First 234

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Of course.
    You have been here even less time than I have, though.

I was talking about the history of the forum. Seeing AA refers to it as a dating site...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I adapt quickly.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I was talking about the history of the forum. Seeing AA refers to it as a dating site...
    Well I have a bias about that and am somewhat bitter so my perspective of the site is unfairly skewed.

Not for the reasons of my own virginity or lack of relationships though. I'm just not a fan of encouraging the exclusion of people based on notions of type. Not that I'm innocent of this myself, but I'm trying.

It's just that a lot of yourself appears to go into a relationship and that emotional investment can become a nightmare in a relationship gone bad and so one experience with a type of person can become inflated across an entire spectrum, I imagine it's hard to avoid doing that if you are deeply wounded.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Almost certain there have been couples who've met on the forum. That's not even sardonic speculation; I'm pretty sure I've seen stuff to that effect.

There's also a lot of weird type fetishizing that goes on, too, between those of 'compatible types,' for what it's worth. Almost to the point of full-on cybersex. No, full-on cyber-orgies.

There are also a lot of forum members who are married or dating each other who, of course, didn't meet up here.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Well I have a bias about that and am somewhat bitter so my perspective of the site is unfairly skewed.

Not for the reasons of my own virginity or lack of relationships though. I'm just not a fan of encouraging the exclusion of people based on notions of type. Not that I'm innocent of this myself, but I'm trying.
    I am with you there. The most rewarding relationship (well, if you can call it that) I have had was with an ESFP, which wouldn't be considered normal.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    It's just that a lot of yourself appears to go into a relationship and that emotional investment can become a nightmare in a relationship gone bad and so one experience with a type of person can become inflated across an entire spectrum, I imagine it's hard to avoid doing that if you are deeply wounded.
    Don't give up yet. I know exactly what it feels like to think there's no point in pursuing women. But they are not going to come to you, so if you want to ease the bitterness there isn't really an option.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I
    Don't give up yet. I know exactly what it feels like to think there's no point in pursuing women. But they are not going to come to you, so if you want to ease the bitterness there isn't really an option.
    Well that's not really how I feel, or what I was getting at.

I know my own drives and that if I find someone I am attracted to I have to make the effort to know them and make my intentions understood. But I'm largely apathetic, not because of a view of hopelessness towards women I just have other focuses and they start internally with myself.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Permabanned

Initially I thought the "ideal combinations" are just a repeat of the classic recommendation (Si & Se, Ni & Ne, Ti & Te, Fi & Fe), and most do, but there are a few exceptions:

added combinations:
    ESTJ & ISFP
    ENTJ & INFP
    ESFJ & ISTP

missing combinations:
    ENTJ & ISTP (One sided match)
    INFP & ESFJ (Bad match)

Is this a statistic or a theory?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This looked interesting.

This is one of the most useless relationship models I've seen for MBTI.

1. Keirsey based connections between the dichotomies:

SPs and NFs = Absolutely Not, except ISFP and ENFJ
    SJ and SJs = All good.
    SJs and SPs = perfect or ok
    Ns with Ns = All good or perfect
    etc.
    There are correlations with the functions for 'perfections'.

2. Clearly not statistics based as it has clear structure. (but horrible algorithm if it even exists)

3. Why do SPs have no "It's Got a Good Chance" colours? Like it either has to be perfect or 'ok' and less. Nonsense

4. Only ISFPs, ESTJs and ENFJs have 3 perfect matches?

5. Because of the use of keirsey, the algorithm for this model doesn't seem to exist. There is no symmetry between the functions of good match which makes for an irregular (and pointlessly so) structure this model provides. The symmetry is highly important for relationship dynamics where the functions are dichotomous for opposites of both the introverted/extraverted directions as well as the S/N and F/T dichotomies. Or rather, if the relationship model was actually done correctly, there would be a clear symmetrical indication.

I do hope no one uses this model for any sort of relationships. It's almost garbage.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Hmmm. No NFs for me

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I don't think Keirsey's ideas hold up in practice either. They seem overly formulaic.

Would an INTJ really be more likely to bond with an ENFP than an INFP, or even an INFJ or ISFP? I am not convinced.