• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strong sense of justice

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Which function causes one to have a strong sense of justice? Is it Fi?

I noticed that I have a strong sense of justice. I put justice before my loved ones.
If my loved ones did something wrong, I won't side them, I will make sure to side justice.
If my good friend did something unkind toward another person such as badmouthing someone or being mean toward someone, I will end up losing respect for my good friend and distance myself from them. If my family ever did something heinous toward another person such as murdering someone, I will make sure to side justice in this situation. I value fairness and justice more than kinship, if a family member ever did something heinous such as killing someone, then I will no longer consider them as my family member anymore.

Which function causes me to have such a strong sense of justice? Is it my Fi?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dont think so, because im much like that too and my F is extraverted.

Paladin-X

I can see Fi, Fe, Te, and Ti all having their own sense of justice.

The Fi person might not kill a man because he feels it is wrong to do so.
The Fe person might not kill a man because society feels it is wrong to do so.
The Te person might not kill a man because it is against the law.
The Ti person might kill a man for raping his daughter. That is his personal sense of justice.

This is an oversimplification to illustrate how different functions might have a different sense of justice.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
I can see Fi, Fe, Te, and Ti all having their own sense of justice.

The Fi person might not kill a man because he feels it is wrong to do so.
The Fe person might not kill a man because society feels it is wrong to do so.
The Te person might not kill a man because it is against the law.
The Ti person might kill a man for raping his daughter. That is his personal sense of justice.

This is an oversimplification to illustrate how different functions might have a different sense of justice.

Let's have a scenario:

There is this celebrity guy who was unfaithful to his wife, and the entire society is criticising him and bashing on his character after the incident.
My personal view toward this situation is, I strongly disapprove of his actions, and I am utterly disgusted by his actions, but at the same time, I feel annoyed that society is treating him like garbage, he is still a human and he doesn't deserve to be treated like garbage, just because a human makes some mistakes in life doesn't mean they ought to be treated like garbage by people.
So based on my perspective on this entire situation, do I seem like an Fi type?
If an Fe type is in this situation, I supposed they would follow society and hate on the guy and treat him like garbage?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Which function causes one to have a strong sense of justice? Is it Fi?

I noticed that I have a strong sense of justice. I put justice before my loved ones.
If my loved ones did something wrong, I won't side them, I will make sure to side justice.
If my good friend did something unkind toward another person such as badmouthing someone or being mean toward someone, I will end up losing respect for my good friend and distance myself from them. If my family ever did something heinous toward another person such as murdering someone, I will make sure to side justice in this situation. I value fairness and justice more than kinship, if a family member ever did something heinous such as killing someone, then I will no longer consider them as my family member anymore.

Which function causes me to have such a strong sense of justice? Is it my Fi?

I am like this as well. 100%.

To me, you test your worthiness as a friend, coworker or mate by being principled and loyal at times when it would be easier to stray. It goes without saying that my idea of morality doesn't necessarily fit in with what society thinks...but I do have a very strong feeling that there is a right and wrong way of doing things. The main ways that I judge people are whether they support and defend their friends when they are vulnerable, and are prepared to be ostracised for speaking the truth about something/someone (especially if they are mainstream, popular). I feel a lot closer to my friends than I do to almost all my family, who don't really understand me.

Like you OP, if a family member does something highly immoral I will completely cut them out from my life, and I already have, twice.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
didn't read post, but feels in general

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That said, I have to wonder why many Fi and Ti doms often possess a seemingly strong sense of justice. Is this a more personal system of justice, due to the subjective, personal natures of Fi and Ti? I'm thinking of popular fictional characters such as Mad Max and Dirty Harry, both likely Ti doms. They don't really adhere to the Te/Fe based justice systems in which they operate, but rather to their own personal code of laws. Having a more difficult time thinking of some good Fi dom examples to cite...