User Tag List

First 12

Thread: INTJ Sports

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Would you count tennis? I just got a racquet at the thrift store for super cheap and started hitting balls back and forth with a friend, but you can hit against a wall too. It's more engaging than just straight-up running.
    I did that when I was a kid, hitting a tennis ball against a wall. Currently I lack the wall, the racket, and the balls to do it (pun tolerated), unfortunately.

Hiking is a pretty fun one too, esp if you live near beautiful and interesting landscapes that have challenging terrain, where you have to use your hands and figure out how to scramble up the trail a bit from time to time. Puzzle-like, sort of!

Even more puzzle-like would be rock climbing... I have done a little of that but don't own any gear... you can boulder without gear, or you can go to gym and/or rent some, again depending where you live. That definitely engages the mind, in a fun and different way! Esp as you push yourself to harder levels, you are really working both your body and your mind simultaneously.
    My flatmate persuaded me to go in-door climbing with him, maybe this Friday. The last time I climbed was... half my life ago. I will let you know how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I did that when I was a kid, hitting a tennis ball against a wall. Currently I lack the wall, the racket, and the balls to do it (pun tolerated), unfortunately.

My flatmate persuaded me to go in-door climbing with him, maybe this Friday. The last time I climbed was... half my life ago. I will let you know how it went.
    Cool yes tell me!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Might be a bit rough if you haven't been that physically active since it's a really strenuous activity. That said, they might have pulley systems to reduce weight making easier. Either way I suspect it will be fun so long as you can ignore other around you .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

My most consistent activity is martial arts. I attend class twice per week, and try to practice outside of that several times per week. I really enjoy aerobics classes - yes, with the pudgy ladies and kitschy music. It's one of the few exercises I can simply lose myself in and the time flies by. I haven't been able to find a class that matches my schedule, though, so I try to do workout videos at home. Between trying to line up a new job and some other short-term time constraints, though, I haven't been very faithful to that routine lately.

In outdoors activity, I also like to hike. That's probably my top choice, especially since there are a few hiking areas relatively close by. I enjoy cross-country skiing, but we don't usually have enough snow to do that with any consistency. Finally I enjoy getting exercise through practical activities, like riding my bike for transportation, and chopping wood in my yard.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

No, seriously, what do you do to keep fit?

How often do you exercise? Does it entertain or bore you? Do you think some sports are particularly suited to your type?

Discuss, reveal, explain!
    I am not doing a good job with this now. When I do, I tend to do the stationary bike and machines/strength training. I went to the health club today to reinitiate the membership, so expect to get started again soon. When I was younger, I used to love any kind of racket sport - tennis, ping-pong, badminton. I was not very good at Racquetball. Too fast for me. During 2008, I was playing tennis again and then the recession hit and I decided to quit and focus more on my job. I never started it up again.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I exercise with weights 2x week and some cardio 2x week. I'm on 2 curling teams in the winter months, it's much more of a workout than it looks.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Cool yes tell me!
    We were there for two hours or so, bouldering and climbing. Now my arms are limp, my knee is bloody, and my hands can no longer grasp with firmness, but it was fun enough. If the hall were not half a world away, I might do this every week. According to my flatemate, who also works there, I did not do too badly for a beginner. Having watched him boulder, I think it is only his upper-body strength and a tiny bit of technique that make him better.
    Likes gromit liked this post

A wannabe dog

I suggest cycling and swimming.

Pros of cycling:

1) Great for recreational activity, at the same time, help to keep you fit by strengthening your leg mucles
    2) Help save gas/transport money etc

Pros of swimming:

1) Good for recreational activity and is also challenging enough to hold your interest
    2) A good opportunity to show off your muscular body and attract women

We were there for two hours or so, bouldering and climbing. Now my arms are limp, my knee is bloody, and my hands can no longer grasp with firmness, but it was fun enough. If the hall were not half a world away, I might do this every week. According to my flatemate, who also works there, I did not do too badly for a beginner. Having watched him boulder, I think it is only his upper-body strength and a tiny bit of technique that make him better.
    YAY.

Yeah you are supposed to use as much leg as possible but the upper body strength sure helps too! If there are big enough rocks outdoors near where you live, you can put down a mat and do some bouldering on your own (or no mat, as long as you don't go too high).
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.