• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How does each type respond/ react to drama?

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
How does each type respond/ react to drama? (in particular emotional/ interpersonal drama)

á´…eparted

passages
ENFJ: :overreact:

We're known for over-reacting and blowing things out of proportion. I'm quite good at keeping social drama out of my life and nipping it in the but, but it doesn't mean that I respond to it cleanly. Usually I turn into a cackling hen and gossip my mouth off to the right people to keep myself in check.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
i launch into dialect regarding sat and asat

:cry:

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I either brush it off, or deal with it head on. I generally don't get too worried over drama. Some of it adds excitement to your life and gives you something to talk about, but other times it's just stupid and unnecessary.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I withdraw from it when possible.

If it isn't possible to do this, my reaction to the dramatic person depends on the situation and who they are.

If they are somebody I care about and have genuine concerns, I'll make an effort to help resolve the conflict and support them. In other situations I'm inclined toi just tell them to get a grip, unfortunately. I really, really don't take well to hysterical people...seeing somebody out of control is quite intimitdating and disturbing to me.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
peacemake. or laugh at it kind of openly. depending on how valid i feel it is.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My drama:

During: :dont: Oh hell no. Let's fix this shit hella quick.
After: *with buddies* :laugh: Yeah, so then this happened.. it was pretty awkward.

Other people's drama:
:popc1: [MENTION=6168]Bamboo[/MENTION], hey omg, look at what happened!! So crazy!
Bamboo: :huh: ... :shrug: So?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How does each type respond/ react to drama? (in particular emotional/ interpersonal drama)

The Social aspect of me likes to hear about it. I like to know what's going on with people and between people. The more specifically so/sx aspect likes to connect with the person I'm talking to about it. It's pleasing to hear their personal perspective and to have them confide in me.

The INFP aspect of me thinks a lot about people's intrapersonal struggles. So, for example, when there is drama like my coworker sleeping with 4 guys at our workplace, I think about how that is probably her emotional response to her boyfriend of 8 years breaking up with her recently. I know she had wanted to start a family with him for 5 years, and he kept telling her he needed more time. It seems like now she is in relationship hyperdrive.

The 6w7 aspect of me is more complicated. If it's drama that's happening to me, I feel very stressed about it. I worry a lot about getting "trapped" in a bad situation. I can definitely overreact if I feel like I am in danger. I've gotten better about just trying to sail through, though, since recognizing my Enneagram patterns. I do think a lot about how to troubleshoot, and how to avoid this problem in the future. If it's drama in someone else's life, I try to be supportive while keeping myself out of it.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do think a lot about how to troubleshoot, and how to avoid this problem in the future. If it's drama in someone else's life, I try to be supportive while keeping myself out of it.

This.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I try not to get into, it honest. But somehow I end up in it. but I've never been good at lying, because if I know I'm lying I can't pull off a convincing lie, and sometimes it's easier to just to offend the person then come up with a nice way to put it. plus maybe they won't ask next time. though most drama i get into is because i've done something that i'm not aware of the person gets mad at me like I'm suppose to know. fuck that, if it bothers you could've told me. or you know that whole speaking without thinking phenenom? happens way more than it should

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Drama between strangers/celebs/etc: don't care.

Drama between friends (not involving me): I try to learn both sides of the story and make myself available to lend an ear (or shoulder) when needed. Depending on the person I sometimes play devil's advocate or try to bring up alternative ways of looking at the situation.

Drama between friend group (involving me): I generally stay neutral or side with what seems to be the fairest. I drop facts/observations and let my friends come to their own conclusions.
> become very stressed out if an unfavorable outcome could result in the breaking up of the friend group or me losing my 'spot' in the circle of friends.

Drama between me and a single friend: I try to come to a compromise ASAP (most drama happens due to a misunderstanding). If it's absolutely irreconcilable, I have to decide if we can agree to disagree, or if I need to burn the bridge.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

As an INTJ 6, i tend to not like it and avoid it. It can annoy me and is inefficient. Basically my reaction is to try and get people collaborating focused on what's important or walk away depending on how invested I am in the people, the topic at hand, the circumstances and my mood.

Celine

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I am pretty depressed in case of drama. My first reaction would be to explain myself, to make sure the other person understands properly my means (which makes the drama even worst, I realize, because not every people are open to rational explanations, especially if they are hurt).

My second reaction would be to put in question my friendship with the person I have an argument with.

Hopefully, a couple of days later, I am more tolerant, I am able to see the problem under a new light, taking into account the different reasons of the argument and different aspects of the situation.

As an ESTJ, I guess you need some time to understand fully interpersonal drama.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Assuming I don't know the people, I get out of there ASAP or ignore them. Sometimes I'll argue after perceiving some kind of slight, but I'm relieved when it's over. If I'm not involved, I stay uninvolved.

Assuming I do know them, it can go different ways. As I'm a participant, I get fixated on being right. Take things personally. Insult the other person/people. Get louder as the argument goes on. Stand my ground until I wear them down or one of us has to leave. Later, I come back after cooling down, apologize and/or explain what my problem was. Oh, the embarrassment.

When people I know have a conflict that looks silly to me, I'll come in and instigate, sniping at both parties for my own amusement.

Person A: I don't believe it.
Person B: What's that mean?
Me: He's calling you a liar, B.
Person B: What?! No, you're the liar, A!

Then a few minutes later I'll do something similar to person B. If the drama is serious and people are getting hurt, I may try to mediate or (more likely) I will flee and hope they can work it out on their own.

Last edited:

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I learn from it
Also I always think about what I would’ve done if I was being in the please of each character.
I think about the complexes in the story and better solutions.. And how the scenarist could’ve ended it more impressively.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love/hate drama. I'm a low drama person--meaning I don't seek to create new, unnecessary drama where none existed. When people try to wrap me up in their drama, I tend to avoid them, as their drama will most likely be bullshit and not of pressing importance.

However... It can sometimes be fun to watch others' drama unfold from the sidelines, as an uninvolved spectator.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i start recording it on my phone and yell "WORLDSTAR!!!"

really though, varies from annoyance, being an amused observer, or becoming a drama queen myself depending on how much it affects me personally. i'm not immune, although it's usually ridiculous to me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It depends on the drama. If someone involves me in their drama, it's going to be terrible for them. Anything else is on a case by case basis but for the most part, I want it nowhere near me and won't participate at all.