MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    Why?
    Going by experience. Online and offline I have butt heads with them the most. It usually comes down to apprehension to setting anything in stone, placing internal emotions as paramount and something that always needs to be considered, and holding things back to the point where it holds everyone else around them back. Only to have them "open up" and cause more problems because they held back in the first place. I just don't take well to it. If you try and help them "improve" they usually take offense. The ways they do take well to I generally think "yeah I ain't got the time/patience for that". They generally don't like me either because I often force them (knowingly or unknowingly) to do things they are very uncomfortable with. From a distance though things can be fine, but working closely with them can be bad. The president for the past year of HvZ on campus I am very certain is an INFP and him and I clashed frequently. He didn't do a bad job with the game, but the way he dealt with everyone who ran the game was quite irritating to me. Needless to say I am glad he stepped down.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

What could possibly make NFs and sensors so romantically cloistered that they cannot whatsoever handle each other (ENFJ + ISFP doesn't count because it makes even less sense)? And what's ENTJ's secret??

4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    (ENFJ + ISFP doesn't count because it makes even less sense)?
    It does on a theoretical level.

It follows the same pattern that the "classic" ENTP/INFJ and ENFP/INTJ parings that frequently get talked about on here. You invert the attitude of the dominant function, and swap the aux. and tert. functions. Thus, Fe > Ni > Se > Ti | Fi > Se > Ni > Te fits the pattern. Whether there is any salt to that "theory" is up for debate. I contest it personally.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What is meant by a one-sided match?
    No idea. I just came upon it on Pinterest. Not sure where the chart originated from.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    No idea. I just came upon it on Pinterest. Not sure where the chart originated from.
    Excellent it appears I actually know the answer to something. It looks to be based on the Tieger and Barron-Tieger statistics on relationship satisfaction. I don't know where to find the official statistics, but Oddly Developed Types has a breakdown of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What is meant by a one-sided match?
    The one sided match refers differing levels of satisfaction in relationships. They found that NT's average satisfaction rate was 54%, while their SP partners rated the relationships at 73%.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    What could possibly make NFs and sensors so romantically cloistered that they cannot whatsoever handle each other (ENFJ + ISFP doesn't count because it makes even less sense)? And what's ENTJ's secret??

The statistics do, as to whether they hold water I haven't a clue; but in terms of relationships, the NF's rated the SP's at 51%,(from a high of 73%), barely above their worst relationship partner SJ's. The SP's weren't all that keen on you lot either (54%). As for ENTJ's apparently they where just happy to be in a relationship (seriously; high level of relationship satisfaction across the board).

They really should have had a different colour for the NF x NF (73%) an SJ x SJ (79%) relationships. They blow the others out of the park
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

A wannabe dog

I agree with ENTJ being my best match. I get along very well with the ENTJs I met in real life. I love their capable and intelligent and hardworking and logical side, I love how they ground me emotionally, and I also love how passionate they are under their calm and logical exterior.

But ENFJ? Although I get along with ENFJs generally, but I can't handle all those Fe in a close relationship. When I am in a relationship, I want my partner to have their own lives, to pursue their own goals, and not make me the centre of their universe, I basically hate any forms of clinginess, and the way they love to gush their emotions makes me feel very uncomfortable, and I also hate it when people try to manipulate my emotions.
    ENFJs are alright as people, but a romantic relationship with them is a huge no no.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I think any combination of types could potentially be a good match if those two involved are both dedicated to the relationship and if both are willing to compromise if necessary.

Enneagram
    9w8

Ironically, I get along best with ISTJs and INTJs.

ISTJs--Maybe it's because I've spent so much time with them. Maybe, it's because I like knowing what I can expect out of people or maybe it's because the ISTJs I know are "honest" people, rigid perhaps, but authentic. I think of Odo on Deep Space Nine when I think of ISTJs, because he was "just" and I guess that's the way I see them. I sometimes butt heads with them but when we are usually able to come to terms.

INTJs-because I can talk to them and they "get it" for the most part. Because they are rational and don't usually get defensive or take things so personally. I think in some ways they are more able to see the big picture than a lot of types and I really like that.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I think that there are so many factors that go into compatibility that it's almost bizarre to think about it in terms of MBTI type. I appreciate that this chart is based on statistics - and good identification, Mobius - but I'm surprised that actual statistics yielded such a symmetrically patterned result. I do wonder, though, how thoroughly the participants were typed. If they just filled out surveys and submitted their types along with their satisfaction ratings, it just seems to me that official MBTI tests are so internally invalid that it's almost moot...

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    it just seems to me that official MBTI tests are so internally invalid that it's almost moot...
    This is the problem that many, many type-stats-based comparisons have.

If we test a correlation between MBTI test results and athletic ability (measured by.. I don't know, number of points scored in a b-ball game?), or dare I say IQ; and if we think the MBTI test itself is total garbage as a way to determine 'true type' (a sentiment that a lot of people have).. then what are we really correlating?
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics