e. all kinds) since they will be driven by a Xi function.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Good question that I don't have an answer to.

I'm sure there are types that are more inclined towards Wellbeing and self-actualization, and probably others that have to work harder at it.

Constantly observant of there surroundings and the people seems like any ESxx, but not necessarily their feelings.

Just for fun I'll go ahead and say ESFJ.

I think we probably all suck at being our own therapist as everyone is their own worst enemy.
I dunno about you, but I'm my best friend we have tea and coffee together all the time.

baccheion

A judger. Judgers seem clearer on who they are and what they want than most perceivers.