• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which function is responsible for coincidences ?

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an inordinate amount of coincidences in my life and it often makes me feel like I'm crazy. Is this just picking up patterns? Which function is responsible for the recognizing them as obscenely frequently as I do ?

I know they mean nothing. But it happens to me way more often than most anyone I've ever met!

I have irl friends that can attest to this.

So which function is responsible for recognizing them so often ?

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:notype: Or function related.

Really? Then why? I was thinking it might be my propensity to connect dots that most would find inconsequential and then place meaning on it which is why I always have to stop myself from over thinking. It's like imagination gone awry but when I point them out, other people see them, so it's not my imagination. It's a bit confusing and I guess I was hoping for a logical explanation. :/

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
As per Jung, intuition is the crest of whence and where to an object comes and goes.

So.....

Jaguar

I guess I was hoping for a logical explanation. :/

co·in·ci·dence
noun
1. a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection.

That is not the definition of a function.

I assure you - a Mango Mocha Caffe is not a function, either.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
co·in·ci·dence
noun
1. a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection.

That is not the definition of a function.

I assure you - a Mango Mocha Caffe is not a function, either.

It just happens a lot .. As in way more than typical not to notice. When I was little I thought it was more about god loving me, lol. Then, I have to admit I was more agnostic and it was the universe that loved me :p (it's just lots of serendipitous moments not to take notice). And I don't know. I think it's sorta creepy sometimes and I want it to stop. But, at the same time, it's all good in the end and I have to learn to trust it and relax. But that's hard because the world is scary and what if .. What if ... What if ...

Bla bla bla bla bla I'm going bla bla because your response made me feel like you're one of those people who just chalks me up as crazy to make life easier which is totally cool if that's the case. It's easier than always feeling like I have to justify and explain myself :mellow:

Jaguar

It just happens a lot .. As in way more than typical not to notice. When I was little I thought it was more about god loving me, lol. Then, I have to admit I was more agnostic and it was the universe that loved me :p (it's just lots of serendipitous moments not to take notice). And I don't know. I think it's sorta creepy sometimes and I want it to stop. But, at the same time, it's all good in the end and I have to learn to trust it and relax. But that's hard because the world is scary and what if .. What if ... What if ...

Bla bla bla bla bla I'm going bla bla because your response made me feel like you're one of those people who just chalks me up as crazy to make life easier which is totally cool if that's the case. It's easier than always feeling like I have to justify and explain myself :mellow:

Google: Jung function attitudes.