User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    "My views toward love: I believe that love = caring about the other person's well-being more than your own well-being. If you have a crush on someone and you noticed that your crush liked someone else, you will actually help your crush to get together with their crush because this will make your crush feel happy."

ISFJ? Never.
    OK, you win. I'm just playing the numbers game.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I dislike these type-me threads because they often have leading statements and are subject to the Forer effect, as I mentioned. Who doesn't want to be creative, for example? Si users think about the future a lot, too, the difference is the time scale. Many Ni users are shit planners (I am incapable of keeping to a schedule) and tend to brood on an abstract level about what will come to pass in the coming decades. Si users are thinking "OK, I have to do A by this time, B by that time, C by then. Good. Let's do it.".

So in a way, both are future orientated. It is just that Ni users are way out in Never-Never Land for a fair chunk of the time, INFJs for example spend a fair bit of down time dreaming about eradicating racism and misogyny seeing their Intuition isn't coupled to a Thinking function.

I find it hard to tell Si and Ni users apart, especially, from just one or two posts. The differences between types become clearer once you get to know the person and understand the reasons why they believe what they do, how they approach a problem to solve it. Ne and Se users are very easy to tell apart (as are Ni and Ne). A strong Ne user is like the ginger amongst the brunettes - you can't not notice them

Once you have around 100 posts under your belt people have generally had enough time to figure shit out though.
    Funny you mention that because I have actually spent a fair bit of time thinking about this connection... I consider Si and Ni two heads of the same creature, one so vastly knowing itself and inateness and procedure, one seamlessly fusing itself and unveiling a right way, laying a mash up of traveled paths out onto the future, and in effect, knowing the way through it. But *something* about them is exremely similar. Even I have been convinced I was a Si user when I stood too close to really see myself as a whole. It's just hard to not get stuck on the fact that there are so many similarities.

I always have to remember to step back and count the details in terms of behavior as just details. A human brain is vastly complex, we're just reducing, to a grotesque degree. People have more in common than they don't and that's why a single difference taken in isolation is so misleading. I guess I still believe that OP is more not a Fe user than she is not a Te user. Just a feeling I have, but forget 100, I have only read like those three posts in this thread.

Of course, INFJ and INTJ are quite different (careful of the stereotypes--hah. Daydreaming about ending racism and misogyny is a concrete preference, not a cognitive style. Daydreaming about changing something and more probably someone(s) will certainly happen though.) Where Ni is pointed leads to that gap I guess. (Ex: my ambition/vision of power, though I do crave it, is connecting to and influencing the best, most wonderful people. Power is a means to the end of connecting. I don't want anything that I can't share/give meaningfully with/to other people, that's just lonely.)

I think that the aim will fall into place and become very clear over time. "Just INJ" itself is a great starting point because IMO actually being conscious of Ni is an important step to understanding how your inner world works. (But then again, I'm not a Te user, I don't really need closure on the categorizations, so yeah, more differences.)
    Likes oneandonly liked this post

A wannabe dog

Quote Originally Posted by unsomething View Post
    Funny you mention that because I have actually spent a fair bit of time thinking about this connection... I consider Si and Ni two heads of the same creature, one so vastly knowing itself and inateness and procedure, one seamlessly fusing itself and unveiling a right way, laying a mash up of traveled paths out onto the future, and in effect, knowing the way through it. But *something* about them is exremely similar. Even I have been convinced I was a Si user when I stood too close to really see myself as a whole. It's just hard to not get stuck on the fact that there are so many similarities.

I always have to remember to step back and count the details in terms of behavior as just details. A human brain is vastly complex, we're just reducing, to a grotesque degree. People have more in common than they don't and that's why a single difference taken in isolation is so misleading. I guess I still believe that OP is more not a Fe user than she is not a Te user. Just a feeling I have, but forget 100, I have only read like those three posts in this thread.

Of course, INFJ and INTJ are quite different (careful of the stereotypes--hah. Daydreaming about ending racism and misogyny is a concrete preference, not a cognitive style. Daydreaming about changing something and more probably someone(s) will certainly happen though.) Where Ni is pointed leads to that gap I guess. (Ex: my ambition/vision of power, though I do crave it, is connecting to and influencing the best, most wonderful people. Power is a means to the end of connecting. I don't want anything that I can't share/give meaningfully with/to other people, that's just lonely.)

I think that the aim will fall into place and become very clear over time. "Just INJ" itself is a great starting point because IMO actually being conscious of Ni is an important step to understanding how your inner world works. (But then again, I'm not a Te user, I don't really need closure on the categorizations, so yeah, more differences.)

This post suddenly makes me wonder if I might be INTJ again.

Just like you, I often crave and daydream about power, but my vision of power is slightly different from your vision of power. My vision of power is not really to connect and influence others, my vision of power is actually more of a self-centred nature and it's mainly to gain respect and admiration from people.
    For example, one of my biggest goal in life is to open my own company and become successful in life because my family and relatives often looked down at me and I wanna change the way they view me. I also often find myself having a love-hate relationship with authority figures. I am a strong-minded person and I dislike being controlled by those people, but at the same time, I couldn't help but to admire them because they are so successful in life, I admire their willpower, I admire how hardworking they are, I admire how much efforts they have took to reach where they are today. I often find myself falling for authority figures such as teachers/bosses as a result.

The only thing that makes me doubt my INTJness is I have an idealistic side to me, especially the way I view love, the way I view love is very xNFx, I am very self-sacrificing in love and I often put the other person's needs before my own needs :-)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    This post suddenly makes me wonder if I might be INTJ again.

Just like you, I often crave and daydream about power, but my vision of power is slightly different from your vision of power. My vision of power is not really to connect and influence others, my vision of power is actually more of a self-centred nature and it's mainly to gain respect and admiration from people.
    For example, one of my biggest goal in life is to open my own company and become successful in life because my family and relatives often looked down at me and I wanna change the way they view me. I also often find myself having a love-hate relationship with authority figures. I am a strong-minded person and I dislike being controlled by those people, but at the same time, I couldn't help but to admire them because they are so successful in life, I admire their willpower, I admire how hardworking they are, I admire how much efforts they have took to reach where they are today. I often find myself falling for authority figures such as teachers/bosses as a result.

The only thing that makes me doubt my INTJness is I have an idealistic side to me, especially the way I view love, the way I view love is very xNFx, I am very self-sacrificing in love and I often put the other person's needs before my own needs :-)
    Hmm, I could see that one going either way! On the one hand, in a sense you DO want it because of other people (like, there's that underlying thought of... they thought poorly of me.. I want to change that?)

Not really sure. I get the impression that INTJs are, in their minds, certainly more fundamentally me- and my-priorities-oriented, though they do have that Fi that really does want a bond. And then again, they also seem to rather like to be needed.

But, no, maybe I was getting the wrong impression and you certainly could be INFJ. And I can relate to a lot of what you said in this post. I would say, going forward, just keep observing what you're doing and why and see how it fits! I think being INFJ is a confusing thing because lordy are we impressionable and often unsure of who we are. I for one have had a very bad case of that, lol.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    OK, you win. I'm just playing the numbers game.
    I don't want to win yet because I'm not finished discussing it. Not that I'm trying to have the last word, it's just that the topic is so interesting to me.

We have different ways of going about this typing based pretty much on our different methods of thinking about it. My method is to apply pure typology. First I gather information from the OP and other posts. Then I correlate them with functions. But that result is only a hypothesis. After forming the hypothesis, I post testing statements about functions to see if the person identifies with them. I also do this formally with my personality inventory, but this method is more informal. Either way, the method is designed to get closer and closer to the truth about the type, not to say something like, "Your type is such and such because of one statement you made in the OP."

However, if others offer their own opinions about the person's type, I may cite statements made in the OP which contradict the opinion. That's what I have done above.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by unsomething View Post
    Funny you mention that because I have actually spent a fair bit of time thinking about this connection... I consider Si and Ni two heads of the same creature, one so vastly knowing itself and inateness and procedure, one seamlessly fusing itself and unveiling a right way, laying a mash up of traveled paths out onto the future, and in effect, knowing the way through it. But *something* about them is exremely similar.
    That's correct. The similarity lies in the fact that they are both risk-aversive types; neither of them are types to throw caution to the wind. They are both also very goal-directed, and tend to think there is only one path to achieving the goal.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I should also have mentioned the fact that Si and Ni engage in a kind of selective focusing on their environment. They both look for and pay attention to only the evidence supporting their theory or idea or belief system. Doing so is very important to their psyches, as their cognitive lives are dependent upon such support. Without it, they have lost their foundation for living.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I remembered something else that relates Ni and Si - they are both anthropomorphizing functions. Ni anthropomorphizes ideas and concepts, Si anthropomorphizes concretes.

A wannabe dog

Phew I just finished 3 different cognitive function tests. Funny, but I just realized a pattern here. I consistently got Ni and Ne as my top 2 functions. If I am an INFJ, I must be the Ni subtype and not the Fe subtype. Maybe this explains why I don't Fe as much as the typical INFJ.

My top 2 functions in key2cognition: Ni, Ne
    My top 2 functions in similarminds: Ni, Fe
    My top 2 functions in cognitivequiz: Ne, Te

Results from key2cognition:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.5)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.3)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.4)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.2)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.5)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28.6)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.4)
    good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTP

Results from Similarminds:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (65%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (70%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (70%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (55%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (75%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (70%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    based on your results your type is likely - unclear

Results from Cognitivequiz:

Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.73
    Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||||| 8.16
    Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||| 6.89
    Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||||| 6.77
    Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||| 6.68
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||| 6.22
    Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||||| 4.8
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||| 3.71

Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is very developed.
    Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is very developed.
    Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is moderate.
    Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
    Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is low.
    Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is poorly developed.

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
    Most Likely: ENTP
    or Second Possibility: ENTJ
    or Third Possibility: INTJ

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What's a subtype?