• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would the 8 functions would act when painting?

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
How would the 8 functions act when painting?

I'm thinking something like this (correct me if I'm wrong or if you have other ideas):

Fi- I want to paint that because its important to me.
Fe - How will this painting affect others/ can I create a painting that will impact people
Te - Very orderly, systematic approach to painting.
Ti - Analyzes environment and thinks about how they would paint the objects around them
Se - Paints
Si - Remembers what colors worked best before. Remembers which pigment and methods created desired result. Uses those.
Ne - New ideas for paintings. Ooh I could paint this, or that, or what if I did it this way instead. Oh, I wonder what would happen if I gessoed this after I painted and then scrapped away the gesso when it was still wet? Would it look like fog, ooh or maybe a ghost!
Ni - I want to paint this. I don't know why I just do. I'm going to stick with my sudden idea for this painting and go from there.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Or, Se, two minutes into painting: I'm done with this. Let's go for a run!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Se - Paints

I think it'd be more like "paint and spend the most time on what stands out from my perspective."

Ne - New ideas for paintings. Ooh I could paint this, or that, or what if I did it this way instead. Oh, I wonder what would happen if I gessoed this after I painted and then scrapped away the gesso when it was still wet? Would it look like fog, ooh or maybe a ghost!

Probably both Pe functions would experiment in the midst of painting. I think, if there was no prompt or anything in front of them they were supposed to paint, Ne would keep painting things with a bigger idea to communicate to the audience - adding various symbols and elements to further emphasize the message - while Se would paint whatever it wanted to paint and freely add on whatever else came to mind, dealing with the message that could be interpreted from it after its finished rather than before.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Si - Impressionist
Se - Realism
Ti - Abstract Representational
Te - Photorealism
Fi - Abstract Expressionism
Fe - Realist Representational
Ni - whatever people dancing with paint dripping from their bodies on a 20'x20' canvas is
Ne - Surrealism

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OP's Ni checks out here.

I have no mind for abstraction when doing visual art. Sometimes I feel like I do, but this is self-deception. Fe might get in the way of that - there is always a very particular intended impact (a "plan" in the feeling realm). This comes to mind first, and the visuals are just a way to get there, and then meet others there. Depending on how well the extraverted function is working, this may come easily or I may have problems with my communications not being understood. There is also the question: does one actually need to be understood so directly for a piece of art to be worth it, or is that just my problem?

From other artists, I respect their abstract work, but part of that respect is for succeeding at something that doesn't come naturally to me.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Only 4 functions exist, Thinking, Feeling, Sensing and Intuition. So no, those are just some stereotypes of how functions and their attitude works in types.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Fi- I will paint my feelings.
Fe- I want to show my love for someone by painting them something.
Ti- Hmm why do we see different colours (Starts thinking about why paints function the way they do instead of painting)
Te- Art is a waste of time and money. Hmm they sell well and could be good to make money.
Se- Lets paint that pretty tree (2 mins later) I wanna paint that butterfly. Hey i should combine the tree and butterfly to paint a butterfly with a tree trunk.
Si- This is a picture of my childhood house
Ne- Lets paint what time travel would look like. Hey what if the world really was evil and all red. Lets paint houses on all the possible timelines. Dinosaur artechure would be awesome to paint.
Ni- This painting represents love and hate.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Si - I'll paint that thing I love to paint
Se - paint! paint! yes paint every where more paint!
Ne - paint this. and this. and this and this and this.
Ni - the VISION, must focus on the VISION

Ti - my painting can be classed as this and this
Fe - I painted this because it was very nice
Te - my painting is able to achieve many things
Fi - what do you think of my painting?