• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Simplified Myers Briggs Compatibility Chart

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This looked interesting.

1303a1988541e3026f3dae1664a2a3b0.jpg

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't really buy this one, and by that I mean even for a hypothetical romantic chart. I have two ISFP friends who rarely get on my nerves as much as my INFJ friends. Also with someone with as many S friends as I do, I just don't see it. :shrug: I wonder why every single S type is outlawed for all the NFs here anyway.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find it hard to believe that introversion/extraversion is the sole deciding factor, in some cases, between 'ideal relationship full of flowers and rainbows' and 'an absolute hatred toward each other that burns like a hundred suns'.

The N circlejerk (in the upper left corner, wherein every N has a good chance with one another! hooray!), depending on who you ask and how cynical they are, is either bullshit or honest-to-God truth.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP and ISFP? Uh, no. Those are types I generally get along with least.

Same here with the ETJs.. Or its more like what they shine on is what i respect the least. Not that i couldnt tolerate them for example in a group of friends or something like that, but i just dont really care for them and heavy Te attitude is something i naturally respond with arguing..

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dat N circlejerk. Lol.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are assumptions being made about what is "compatible," unfortunately, and this undermines the chart.

For example, "similarity" vs 'difference". Some people in a type prefer similar partners; others will like opposites. Upbringing and the like also will factor in.

The INTP perfect match (ENTJ) is one of the last types I'm interested in being in an LTR with, honestly.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no... none's gonna tell me to date an ENTJ. And none's gonna tell me that ISFPs, or ESFPs are bad for me!And ENFJs are hystrionic drama queens. :mad:

á´…eparted

passages

Going by experience. Online and offline I have butt heads with them the most. It usually comes down to apprehension to setting anything in stone, placing internal emotions as paramount and something that always needs to be considered, and holding things back to the point where it holds everyone else around them back. Only to have them "open up" and cause more problems because they held back in the first place. I just don't take well to it. If you try and help them "improve" they usually take offense. The ways they do take well to I generally think "yeah I ain't got the time/patience for that". They generally don't like me either because I often force them (knowingly or unknowingly) to do things they are very uncomfortable with. From a distance though things can be fine, but working closely with them can be bad. The president for the past year of HvZ on campus I am very certain is an INFP and him and I clashed frequently. He didn't do a bad job with the game, but the way he dealt with everyone who ran the game was quite irritating to me. Needless to say I am glad he stepped down.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What could possibly make NFs and sensors so romantically cloistered that they cannot whatsoever handle each other (ENFJ + ISFP doesn't count because it makes even less sense)? And what's ENTJ's secret??

:doh:

á´…eparted

passages
(ENFJ + ISFP doesn't count because it makes even less sense)?

It does on a theoretical level.

It follows the same pattern that the "classic" ENTP/INFJ and ENFP/INTJ parings that frequently get talked about on here. You invert the attitude of the dominant function, and swap the aux. and tert. functions. Thus, Fe > Ni > Se > Ti | Fi > Se > Ni > Te fits the pattern. Whether there is any salt to that "theory" is up for debate. I contest it personally.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No idea. I just came upon it on Pinterest. Not sure where the chart originated from.

Excellent it appears I actually know the answer to something. It looks to be based on the Tieger and Barron-Tieger statistics on relationship satisfaction. I don't know where to find the official statistics, but Oddly Developed Types has a breakdown of them.

What is meant by a one-sided match?

The one sided match refers differing levels of satisfaction in relationships. They found that NT's average satisfaction rate was 54%, while their SP partners rated the relationships at 73%.

What could possibly make NFs and sensors so romantically cloistered that they cannot whatsoever handle each other (ENFJ + ISFP doesn't count because it makes even less sense)? And what's ENTJ's secret??

:doh:

The statistics do, as to whether they hold water I haven't a clue; but in terms of relationships, the NF's rated the SP's at 51%,(from a high of 73%), barely above their worst relationship partner SJ's. The SP's weren't all that keen on you lot either (54%). As for ENTJ's apparently they where just happy to be in a relationship (seriously; high level of relationship satisfaction across the board).

They really should have had a different colour for the NF x NF (73%) an SJ x SJ (79%) relationships. They blow the others out of the park

Destiny

A wannabe dog
I agree with ENTJ being my best match. I get along very well with the ENTJs I met in real life. I love their capable and intelligent and hardworking and logical side, I love how they ground me emotionally, and I also love how passionate they are under their calm and logical exterior.

But ENFJ? :dry: Although I get along with ENFJs generally, but I can't handle all those Fe in a close relationship. When I am in a relationship, I want my partner to have their own lives, to pursue their own goals, and not make me the centre of their universe, I basically hate any forms of clinginess, and the way they love to gush their emotions makes me feel very uncomfortable, and I also hate it when people try to manipulate my emotions.
ENFJs are alright as people, but a romantic relationship with them is a huge no no.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think any combination of types could potentially be a good match if those two involved are both dedicated to the relationship and if both are willing to compromise if necessary.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Ironically, I get along best with ISTJs and INTJs.

ISTJs--Maybe it's because I've spent so much time with them. Maybe, it's because I like knowing what I can expect out of people or maybe it's because the ISTJs I know are "honest" people, rigid perhaps, but authentic. I think of Odo on Deep Space Nine when I think of ISTJs, because he was "just" and I guess that's the way I see them. I sometimes butt heads with them but when we are usually able to come to terms.

INTJs-because I can talk to them and they "get it" for the most part. Because they are rational and don't usually get defensive or take things so personally. I think in some ways they are more able to see the big picture than a lot of types and I really like that.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think that there are so many factors that go into compatibility that it's almost bizarre to think about it in terms of MBTI type. I appreciate that this chart is based on statistics - and good identification, Mobius - but I'm surprised that actual statistics yielded such a symmetrically patterned result. I do wonder, though, how thoroughly the participants were typed. If they just filled out surveys and submitted their types along with their satisfaction ratings, it just seems to me that official MBTI tests are so internally invalid that it's almost moot...

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it just seems to me that official MBTI tests are so internally invalid that it's almost moot...
This is the problem that many, many type-stats-based comparisons have.

If we test a correlation between MBTI test results and athletic ability (measured by.. I don't know, number of points scored in a b-ball game?), or dare I say IQ; and if we think the MBTI test itself is total garbage as a way to determine 'true type' (a sentiment that a lot of people have).. then what are we really correlating?