The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I'm ENFP and I've cried in front of my boss before. I very rarely yell back and my first reaction to being yelled at is to apologize and cry.
    OMG, me too! Only difference is I'll try my best to fake smile until I find a private place to let it all out.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Feeling (thereby Fe) doesn't have anything to do with negative emotions, no.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Feeling (thereby Fe) doesn't have anything to do with negative emotions, no.
    Fe can cause negative emotions. But you are indeed right that negative emotions are not Fe.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

A wannabe dog

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Actually, my post was more of a joke.

Actual Fe is not quite as simple as what I made it out to be, and of course comes in many shapes and sizes.

For example. In me Fe shows itself through my willingness and ability to formulate my opinions as recognizable as possible for the intended reader. Not because I want to be understood myself, but because I want others to understand. Fe is my fragile link to other people. I sometimes feel that without it, I would truely become a hermit.

But Fe comes in all shapes and sizes. Wether it be laughing at a joke that you didn't think was funny, or force feeding someone your ideals because you think you save them by doing so (yeah, Fe is not infallible). The only consistency in Fe is that it puts a high value on someone elses well-being. Not objectively, but subjectively.

Also, it is very likely that Fe was at least a part for your experiences, but it would probably be imprudent to chalk the experience up to Fe entirely. No single action is every truely exclusively Fe.

This is interesting, thank you for sharing your opinion. :-)
    I find it interesting that both INTPs and INFJs use Fe, but the way we use Fe differs from each other.

For example, as an INFJ, I often find myself often subconsciously putting other people's needs before my own needs. I will give an example here. Each time before I open my mouth, I will make sure that my words doesn't offend anyone. Even a simple SMS or text message will take me at least 10 minutes to write, because I am always rephrasing my words to make sure that my texts doesn't sound offensive in any ways. I also often use lots of emoticons in emails and text messages to make my messages sound more lighthearted and make people feel more comfortable around me. Whenever someone is mean toward me, or if someone hates me, my instinctual reaction is to start blaming myself.
    I have a difficult time being mean toward anyone, even toward people I dislike, I am also still nice and courteous toward them. Whenever my friends are angry with me, I start feeling upset to the point whereby I get physically ill.
    I need peace and harmony in my environment at all times.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    OMG, me too! Only difference is I'll try my best to fake smile until I find a private place to let it all out.
    Lol yeah me too. Usually I can but that one time I just lost it I guess.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    This is interesting, thank you for sharing your opinion. :-)
    I find it interesting that both INTPs and INFJs use Fe, but the way we use Fe differs from each other.

For example, as an INFJ, I often find myself often subconsciously putting other people's needs before my own needs. I will give an example here. Each time before I open my mouth, I will make sure that my words doesn't offend anyone. Even a simple SMS or text message will take me at least 10 minutes to write, because I am always rephrasing my words to make sure that my texts doesn't sound offensive in any ways. I also often use lots of emoticons in emails and text messages to make my messages sound more lighthearted and make people feel more comfortable around me. Whenever someone is mean toward me, or if someone hates me, my instinctual reaction is to start blaming myself.
    I have a difficult time being mean toward anyone, even toward people I dislike, I am also still nice and courteous toward them. Whenever my friends are angry with me, I start feeling upset to the point whereby I get physically ill.
    I do, too...though I seriously doubt I'm a J. I'm too messy.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Smile

Why do I have such a difficult time controlling my emotions whenever I feel sad? Why do I always end up crying in front of people whenever I feel sad? Is it my Fe that causes me to act like this?

I'm quite new on the forum and I can't say if Fe is expressing itself in this very example.

But I think crying is, beyond a sign of sensitivity and human feelings, a sign of courage as well, mainly in some situations in which ones society would rather teach us to shut up and be discret and all.

One of my deep ego needs is to feel strong so I don't cry and prefer to be arrogant and so on than to show some feelings IF I AM SURROUNDED BY STRANGERS.

Like you, it already happened to me to cry spontaneously in a "surprise situation".

Last time this "bad surprise" happened to me was into an hospital for a checking.
    I was not directly concerned about that but seeing some old people in bad health did something to me.

And...I arrived in the checking room in front of the doctor being very surprised to see me this way.

I hate feeling some sadness, but once I tell myself "come on you are just being human!" I allow myself this freedom.
    Yes, I see that as a freedom. You don't depend on others' points of view, you're just being yourself.

ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Likes PeaceBaby liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

With all respect to you Complexity, none of what's below specifically means you use Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    It does speak to enneagram 9 but as for pointing to functions, could be either Fe or Fi.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching