• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How does each type respond/ react to drama?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why? If you show your emotions of fear, sadness, sorrow, etc, then that means you were unable to deal with them.
It is like when a mother refuses to give something to his or her spoiled brat. The spoiled kid will cry because he is so weak he can't stand not getting the flashy action figure he wants. If the kid was a normal kid, not a spoiled one, he would just say ok and continue his day normally.

"Emotions," is an extremely large umbrella term. You're looking at whining/bitching as the definition for emotions, when in fact, all humans are driven by their emotional desires.

- - - Updated - - -

If not for anything else, you're living because your emotions tell you you have something you want to live for. It could be as simple as food. You have a drive to keep eating because it tastes good, and that makes you happy or satisfied.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When it comes to actual drama rather than that which I start, I withdraw and try to abstain from getting in between the conflicting individuals (as I myself am usually never involved in it directly). I try to make sense out of both sides unless it's obvious that one is specifically in the wrong, always keeping a neutral stance so as to balance out the emotions opening fire on each other.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm never involved in the first place.

I usually ask involved ppl about what's going on, not to participate in it in any way, but just because, well, why not ask? When they spill, I don't offer any comment other than "oh that sucks" or "oh yeah."

Can't see how I'd ever find myself with even one foot in the mess, since it'd be actual work to involve myself in it after it's occurred.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I eat drama for breakfast and shit it out at lunch :D

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am never directly involved. And if somehow I do get involved my gut reaction is to fix it. Get both parties to come to a compromise. If I am the source of the drama (I honestly don't think this happens much if at all) then I probably don't realize it until much later and it is probably because of an emotional hijacking.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Emotions," is an extremely large umbrella term. You're looking at whining/bitching as the definition for emotions, when in fact, all humans are driven by their emotional desires.

- - - Updated - - -

If not for anything else, you're living because your emotions tell you you have something you want to live for. It could be as simple as food. You have a drive to keep eating because it tastes good, and that makes you happy or satisfied.
Experiencing emotions is not the same as expressing them. Different still is allowing them to determine your decisions. I also see a distinction between emotions and physical sensations like hunger, pain, fatigue, etc. It would seem that these drive our desires for things like food, rest, and shelter.