• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How does each type respond/ react to drama?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Oh, and if I'm involved, I'm usually saying something like:

"You are overreacting. This thing is not worth fighting about. This is a minor issue, we could have some serious issues instead. Like this thing X you/me/someone else is dealing with. I know you are stressed and mad, but you are not mad at me, so please do not explode on me. Resolve whatever is bugging you, and then we can talk about this issue at hand."

Sorry, I don't make very good drama. :(

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
By not taking sides, but rather trying to find the core argument from the both sides and try to find a compromise in which neither party gets to be the moral superior. Also by forecasting where the current course of drama is taking both parties and making it clear to them. This is actually what I just did in case involving my wife and one of her acquintances. I told my wife: "You can either win this argument, or retain neutral terms with her, but you can't have both. Which one you'll take? What do you have to gain in this argument? And what do you have to lose in this argument? I will support your choice, even if I do not agree with it."
Oh, and if I'm involved, I'm usually saying something like:

"You are overreacting. This thing is not worth fighting about. This is a minor issue, we could have some serious issues instead. Like this thing X you/me/someone else is dealing with. I know you are stressed and mad, but you are not mad at me, so please do not explode on me. Resolve whatever is bugging you, and then we can talk about this issue at hand."

Sorry, I don't make very good drama. :(
This is incredibly STJ, and I relate to it a lot.

I would add -- and I'm not sure if this is the case for you as well -- that I initially tend to come across as actually being interested in the drama, because I'm digging for information and trying to make sure I've got as close to "the full story" as possible.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is incredibly STJ, and I relate to it a lot.

I would add -- and I'm not sure if this is the case for you as well -- that I initially tend to come across as actually being interested in the drama, because I'm digging for information and trying to make sure I've got as close to "the full story" as possible.

I think this can be reduced to just TJ .
However I presume that this is actually e1 thing more anything else.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like a lot of Shakespeare's work and Old Greek plays, but also some newer things.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will break up a fight if it becomes physical or too heated, otherwise other people's drama is not on my radar.

If I have personal drama it is short lived. It exists in that short frame of time when someone decides to be a professional asshat for a living and I decide they don't need any of my energy or time. Basically, It's me figuring out their character. Once I figure it out, it's easy.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dislike drama as it is a waste of energy and rarely does any good. If it doesn't involve me, I do my best to ignore it and stay away from it. If I'm unavoidably involved, I try to focus on what people's real needs, wants, or issues are and work to get those addressed. Colleagues have commented on my tendency never to take anything personally, and to let all the sound and fury pass without notice while sifting out what the real issue is.

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Blame myself and think there is something wrong with me, and that I'll never fit in and things will never be any good ever...
And then slowly get over it, move on and try to learn from it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Drama is over rated, avoid or help or ignore. Depends really, I avoid drama in my life. I don't have this need or want to raise things up higher then what they are.

My extreme is responding in like kind drama wise in a sarcastic way for fun. It's funny and sad when people don't recognize the sarcasm.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Fight or flight

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm usually the one causing all the drama ;D

Nah, but really, I try to sort it out and compromise it between both parties for some peace. I can take it.

If that doesn't work, then I'll try break them up. And if that fails, fuck them.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
If I'm involved:
  • Invalidate the other persons concerns
  • Make them appear histrionic
  • Operate from a position of indifference

If I'm not involved and only looking:
  • Bathe in the proceedings and aftermath to absorb its power and satiate my lust

Duffy

I secretly enjoy drama, though I'm often not a part of it.

I notice people who complain about drama always seem plagued by it, as if a cloud follows them around everywhere they go. Coincidence? Yea, right....

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well it depends if I'm a part of it or just someone happened to be there..
If it's among few people I walk away because I don't think they like me listening to them, but if it causes someone to collapse emotionally I would just calm them down and try to comfort that person without involving myself in that discussion..
If someone is not feeling well, and obviously in a trouble, I keep an eye on him/her in case he might need me sometime later.. It happened that I sense that on a colleague, then she suddenly fainted so I was the first one to catch her and yelled at my friend to bring some water, then I set her down on a chair and comforted her then she started crying and telling me about her problems..
If I'm a part of the drama it usually not me starting it, I used to stay calm before and not say a word, but I find to be nerve breaking and without knowing it I start becoming the biggest drama queen there is, I go kicking and hitting things with my hands, shouting and crying -of course, but now I learned to stand up for myself and just have a quick response to stop people from hurting me, then I tell them to calm or just relax and also tell them whatever they want to hear, but then I go to the darkness and start crying, I'm emotional person what can I say..

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I usually respond with sarcasm or a question, and then retreat. (silent treatment) Getting sucked in doesn't do me any good.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just get honest with them. Get sad. Walk away.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I depends what happened, but usually I'm the one keeping my cool out the outside. If someone gets mad at me for usually no reason, I might throw a comment back at them and maybe argue a little bit, but if they're being too crazy whiny to deal with I just leave them alone and know that I would at least not be screaming and smearing my own crap across walls like a deranged monkey if someone got me even the slightest bit peeved.

When it's drama between other people, I'm normally just interested to know what happens and the results of it, it's not much of an emotional or personal thing with me where I feel like I have to side, unless I see one of the people as totally in the wrong.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Drama queens can kill themselves. Displaying emotions is a sign of weakness. You must be weak to make drama out of nothing. The strong may be hit but they get up right after.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Drama queens can kill themselves. Displaying emotions is a sign of weakness. You must be weak to make drama out of nothing. The strong may be hit but they get up right after.

You have psychological issues, and/or ego issues.

Get off your high horse, brah.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
not well, not well at all, i should not be a pr person because of it.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
You have psychological issues, and/or ego issues.

Get off your high horse, brah.

Why? If you show your emotions of fear, sadness, sorrow, etc, then that means you were unable to deal with them.
It is like when a mother refuses to give something to his or her spoiled brat. The spoiled kid will cry because he is so weak he can't stand not getting the flashy action figure he wants. If the kid was a normal kid, not a spoiled one, he would just say ok and continue his day normally.