• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How does each type respond/ react to drama?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If its something that has some real cause(like not just someone being irrational and stupid) and its something i care about, i try to fix what ever is causing the drama. But if its about someone stupidity/irrationality/delusions, then i explain them that this is the reason and maybe not say it directly but imply them to get a grip and i dont really care if they get offended, because ultimately they get offended due to their own stupid shit. Less i care about the person more blunt i am and more irrational/stupid/delusional/whatever they are, i start to care less about the person and whether or not they get offended. But if its someone i care about and they are irrational and thus causing some drama, i just tell them that and might be like "go yell somewhere else and come back when you are finished".

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everything I felt about Drama Queens, I learned from the Simpsons:

1. Laugh at them (just inside my head):
Simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

2. Leave in disgust:
tumblr_movz20oKTf1somw7ho10_500.png

Honorable Mention:
3. Wonder how this could be exploited for future gain:
burns-excellent.gif

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel that this is a lot more related to enneagram. I have a tendency to revel in it, especially if it can be romanticized. My particular version of romance is cigarettes and 40's in the alley.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
walk off or just look at things logically...of course my logic is fuzzy and beyond the strict typical T type logic

I dont do drama, never have. You may get an ear to talk to, and a shoulder to cry on, maybe some sympathy sex, but thats about it the drama dies at me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it depends... did I sow the seeds of discord that caused the drama out of bored curiosity and desire for amusement? if so, sitting back at the edge and smirking with a cup of tea is the usual response

if I didn't cause the drama it's usually more like *sigh and roll eyes* "what the hell is wrong with people? can't they see that there's an easy solution and that it DOESN'T involve crying or all of this bullshit?" :doh: *wander away*

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everything I felt about Drama Queens, I learned from the Simpsons:

1. Laugh at them (just inside my head):
Simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

2. Leave in disgust:
tumblr_movz20oKTf1somw7ho10_500.png

Honorable Mention:
3. Wonder how this could be exploited for future gain:
burns-excellent.gif

I tend to react this way. If I care for people, I try to find a solution WITH them (NOT FOR them) or dedramatize, depending on the situation.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How does each type respond/ react to drama? (in particular emotional/ interpersonal drama)

Enneagram:

1) asserts you're wrong
2) emotional appeals
3) avoids conflict resolution and plays "let's not and say we did"
4) engages and exasperates drama
5) stands there playing dead
6) either runs away (phobic) or tantrums/reacts then runs away(cp)
7) might partake for amusement before getting bored
8) turns into the hulk and destroys it
9) tries to be friends w/all sides appearing 2 faced

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also sometimes i just try to ignore it, but it ends up unconsciously eating away at me. i pretend i'm fine with it when i'm really not.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
First, I seek to avoid drama, second, to be the diplomat. If that fails (it usually doesn't), then I use well placed words to deter and dissolve it. Fourth, I call a spade a spade and warn with the "do you really wanna go there" shot. If all peaceful attempts fail, I turn into the Hulk and smash it.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
INTJ will ignore, duh
ENTJ will either create it or cut it.
ENTP will play around and enjoy it.
INTP will study it IF they care somehow.
Feelers will get killed, JK they usually over react

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Why are you mad at me?"

"What did I do wrong?"

And then I'll be mad that they're mad at me.

Sil

This is a test.
Two options: shut up and keep quiet and wait for it to die down on its own. Or i get pissed and shut the entire thing down by having an even bigger reaction to the stupidity of it.

I try not to do the second, but I can't always help myself.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I personally hate drama; people say things that cause each other to take them personally, and then through their reactions can sabotage each other. It's just an unnecessary mess that could've been avoided if people had just been honest and not taken things personally to begin with.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Completely depends on the drama.

If it's stupid and/or irrational drama: "Maybe you should just be direct with them. Seems like your problem would go away pretty quickly if you would be up front about your concerns." (the benefit of this is that it leads to one of two good options: 1. they take my advice and the drama ends, or 2. they stop talking to me about the drama because they know I have no patience for it)

If it's flat-out harmful drama that comes from misinformation: "You're actually completely wrong about that, because of X and Y, and I don't think what you're doing is fair to anyone involved." (or potentially something much harsher than this)

If it's legitimate/reasonable drama: "Oh god oh god what do I do. Feelings. Okay. Show empathy. Where's the empathy button? Uhhh. Shit."

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I must admit creating a little drama once in a while could increase the intensity of a relationship (sx)

I can admit a little drama if the person is looking to make me hear what I was unconsciously refusing to hear.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I try to calm down situation. Once that is done I try to reduce problem to logic and find workable solution.

However I would dare to say that people around me try to hide drama. I am presuming this is because they are afraid of my judgment that can be too honest, but quite calm in most situations.
I have noticed that many people act much more open and dramatic when I am not around. (at least when they think I am not around)

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
With deflective humor and distance.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
By not taking sides, but rather trying to find the core argument from the both sides and try to find a compromise in which neither party gets to be the moral superior. Also by forecasting where the current course of drama is taking both parties and making it clear to them. This is actually what I just did in case involving my wife and one of her acquintances. I told my wife: "You can either win this argument, or retain neutral terms with her, but you can't have both. Which one you'll take? What do you have to gain in this argument? And what do you have to lose in this argument? I will support your choice, even if I do not agree with it."