User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    hmm but INTJs are often described as blunt, and I am not really a blunt person. Could I be INFJ with a well-developed Ti? INFJs with well-developed Ti often appear like INTJs lol.

Based on the stuff I wrote below, do you think I use Te or Ti?

If I have to purchase a laptop for example, I will buy a laptop that isn't too costly and is within my budget, but at the same time, the size of the laptop must be small and convenient for me to carry around, and also, the laptop must have certain functions in it, for example, internet, youtube, Microsoft word, anti-virus software etc.

If I have to go overseas for a holiday, I will make sure to plan the entire trip a few months in advance. I will check out the food, accommodation, prices of the place that I am travelling to.
    I will also book the hotel in advance. And I will also make sure to either carry a map with me or purchase a bus guide when I reached that country to ensure that I won't lose my way when I am in there.
    INTJs don't have to be blunt. That's just some stereotype. If it helps, keep in mind that more INTJs are men than women and, realistically, socialization and gender roles probably factor into that. I doubt female INTJs are as blunt as male INTJs.

You're not blunt, but you're live and let live, you're honest and straightforward. That's the root of bluntness. And it's definitely not Fe-ish.

I don't see how your description demonstrates Ti. You get/do what gets the job done, that only makes sense and that is perfectly reasonable Ni-Te behavior.

Ti is less practical, deeper, less action-oriented. Remember, it's like Fi, but without value judgments. You can't have both Fi and Ti, the stuff you're attributing to Fi is either being done by Fi or Ti and I'm pretty sure it's the former.

But the functions are whatevs. Don't focus on them too much, you'll lose sight of the question you're even answering here. Basically... you don't seem like an INFP, do you seem like an INFJ? Not imo. You're chill and thoughtful, you value concrete, deeper connections with people, you're an individualist, live and let live, no-nonsense, no fluff. Not much Fe.

Okay, that's my thoughts on that....

You know what? I had sort of the opposite thing happen in my type journey. I used to think I was INTP before I knew much about MBTI, and often tested INTP. I eventually realized I was INFJ when I stepped back and said honestly, wait, am I anything like an INTP?

Ni is tricky. You don't feel its presence, it's a perceiving, and really more of a facilitating function than anything. You have to feed it, y'know, break it in a lot to really notice it at all. But as you get older, you get more efficient, you bridge gaps and extrapolate from all these random things you've done, you become more efficient at almost everything you do and you also gain a kind of focus, even ambition.

And the 2nd function is a slightly weaker extroverted function... the one you're really gonna feel and notice is that third function. Ti for me and, imo, Fi for you. Especially because it's kind of crude... so you could feel like an INFP and I could feel like an INTP.

Anyway, think about it, yeah?

Remember that your type is an effort to describe you, not the other way around. It doesn't have to be a perfect fit or anything, just sort of a compass.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    hmm but INTJs are often described as blunt, and I am not really a blunt person. Could I be INFJ with a well-developed Ti?
    Yes. For whatever reason, INFJ is one of the types to show the most tertiary, and this causes type confusion. Ni and Fe are conflicting types. The INFJ develops Ti as the function that best cooperates with Ni. ENTP exhibits the same confusion of different personality dimensions, developing Fe makes the ENTP seem more like an ENFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”
    Likes unsomething liked this post

A wannabe dog

Quote Originally Posted by unsomething View Post
    INTJs don't have to be blunt. That's just some stereotype. If it helps, keep in mind that more INTJs are men than women and, realistically, socialization and gender roles probably factor into that. I doubt female INTJs are as blunt as male INTJs.

You're not blunt, but you're live and let live, you're honest and straightforward. That's the root of bluntness. And it's definitely not Fe-ish.

I don't see how your description demonstrates Ti. You get/do what gets the job done, that only makes sense and that is perfectly reasonable Ni-Te behavior.

Ti is less practical, deeper, less action-oriented. Remember, it's like Fi, but without value judgments. You can't have both Fi and Ti, the stuff you're attributing to Fi is either being done by Fi or Ti and I'm pretty sure it's the former.

But the functions are whatevs. Don't focus on them too much, you'll lose sight of the question you're even answering here. Basically... you don't seem like an INFP, do you seem like an INFJ? Not imo. You're chill and thoughtful, you value concrete, deeper connections with people, you're an individualist, live and let live, no-nonsense, no fluff. Not much Fe.

Okay, that's my thoughts on that....

You know what? I had sort of the opposite thing happen in my type journey. I used to think I was INTP before I knew much about MBTI, and often tested INTP. I eventually realized I was INFJ when I stepped back and said honestly, wait, am I anything like an INTP?

Ni is tricky. You don't feel its presence, it's a perceiving, and really more of a facilitating function than anything. You have to feed it, y'know, break it in a lot to really notice it at all. But as you get older, you get more efficient, you bridge gaps and extrapolate from all these random things you've done, you become more efficient at almost everything you do and you also gain a kind of focus, even ambition.

And the 2nd function is a slightly weaker extroverted function... the one you're really gonna feel and notice is that third function. Ti for me and, imo, Fi for you. Especially because it's kind of crude... so you could feel like an INFP and I could feel like an INTP.

Anyway, think about it, yeah?

Remember that your type is an effort to describe you, not the other way around. It doesn't have to be a perfect fit or anything, just sort of a compass.

This is really informative, thank you!! :-)

And I think you are right, I am really INTJ. I went to google up more about Ni-Te and I came across this:

INTJ’s are led by their inner visions which they try to realize in the world through established, logical systems.
    INTJs are all about getting things done. They have a vision through their Ni use their Te to make it a reality. They are methodical and deliberate in their actions. They create lists, draw up plans, and systematically work to achieve their ends. How their plans will affect others is generally not taken into account. INTJs care more about rationality and efficiency.
    Some INTJs are so obsessed with getting things perfect or achieving their goals that they forget to take into account the feelings of those working alongside them.

INTJ: I must accomplish my goals at all costs.
    INFJ: I hope my goals don’t negatively impact anyone.

INTJ: Speaks for themselves
    INFJ: Speaks for the group

I have confirmed that I use Ni, Te, and Fi.
    I am definitely an INTJ. I am so glad to have finally found my identity, thank you for the help!! :-)
    Likes oneandonly liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"My views toward love: I believe that love = caring about the other person's well-being more than your own well-being. If you have a crush on someone and you noticed that your crush liked someone else, you will actually help your crush to get together with their crush because this will make your crush feel happy."

INTJ?

A wannabe dog

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    "My views toward love: I believe that love = caring about the other person's well-being more than your own well-being. If you have a crush on someone and you noticed that your crush liked someone else, you will actually help your crush to get together with their crush because this will make your crush feel happy."

INTJ?

?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    The cognitive function expressed in the OP is Ni.
    What makes you so sure?

I am going on OP's posting around the forum, keeping this thread in mind. It is best to observe creatures as they behave in the wild.

INTJ is not an option (<--- typical Te. Strong Te users use a lot of direct orders and imperatives in our posts, this is one of the best ways to spot us).

From what I've seen elsewhere OP is more likely INFJ or ISFJ than INTJ, but whatever...
    Likes Mal12345, oneandonly liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    What makes you so sure?

I am going on OP's posting around the forum, keeping this thread in mind. It is best to observe creatures as they behave in the wild.

INTJ is not an option. It is either INFJ or ISFJ, and I am yet to make a decision between those two.
    I agree that INTJ is not an option, but I've settled on INFJ because the OP is more conceptual and future-oriented than concrete and present-minded.
    "I am very focused on the future, and I tend to live more in the future than in the present."
    "I also often daydream of moving away from my current country because I find the people in my country really superficial. Everybody here is so focused on materialistic things such as money, status, branded goods etc, and it irks me so much. Is life supposed to be this superficial?"
    The latter (money, branded goods, etc.) are concrete status symbols.

"I am very good at reading people's emotions just by looking at their facial expressions, their body language, their voice tone etc.
    For example, there was once when my friend called me on the phone. When I heard her voice on the phone, I immediately knew she was feeling down and so I asked her if she is feeling down, and she said yes how did I know etc."
    I don't know anybody who can't read emotions, even over the phone. People sound sad and it comes through. But the OP's focus on this as almost a special power indicates a preference for Ni.

This is a far more idealized view of love than even an ISFJ is capable of.

The other paragraphs of the OP are more indeterminate yet indicate a preference for Ji.
    Likes Kullervo, Destiny liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

What makes you so sure?

INTJ is not an option (<--- typical Te. Strong Te users use a lot of direct orders and imperatives in our posts, this is one of the best ways to spot us).

From what I've seen elsewhere OP is more likely INFJ or ISFJ than INTJ, but whatever...
    Maybe, I'm just going by what OP said. I think real life behavior is a lot more telling than posts online. Then again, I have to reiterate that type is imperfect and very broad/general. People don't fit perfectly in these boxes.

Anyway, glad if I could help @Complexity (: at the very worst, it's not bad to be wrong, it points you to what's right.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by unsomething View Post
    Maybe, I'm just going by what OP said. I think real life behavior is a lot more telling than posts online. Then again, I have to reiterate that type is imperfect and very broad/general. People don't fit perfectly in these boxes.

Anyway, glad if I could help @Complexity (: at the very worst, it's not bad to be wrong, it points you to what's right.
    I dislike these type-me threads because they often have leading statements and are subject to the Forer effect, as I mentioned. Who doesn't want to be creative, for example? Si users think about the future a lot, too, the difference is the time scale. Many Ni users are shit planners (I am incapable of keeping to a schedule) and tend to brood on an abstract level about what will come to pass in the coming decades. Si users are thinking "OK, I have to do A by this time, B by that time, C by then. Good. Let's do it.".

So in a way, both are future orientated. It is just that Ni users are way out in Never-Never Land for a fair chunk of the time, INFJs for example spend a fair bit of down time dreaming about eradicating racism and misogyny seeing their Intuition isn't coupled to a Thinking function.

I find it hard to tell Si and Ni users apart, especially, from just one or two posts. The differences between types become clearer once you get to know the person and understand the reasons why they believe what they do, how they approach a problem to solve it. Ne and Se users are very easy to tell apart (as are Ni and Ne). A strong Ne user is like the ginger amongst the brunettes - you can't not notice them

Once you have around 100 posts under your belt people have generally had enough time to figure shit out though.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I dislike these type-me threads because they often have leading statements and are subject to the Forer effect, as I mentioned. Who doesn't want to be creative, for example? Si users think about the future a lot, too, the difference is the time scale. Many Ni users are shit planners (I am incapable of keeping to a schedule) and tend to brood on an abstract level about what will come to pass in the coming decades. Si users are thinking "OK, I have to do A by this time, B by that time, C by then. Good. Let's do it.".

So in a way, both are future orientated. It is just that Ni users are way out in Never-Never Land for a fair chunk of the time, INFJs for example spend a fair bit of down time dreaming about eradicating racism and misogyny seeing their Intuition isn't coupled to a Thinking function.

I find it hard to tell Si and Ni users apart, especially, from just one or two posts. The differences between types become clearer once you get to know the person and understand the reasons why they believe what they do, how they approach a problem to solve it. Ne and Se users are very easy to tell apart (as are Ni and Ne). A strong Ne user is like the ginger amongst the brunettes - you can't not notice them

Once you have around 100 posts under your belt people have generally had enough time to figure shit out though.

ISFJ? Never.