User Tag List

A wannabe dog

Default Strong sense of justice

Which function causes one to have a strong sense of justice? Is it Fi?

I noticed that I have a strong sense of justice. I put justice before my loved ones.
    If my loved ones did something wrong, I won't side them, I will make sure to side justice.
    If my good friend did something unkind toward another person such as badmouthing someone or being mean toward someone, I will end up losing respect for my good friend and distance myself from them. If my family ever did something heinous toward another person such as murdering someone, I will make sure to side justice in this situation. I value fairness and justice more than kinship, if a family member ever did something heinous such as killing someone, then I will no longer consider them as my family member anymore.

Which function causes me to have such a strong sense of justice? Is it my Fi?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I dont think so, because im much like that too and my F is extraverted.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

In my opinion, Fe. This website might help you, it sort of helped me Extraverted Feeling (Fe)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'd say Fe or Te

I can see Fi, Fe, Te, and Ti all having their own sense of justice.

The Fi person might not kill a man because he feels it is wrong to do so.
    The Fe person might not kill a man because society feels it is wrong to do so.
    The Te person might not kill a man because it is against the law.
    The Ti person might kill a man for raping his daughter. That is his personal sense of justice.

This is an oversimplification to illustrate how different functions might have a different sense of justice.
    Facetious Frank

A wannabe dog

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin-X View Post
    I can see Fi, Fe, Te, and Ti all having their own sense of justice.

The Fi person might not kill a man because he feels it is wrong to do so.
    The Fe person might not kill a man because society feels it is wrong to do so.
    The Te person might not kill a man because it is against the law.
    The Ti person might kill a man for raping his daughter. That is his personal sense of justice.

This is an oversimplification to illustrate how different functions might have a different sense of justice.

Let's have a scenario:

There is this celebrity guy who was unfaithful to his wife, and the entire society is criticising him and bashing on his character after the incident.
    My personal view toward this situation is, I strongly disapprove of his actions, and I am utterly disgusted by his actions, but at the same time, I feel annoyed that society is treating him like garbage, he is still a human and he doesn't deserve to be treated like garbage, just because a human makes some mistakes in life doesn't mean they ought to be treated like garbage by people.
    So based on my perspective on this entire situation, do I seem like an Fi type?
    If an Fe type is in this situation, I supposed they would follow society and hate on the guy and treat him like garbage?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I'd say Fe or Te
    This.

I have a very strong sense of justice.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Which function causes one to have a strong sense of justice? Is it Fi?

I noticed that I have a strong sense of justice. I put justice before my loved ones.
    If my loved ones did something wrong, I won't side them, I will make sure to side justice.
    If my good friend did something unkind toward another person such as badmouthing someone or being mean toward someone, I will end up losing respect for my good friend and distance myself from them. If my family ever did something heinous toward another person such as murdering someone, I will make sure to side justice in this situation. I value fairness and justice more than kinship, if a family member ever did something heinous such as killing someone, then I will no longer consider them as my family member anymore.

Which function causes me to have such a strong sense of justice? Is it my Fi?
    I am like this as well. 100%.

To me, you test your worthiness as a friend, coworker or mate by being principled and loyal at times when it would be easier to stray. It goes without saying that my idea of morality doesn't necessarily fit in with what society thinks...but I do have a very strong feeling that there is a right and wrong way of doing things. The main ways that I judge people are whether they support and defend their friends when they are vulnerable, and are prepared to be ostracised for speaking the truth about something/someone (especially if they are mainstream, popular). I feel a lot closer to my friends than I do to almost all my family, who don't really understand me.

Like you OP, if a family member does something highly immoral I will completely cut them out from my life, and I already have, twice.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

didn't read post, but feels in general

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

That said, I have to wonder why many Fi and Ti doms often possess a seemingly strong sense of justice. Is this a more personal system of justice, due to the subjective, personal natures of Fi and Ti? I'm thinking of popular fictional characters such as Mad Max and Dirty Harry, both likely Ti doms. They don't really adhere to the Te/Fe based justice systems in which they operate, but rather to their own personal code of laws. Having a more difficult time thinking of some good Fi dom examples to cite...