First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I wish such a thing existed for ENFJs. I need some demystification of the Fe-primary electric bullwhip.
    of course it does
    stop being so passive, this instant !

Myers Briggs Personality Type - Denver, Colorado -- Dominant Introverted Thinking - Ti

To others, Ti types appear even-tempered, objective to the point of being impersonal. They have little time for people they view as having lesser credibility, knowledge or expertise than themselves, and so people around them can find themselves feeling dismissed, disliked, or that they somehow came up on the short end of the stick without really understanding why they feel that way. Even as children, Tis are fiercely independent. Not naturally social or relationally connected, they are prone to forget or ignore standard social rules and traditions. When they do connect with someone, they are interested in the depth and complexity of that person, and you may find yourself feeling a bit like an insect pinned to the tray, objectively studied. They will either find you sufficiently interesting, and want to understand you further, or you will be casually dismissed. Often, they find acquaintance-type relationships simply a waste of their time.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ

I would "Act" out my fantasies (involving magic, swords. and the like) as a kid, now I do martial arts, and I haven't forgotten why I started..
    What a waste of life..

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

i have always had a fantasy of being a spy / detective
    and act as such for the human psyche

is that inferior Ti ?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    FiSi

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    What does it mean that, for example, Te is the INFP's "highest value"?
    Te makes us want to be strong and efficient advocates and defenders of our Fi values.

I have always dreamed of being strong and independent and doing something worthy that would affect the surrounding world, like defending the weak and exploited and victimized.

I'm the Big Sister in my family, so I have always been given a lot of responsibility and work to do. I've had to learn to use my Te to do these things responsibly (Si, too) and efficiently. My parents are both SJs, so responsibility and efficiency have always been demanded.

I got severely mobbed at school and I had to learn to defend myself. My Te developed a lot in that situation, too.

(Btw, I decided to show the description of Te to my sister and asked whether I use it or not. She said "Yes, you are like that often when explaining your opinions to others or defending them or yourself" and then waved her hands while shouting "ARRRGH!" )

MBTI
    INFJ

Te makes us want to be strong and efficient advocates and defenders of our Fi values.

I have always dreamed of being strong and independent and doing something worthy that would affect the surrounding world, like defending the weak and exploited and victimized.
    Yes, this makes sense. I'll "add it to my journal" then.

So, in a way, INFPs express their Fi through their Te, by seeing what is wrong with the world and then acting to change it. I wonder about ISFPs, though? As sensors they aren't as concerned with world change, so their Te must be used somewhat differently.

Some other thoughts:

Si-Ne: using Ne as a kind of precaution to see the future coming and then further be able to protect and preserve that which matters to them. (Si - "the unknown is dangerous")

Ti-Fe: connecting with other people through Fe, to discuss relevant facts/concepts/ideas (Ti-matters), ultimately ending in consensus.

The model doesn't seem to work as good for Extraverted types, I think. It's relatively easy to see how an Introvert needs to project their inner F/T/S/N/whatever onto something in the outer world, going from E to I seems more farfetched.

(Btw, I decided to show the description of Te to my sister and asked whether I use it or not. She said "Yes, you are like that often when explaining your opinions to others or defending them or yourself" and then waved her hands while shouting "ARRRGH!" )
    ^^

MBTI
    INFP

Te helps me to see the limits and pitfalls of my dominant function Fi. It causes me to ponder why there are people who just canīt seem to share my point of view. If everyone would prefer to look at the world through Fi glasses it would be a better world. Sure, itīs sensible to consider always the individual person and to base your judgement on the individual situation. Only thereīs Te and shows me that fixed and inflexible structures are sometimes necessary. A society canīt deal with making allowances for every individual person.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    my INTJ friend is extremely in tune with Se -- she runs/hikes everyday and is very conscious of what foods she eats, etc. she knows how to savor sensation as it comes. and she's much more at peace than most of the INJs i hang around (at least 7).
    I do not think I am INTJ but Se is my 4th function, and like your friend I am quite conscious of the food I eat and like to savor sensory data as well. I find that if I don't I am only half living. Things seem to be mere shell. Unfortunately, I do not always heed Se's kinesthetic aspects. It is an on-again off again thing. The bad part is that I find that ignoring the body and its needs takes a toll on the mind as well, in the form of blocked expression, short attention, extreme apathy, etc. There's a distinct impoverishment that comes with that kind of neglect.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    With Ti/Fe, well, I never really accepted Fe until my Ti realized views a civil social structure as not only legitimate but useful. It makes sense to regulate how people approach each other in order to remain efficient in communication, so that you can be freed up to think.

But it also ties into other logical ideas: Since Ti tells me people have equal value, all things considered, then I need to consider emotional and relational needs legitimate rather than as intrusive since there are those people who benefit from having them. Fe also is less about emoting raw emotion and more about expressing intention and commitment -- it's a language that Ti can use to express itself in a way that does not demand raw emoting.

What Jennifer said in reverse. Fe/Ti
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.